Your Top 10 aSoIaF Moments (Spoilers)

HyacinthGirl

10) Quentyn freeing the other dragons! I was so very hopeful he would succeed and so upset when he... um failed. I know no one else cares about Quentyn, but I actually do. Also, dragons are badass.

I really did care about him !

1. Oberyn vs Gregor

2. Jaime frees Tyrion

3. Jaime vs Brienne

4. Jaime's reiteration of killing King "Burn Them All" Aerys II

5. "You speak of Aerys, Grandfather, but you were afraid of him."

6. Ramsay Bolton's big reveal in CoK

7. "Theon," he repeated. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name."

8. The Red Wedding

9. Catelyn's reappearance in the SoS epilogue

10. Arianne's sex scene

I'd like to add, too:

Ygritt's death.

Cersei's walk of shame: we finally feel pity for her. I truly wanted to hold her and help her during this awful walk, to comfort her and hug her.... and it's Cersei...

1, The wedding of the fake Arya, I absolutely love the atmosphere

2,Jon giving Arya the Needle

3,Jon, Stannis and Mel in the first scene after he becomes LC

4,Sansa building the snow castle especially putting the head of that doll on a spike

4,The Hound stopping Sansa from killing Joffrey and herself

5,Gendry and Arya in the smithy

6,Jaime and Daven talking about Freys

7,When Tywin is told that Robb bested him in battle for the first time

8,Bran waking up and naming his wolf

9,Arya hitting Kom and telling him that she don't need the tell him the fourth thing

10,Jon being happy for a moment when he thinks Alys may be Arya

10. Renly and the peach

9. Wherever whores go

8. She´s been fucking Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack and Moonboy for all I know

7. When Jaime told Ser Boros he will become Tommens food taster..."When your Sworn Brothers are training in the yard with sword and shield, you may train with spoon and trencher. Tommen loves apple cakes. Try not to let any sellswords make off with them.”

6. Jaime and Loras moment - Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

5. Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin

4. Tommen trying to defend Margarey by standing up to Cersei

3. Sing little bird, sing for your life.

2. Brienne thinking about life in Renlys camp - What was it Catelyn Stark had called them, that night at Bitterbridge? The knights of summer. And now it was autumn and they were falling like leaves...

1. My all time favorite - I dreamed of you

yes, the Lannisters are apparently my favorite family :)

7. When Jaime told Ser Boros he will become Tommens food taster..."When your Sworn Brothers are training in the yard with sword and shield, you may train with spoon and trencher. Tommen loves apple cakes. Try not to let any sellswords make off with them.”

6. Jaime and Loras moment - Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

Forgot about those two, the whole scene in the White Tower was the first time I really began to like Jaime, he finally became a "good guy" despite insulting every member of th KG like a true Lannister.

10. the peach

9. right before LF kills his wife, I was sooo scared for Sansa

8. the decapitation of Grey Wind and King Robb

7. The Golden Crown

6. the hint that Sansa will be queen

5. Bran whispering Theons name

4. Theon is alive!

3. Jon is making "peace" with the Wildlings, and then Stannis comes!

2. Jon not killing the old man, and then his girl opens the mans throat from ear to ear! and then Summer comes...

1. "You lost a son at the RW, I lost 4 on the BW, and Why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne!"

Without going through the books for recollections (or thinking too much about it); here we go:

1. Jojen assuredly stating that "the wolves will come again". This is one of the most reassuring moments of the entire series, amidst the worst tragedies of ASOS.

2. The starks finding the direwolf pups.

3. All of Jaime's mono no aware-moments in AFFC. For instance, his reply to Edmure's despisements at Riverrun: "Better men than you have despised me, Edmure.

4. An early Jon chapter (the first?) in AGOT; his first meeting with Tyrion Lannister. This chapter hinted at the potential greatness beneath the Imp's dismal exterior, noting that, as he leaves Jon's company, his shadow made him taller than any man.

5. Jon beheading Janos Slynt. Stannis nodding his approval.

6. "He belongs to the Old gods, this one". When Jon Snow decisively realizes that Ghost (and himself) will never betray their Northern heritage or the honor of the Starks.

7. Lord Manderly explaining to Davos Seaworth that "the North remembers". Sent chills up my spine!

8. The Red Wedding

9. Jon decides to go after Ramsey; "I'm coming for you, bastard".

10. Arya and the Hound roaming about in ASOS.

It's from the fifth Brienne chapter in AFFC (not the most popular story arc of an individual character, but I actually liked all/most of Brienne's chapters). The chapter starts on page 407 AFFC and the monologue starts halfway down page 420 (but I've read somewhere that page numbers can differ internationally).

