Official Crackpot Theorist Sanctuary

Son of Jon Snarkgaryen

Patchface is creepy as hell. I've always thought he was unsettling, then in ADWD Mel says something about seeing him in the nightfires surrounded by skulls and blood...yeah, that's not gonna be good.

Patchface is secretly the Great Other and is going to kill EVERYONE

Funny you should mention this ...

Crackpot theory: Bloodraven and Bran were the ones manipulating Jon's would-be assassins, not Melisandre. This was either to speed along the AA/Last Hero prophecy, or to force Jon into a coma where he, like Bran was, would be subjected to visions of great symbolic importance.

The danger there though is that too many prophetic visions might lead Jon to realize his birth wasn't that of a bastard as he previously thought. My point was that Bloodraven's thinking was along the lines of Varys' thinking with Aegon VI/Young Griff - that a ruler should feel it's his duty, not his right. If Bloodraven reveals Jon's heritage to him (if R+L does = J), then Jon's personality might change, might, to a sense of entitlement - but if Bloodraven can keep him as humble bastard Jon Snow with NW LC leadership abilities and experience and nudge him into Westeros king position, then, the realm benefits and prospers..... hopefully.

Isn't Nymeria reverse-warging Arya, which is why she dreams of the Night Wolf? There's no indication that Arya was reaching out to the direwolf. IMO, Arya is really the super warg of the Starks: she has this connection with Nymeria, thousands of miles away. She saw through the cat's eyes without even trying, even though Varamyr said that skinchanging cats was difficult.

I agree with this. I think Arya is probably the best of the siblings at skinchanging - I say it with reserve because we don't have much data about Robb or Rickon. Whereas someone like Sansa I would say is probably the least strong in this area.

I think it comes down to identity. Arya is more comfortable with taking on different identities which I think is the trait that makes her better at skinchanging where as Sansa is pretty much steadfastly Sansa, having a stronger sense of identity, making her less skilled at skinchanging... in fact she's barely shown any prowess at it at all.

Patchface is creepy as hell. I've always thought he was unsettling, then in ADWD Mel says something about seeing him in the nightfires surrounded by skulls and blood...yeah, that's not gonna be good.

Shit is gonna hit the fan with that one.

I have to wonder just how he survived, anyway. 0_0

Shit is gonna hit the fan with that one.

I have to wonder just how he survived, anyway. 0_0

He warged a saltwater catfish. Saltwater catfish are notoriously dumb. It made him, um, let's just say, dumb. But before that he somehow had the blood of Valyria, the First Men, and the CotF in him, so he has prophecies, warging, and green sight!

Yikes! Westeros beware!

He warged a saltwater catfish. Saltwater catfish are notoriously dumb. It made him, um, let's just say, dumb. But before that he somehow had the blood of Valyria, the First Men, and the CotF in him, so he has prophecies, warging, and green sight!

Yikes! Westeros beware!

would not be suprised! Maybe he saw dragons down there...where they are secretly hiding from the world (I did just check I was in the sanctuary then!)

Mance Rayder wrote the letter to Jon and not Ramsay. However, I think it's that way for different reasons. I think Mance seriously needed some help, after being stuck in a very dangerous and precarious situation. The only person he can ask for help though is Jon because Jon is one of the two people at the Wall that know he's still alive. The only other people that know are the spearwives at Winterfell, who are probably also in a shit ton of danger. Jon is the one person that would help him because Mance is trying to save his sister; and while he might not like Mance, I do believe Jon respects him and is thankful for his help when he cannot do anything himself.

However, how is Mance going to get Jon to help him when Jon is all too serious about sticking to his vows concerning the Night's Watch? Despite all the shit that has happened to his family since he joined the Night's Watch (Ned's execution, War of the Five Kings, Winterfell's capture and burning, Bran's and Rickon's "deaths", Sansa stuck in King's Landing and married to Tyrion Lannister, Robb's betrayal and death, "Arya's" wedding to Ramsay Snow, and many more), Jon has only tried to abandon it once and that was in the beginning. He's stuck to his guns ever since then and hardcore. So how do you get a guy like that to help you out and "abandon" his vows?

Oh, why not by threatening the Night's Watch point blank? The letter pulled the Night's Watch into things - or at least into what was going on in Winterfell. The letter called them out and basically said that the Night's Watch was going to get seriously fucked up if Jon didn't bow down to Ramsay and do everything that he was told. That allows Jon to leave the Wall and ride to Winterfell, to ensure the safety of the Night's Wall and everyone there. As far as Jon knew, if he just ignored the letter, Ramsay would ride up to Castle Black and try to start shit, kill his men, rape the women, etc. Jon is from the North, so he clearly knows about the rumors surrounding Ramsay Snow. So, Mance wrote the letter, effectively allowing Jon to come to Winterfell to save Arya, Mance, and the spearwives without necessarily breaking his vows because the Night's Watch and his men's lives were threatened.

