House which most represents its sigil

The Swaggering Bravo

Seeing as the Starks of this generation can literally become wolves, I'll say them. :)

Broadly, I like the idea that a lot of the First Men/old gods houses with animal sigils chose those sigils as a result of skinchanging ancestors. Another example would be the Mormonts on Bear Island. Tze, who's pretty much awesome with this stuff, suggested that Bolton's flayed man came about from their attempts to become "skinchangers" themselves — they flayed Starks and wore their skins literally hoping to "become" them.

Starks ans their direwolves, they are part of each other so that's it ^_^

Tze, who's pretty much awesome with this stuff, suggested that Bolton's flayed man came about from their attempts to become "skinchangers" themselves — they flayed Starks and wore their skins literally hoping to "become" them.

This is genious!!! I'm really curious about the Umbers's sigil of the giant in broken chains. Are the Umbers descendents of giants? Did they help giants to get free in the past in some way? Just curious cause I've read several theories of Val being an Umber (being the daughter of that Mors Umber daughter stolen by wildlings 30 years ago) and it would be kinda awesome that she had a giant to protect her :D

Starks being direwolves suggests they are fierce, territorial, dangerous, etc people. I've never got that impression from the Starks, or at least if I did it was a minority (Brandon, Arya, Lyanna?). They seem far more solitary, calculating, reserved, etc, traits I would not normally associate with wolves.

No do I think the Lannisters fit the profile of a lion. Lion's do not scheme last I checked.

I'd agree with the Targaryens. Dragons are ferocious, but also mysterious, larger than life (as the Targs are portrayed), etc

Starks being direwolves suggests they are fierce, territorial, dangerous, etc people. I've never got that impression from the Starks, or at least if I did it was a minority (Brandon, Arya, Lyanna?). They seem far more solitary, calculating, reserved, etc, traits I would not normally associate with wolves.

The Starks existed for about 7,950 years before the events unfolding now.

Yeah, I almost feel like the question should be, "Which house DOESN'T fit it's sigil?"

I'd agree with including the Lannisters as one that does not. Instead of lions, they should probably just have bags of gold.

But most of the other houses seem to follow the sigil...

Yeah, I almost feel like the question should be, "Which house DOESN'T fit it's sigil?"

I'd agree with including the Lannisters as one that does not. Instead of lions, they should probably just have bags of gold.

But most of the other houses seem to follow the sigil...

Do any Baratheons act like deer? Do any of the Greyjoys act like squids? Martells seem to stray from their symbol.

Just to bring it up again: House Tollett. Dolorous Edd´s house.

Poor Edd, he was born to be miserable, with that sigil and words. Just his luck. :laugh:

But serious now, the Stark kids can literally become their sigil by warging, can't get much better than that!

Other houses share traits with their chosen sigils too, but not to that extent.

I think the symbols are more symbols than actual l traits

. Lannisters are loyal to the pride, they are very proud, etc.

starks are loyal to the pack, the persevere, etc.

martells banner represents dornes strongest weapons. Thw first is useless outside of dorne [sun] and the spear is supposed to keep enemies at a distance, which seems to be pretty much what martell is doing.

I really don't understand what baratheon has. I would have thought the storm kings which they stole everything from would have a lightnening bolt as a banner.

I feel the Boltons definitely deserve a mention here. Their sigil is a flayed man. They flay people. Doesn't get much more straightforward than that. None of that mucking around with animal symbolism, just straight up "you mess with us, you getting your ass flayed".

I feel the Boltons definitely deserve a mention here. Their sigil is a flayed man. They flay people. Doesn't get much more straightforward than that. None of that mucking around with animal symbolism, just straight up "you mess with us, you getting your ass flayed".

YES! House Bolton represents it's sigil better than any other.

Archived