"The war of the ninepenny kings?" Asked Ser Hyle Hunt.

"So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was."

Thank you!

1. "Only Cat."

2. THE KING IN THE NORTH!

3. The peach

4. The prologue of ACOK

5. "The North remembers."

6. Jaime in ASOS

7. Tyrion and Bronn in AGOT

8. RW

Kevan's assasination. IMO, that's Varys's equivalent of "Only Cat."

10. "The things I do for love."

10. "Only Cat" and the build-up to LF calling Sansa Queen in the North

9. Renly's Peach

8. "Vengence. Justice. Fire and Blood."

7. When Jaime explains why he broke his oath

6. Red Wedding

5. "Edd fetch me a block" and Stannis cold approval

4. " Wash it down with Arbor Gold and savor every bit. I know I will" & "The North Remembers"

3. THE KING IN THE NORTH

2. The Ides of Marsh

1. The Battle for the Wall especially when Stannis lays a righteous smackdown on Mance and the wildlings.

1. Jaime and Catelyn's verbal exchange in the dungeons of Riverrun.

2. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name."

3. "Only Cat."

4. The birth of dragons.

5. The Red Wedding and Arya's corresponding POVs.

6. Jaime and Brienne in the bathhouse at Harrenhal.

7. "He heard his brother sob. The room was so dark he could not see the tears on Robb’s face, so he reached out and found his hand. Their fingers twined together." (Especially on a re-read).

8. Cersei's walk of shame "Oh, yes."

9. The Battle of the Blacwater with Sansa, Tyrion and Davos' POVs.

10. Brienne facing the Brave Companions alone. "No chance, and no choice".

Bonus : Stannis in the preview chapter for TWoW.

Don't have a top ten yet, but one would definitely be Stannis's defiant bannermen being brought before Joffrey.

"Do not imagine this is done, boy," warned one, the bastard son of some Florent or other. "The Lord of Light protects King Stannis, now and always. All your swords and all your scheming shall not save you when his hour comes."

"Your hour is come right now." Joffrey beckoned to Ser Ilyn Payne to take the man out and strike his head off. But no sooner had that one been dragged away than a knight of solemn mien with a fiery heart on his surcoat shouted out, "Stannis is the true king! A monster sits the Iron Throne, an abomination born of incest!"

"Be silent," Ser Kevan Lannister bellowed.

The knight raised his voice instead. "Joffrey is the black worm eating the heart of the realm! Darkness was his father, and death his mother! Destroy him before he corrupts you all! Destroy them all, queen whore and king worm, vile dwarf and whispering spider, the false flowers. Save yourselves!" One of the gold cloaks knocked the man off his feet, but he continued to shout. "The scouring fire will come! King Stannis will return! "

Too hard to think of my all time top ten heres just the first 10 stand out moments

10. Neds dream about the tower of joy, how "it was 7 against 3" is repeated...

9. Jon beheading Slynt

8. Finding out why Jaime killed Aerys

7. The final Jon and Qorin chapter

6. the full scene leading up to arya killing the tickler

5. the Red Wedding

4. Manderly pissing off Freys

3. Finding out how much of a genius LF is before giving Lysa a push

2. Victarion taking the ship

1. Tyrions time as Hand

I'm surprised no one seems to have mentioned

1. The scene in GoT where Jon finds out Bran is alive. His joy is so infectious it takes over the entire garrison (except Ser Alliser of course).

2. Robb deciding what to do about the hostage-killers, and then spending a day drafting and tearing up letters to explain to the Lannisters. I know there are a lot of Robb-haters out there, but still... "Bring me a block" is wonderful, but Robb's was the tougher call.

Not enough people have mentioned

3. Qhorin Halfhand's death. "They warned me bastard blood was craven" is heartrending.

4. Davos saving Edric Storm and then facing the music.

5. Jaime taking over the Kingsguard and analysing the flaws of all the brothers. This was when I accepted he has the brains to be Tyrion's brother.

6. All Robb's conversations with Bran.

I agree with

7. "Bring me a block".

8. Both Davos' conversations with Wyman Manderley

9. Stannis saving the Wall.

10. (Alas) the King in the North.

There are doubtless more, but that's ten.

no Brienne is fighting a bear And Jaime comes thru to the pit. The soldiers shot the bear, in order to save Lannister. When Brienne was like why did you save me, "A hundred responces went thru his head, each one more vulgar then the last insted he said I dreamed of you" (misquote lol)

Archived