Plus, I honestly don't think Ramsay is capable of being able to do anything without his father doing it for him. Hell, I'm not even sure Ramsay is smart enough to write a letter or even knows how to write. Sure, the letter did remind me of Ramsay because of the temper tantrum "I want to skin and kill everyone" fashion. But I seriously don't think Martin would give Stannis an off-screen death after all this build up - after the Iron Banker found him and Theon was reunited with Asha. That would be ultra lame. Also, despite any skinning or horrible torture that might've occurred, I don't think any of the spearwives or Mance would've given him any real information.

There, that ends my crackpot theory. xD

Also, random crackpot theories I want to happen concerning all of this: Ramsay captures one of the spearwives and is going to rape her; she bites off his dick. After that, a Snow vs. Snow showdown, with Jon overpowering Ramsay and Ghost nomming on Ramsay while he's still alive.

(Random - Concerning Stannis and Jon's involvement in the realm's business: the Night's Watch asked for help repeatedly to anyone that would listen, but Stannis was the only one that listened; while he may have given a bit more advice than he should have, I don't think Jon stuck his nose in the realm's business that much. He was repaying his debt to Stannis for his help. Jon does his best not to mess around with the realm any more than he should.)

Jojen Reed is often referred to as the little grandfather, as he seems wiser than someone his age should be.

Howland Reed is famously small compared to other men... perhaps even child size? Surely it's obvious?

Jojen = Howland

Crackpot enough?

Actually, this theory has been suggested before, though not on this thread...... I can't remember where. I suppose it's possible.

I agree with this. I think Arya is probably the best of the siblings at skinchanging - I say it with reserve because we don't have much data about Robb or Rickon. Whereas someone like Sansa I would say is probably the least strong in this area.

I think it comes down to identity. Arya is more comfortable with taking on different identities which I think is the trait that makes her better at skinchanging where as Sansa is pretty much steadfastly Sansa, having a stronger sense of identity, making her less skilled at skinchanging... in fact she's barely shown any prowess at it at all.

I dunno...I definitely don't think Arya is being "reverse-warged" (all the Stark kids warg abilities began as dreams. Bran, Jon, etc., all began just dreaming they were their direwolves, before Bran "opened his third eye"). Arya seems to be an uber-warg, as she's done this herself without any teaching.

Sansa has done okay becoming "Alayne Stone". And GRRM has stated that all the Stark kids are capable of warging. Perhaps we'll see Sansa doing this at some point.

Littlefinger will be the one to undo what remains of the Freys as some act of vengeance for catelyn. It will involve dialogue involving littlefinger using the word "mayhap" a lot.

Doubt he'll live long enough, as UnCat will likely HANG his behind the second she is aware he is so close, for what he did to destroy her family (assuming she knows). Or, Sansa will get to him first.

I still lol'd at the "mayhaps".

I dunno...I definitely don't think Arya is being "reverse-warged" (all the Stark kids warg abilities began as dreams. Bran, Jon, etc., all began just dreaming they were their direwolves, before Bran "opened his third eye"). Arya seems to be an uber-warg, as she's done this herself without any teaching.

Sansa has done okay becoming "Alayne Stone". And GRRM has stated that all the Stark kids are capable of warging. Perhaps we'll see Sansa doing this at some point.

I wasn't saying Arya was being rev-warg'd. I was pointing out that Arya is probably better at warging due to identity core differences.

I think Varys is a left-over from the time the Others invaded Westeros thousands of years ago. His plans got thwarted because someone built a Wall to keep the Others out. He's been just hanging around, waiting for a chance to finish what he started long before Westeros ever heard the names Targaryen and Blackfyre. This time there will be no resistance left when the Others invade!

I wasn't saying Arya was being rev-warg'd. I was pointing out that Arya is probably better at warging due to identity core differences.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were. I was more replying to the person you quoted, because I couldn't find the original post. :blushing:

I think Varys is a left-over from the time the Others invaded Westeros thousands of years ago. His plans got thwarted because someone built a Wall to keep the Others out. He's been just hanging around, waiting for a chance to finish what he started long before Westeros ever heard the names Targaryen and Blackfyre. This time there will be no resistance left when the Others invade!

How has he lived this long, without being attached to a tree?

Archived