Why is he fake?

Rangers

Good catch! This would mean that Aegon may be clear of suspicion (of being the mummer's dragon) after all.

It also somewhat makes sense bases on how Quaithe lists her warnings "lion and griffin, kracken and dark flame, suns son and a mummers dragon." Lion and Griffin are obviously Tyrion and Jon Connington. Kracken and Dark flame are Victorian and Moqorro (in my opinion). Both of these are traveling with each other. Suns son is Quentyn, who makes it to Mereen and Brown Ben, my mummers dragon is already in Mereen.

I don't really understand Quaithes warnings though. She is warning Dany of people who are trying to aide her. They may have some plans of their own and some profits they want to gain, but they are all Westerosi and are trying to help he win back the Throne. Maybe not Moqorro, but Tyrion has no intentions to harm Dany, nor does Victorian, Jon Connington or Quentyn Martell. I think Quaithe has some ulterior motives here, isn't she from Asshai?

Ashara Dayne is supposed to be dead since about the same time as Aegon. Some readers believe (with no evidence) that she is still alive and (again with no evidence) that she is Septa Lemore, yet Aegon has to be fake.

Why would Ashara Dayne, Elia of Dorne’s handmaiden, have anything to do with some random child who wasn’t actually Elia’s? That makes no sense.

Why would Ashara Dayne, Elia of Dorne’s handmaiden, have anything to do with some random child who wasn’t actually Elia’s? That makes no sense.

I think the point he was making is that some of the same people who insist that Ashara Dayne is still alive are saying Aegon can't really be Rhaegars son.

Yes, I was pointing out how many people are surprised that George Martin would bring back Aegon (because he is supposed to be dead since before the books began) yet many people expect that he would bring back Ashara Dayne (who has been dead for the same amount of time.

Maybe it’s a Fake Ashara to go with the Fake Aegon? Seems awfully convoluted. Don’t understand all the fakery.

Maybe we’re missing something.

I think the idea is that neither Lemore/Ashara nor Connington know that the child is fake. Connington has only known the kid since he was, what, like five? I'm not sure how long Lemore/Ashara has been in the picture.

I don't really understand Quaithes warnings though. She is warning Dany of people who are trying to aide her. They may have some plans of their own and some profits they want to gain, but they are all Westerosi and are trying to help he win back the Throne. Maybe not Moqorro, but Tyrion has no intentions to harm Dany, nor does Victorian, Jon Connington or Quentyn Martell. I think Quaithe has some ulterior motives here, isn't she from Asshai?

I'm sure Quaithe has some ulterior motives, but I also think that the warnings aren't that out of place. Victation has decided to get himself a new wife and he's not going to let minor things like her not consenting to the match stand in his way. His family has a way to enslave her dragons and Moqorro might be willing to help Vic with that, too. The Griffin Jon Con would have probably been willing to do just about anything to see his Aegon crowned, even if it meant removing Dany. Tyrion at this point is something of a loose cannon: he might decide to help Dany or he might decide to sow chaos instead, like he did with Aegon. Even Quentyn tried to steal her dragons when the marriage fell through. They all want to use Dany.

Archived