He's not dead

fede989

So, in one of his Not a Blog posts Martin unveiled some screenshots for S2 of the tv show. He grouped Tyrion, Theon and Jon into one post and called them "...the survivors..." Now Tyrion has had several near death experiences, and Theon has had at least two that I can recall. But how does Jon Snow fit into that group if he did not survive the stabbing? What other cliffhanger death has he had in the series that he would merit that label?

Is Martin giving us another "Oh, you think he's dead do you?" style hint as to Jon's fate? Or am I just descending into crackpot territory?

Here's a link to his post, look at the wording for yourself (it's those periods surrounding the words "...the survivors..." that are making me suspicious):

http://grrm.livejournal.com/265995.html

So, in one of his Not a Blog posts Martin unveiled some screenshots for S2 of the tv show. He grouped Tyrion, Theon and Jon into one post and called them "...the survivors..." Now Tyrion has had several near death experiences, and Theon has had at least two that I can recall. But how does Jon Snow fit into that group if he did not survive the stabbing? What other cliffhanger death has he had in the series that he would merit that label?

Is Martin giving us another "Oh, you think he's dead do you?" style hint as to Jon's fate? Or am I just descending into crackpot territory?

Here's a link to his post, look at the wording for yourself (it's those periods surrounding the words "...the survivors..." that are making me suspicious):

http://grrm.livejour...com/265995.html

Interesting! Only GRRM can tell what he means here, but I read it as these three survived season 1 ... as not everyone managed to do :eek:

Interesting! Only GRRM can tell what he means here, but I read it as these three survived season 1 ... as not everyone managed to do :eek:

Perhaps, though I'm not sure why Theon and Jon's season 1 arcs would merit that label. Tyrion I could see. I'm so used to GRRM's oblique hints and foreshadowing in the novels that I can't stop myself from overanalyzing everything he writes, even simple blog posts. I suppose I'm just being paranoid :P

He fell unconscious; I´m no doctor, but as far as I know, people who suffer a puncture or cut don´t fall unconscious unless an important organ is damaged or there is a lot of blood loss...people can stand on their feet with lot of superficial wounds, unless they lose a lot of blood.

After the first cut to the neck, which was apparently quite superficial, he couldn't draw his sword. That's unlike him, and so I suspect that the guy who struck the first blow put some sort of drug on his blade, or that someone else drugged him to keep him from fighting back, and that's why he fell unconscious.

Now, given the fact that Wun-Wun is standing right there, along with a huge group of wildlings, I'm sure there will be something of a blood bath at the wall the instant Jon is down. It's unlikely that any of his assasins will live to explain themselves to anyone, unless Mel, Selyse, or perhaps Val, can intervene very fast. And that's assuming that anyone is going to listen to any of those three ladies, at the Wall. The men have not been true, and this might bring the wall itself down.

The wall will fall under Stannis's rule, in the absence of any potential LC who's actually taken the black. I'm sure Snow will come to, but I doubt there'll be a real NW or wall for him to come back to.

Archived