Who Would You Fear On The Battlefield Most?

Dark Rider

-Gregor. No brainer.

-Ramsay. Even though I personally find he is a hidden coward (Bullying the weak instead of standing up against real fighters, dirty tactics etc) I wouldn't put it past him to use vicious tricks to try and get at you at a one on one fight. Get some buddies to show up, use his dogs, have some fancy but scary looking weapon that get swung around all maniac-like. And instead of killing you instantly would have a blast torturing you.

Especially for me, since I'm a female. If I fail at the fight I reeaaallly would not be in the mood to be chased, flayed and raped.

-Biter. Don't want to risk getting eaten.

-Anyone in the fighting pits. Oi, mainly because of likely unpleasant suprises you can get in order to appease the crowd, like vicious hungry animals that can tear you to pieces or a group of other fighters to take you down in a bloody way for show.

Pretty much anyone who fights dirty, has no honour and would likely give you a very nasty and slow end if you lose. I wouldn't be as worried if I went against someone like Brienne, Arthur, Barristan etc. At least they would normally show a form of respect and would likely give you a quicker, slick and dignified death, and possibly a proper burial if there is time. Heck, especially with Brienne, she even paid gold to a dead man in order to honour his efforts.

Honourable mentions: Anyone with a direwolf, and The Others. Looks like such a cold and intense death, and who knows what it would be like to 'live' as a wight.

Might as well mention a dragon, on account that burning alive or getting swallowed up by one would suck like heck if you don't win.

Maybe Robb because Grey Wind runs with him and would tear you apart.

Quote by Artos Stark

Yeah. If I wasn't a Stark, I would run like hell from anyone with a direwolf.

When I read the combat scenes I thank my lucky stars I was born a girl and women couldn't partake in this in this series. I admire all of our troops, and anyone that has ever been in hand-to-hand combat in history and in this case literature, because I am a huge coward. I would run. Yup, I totally admit it. Not my thing. Totally useless in this capacity.

Brienne is of course the exception and the Mormont ladies too. And they are Bad Ass.

I would fear the eight-foot colossus armed with an oversized greatsword and armored from head to toe with the toughest and thickest plate, Gregor Clegane.

Otherwise it would be Drogo. He is of a similar size and would be like fighting a huge, huge dog standing on its hind legs armed with an arkh (spelling?) due to Drogo's inhuman speed.

This is one of the many reason why Martin is such a fantastic writer.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I read the Mountain vs. The Red Viper. I had no idea how this was going to unfold as I mentally compared the two opponents.

Tyrion's description and play by play of the event was so fraught with tension and it perfectly reflected those concerns. Facing someone that intimidating with a damned spear and being much smaller in stature, etc.

I thought the poison tip was not going to do much. He was brilliant up until well...

Oberyn Martell. He'd just scream me to death.

Quote by Ramsay's Third Nipple

LOL! Sorry, this is too funny and so true. :rofl: When I read that and he kept repeating it over and over, I was rooting for the Viper of course but I just hoped he'd get laryngitis for like a minute.

Quote by Artos Stark

Yeah. If I wasn't a Stark, I would run like hell from anyone with a direwolf.

When I read the combat scenes I thank my lucky stars I was born a girl and women couldn't partake in this in this series. I admire all of our troops, and anyone that has ever been in hand-to-hand combat in history and in this case literature, because I am a huge coward. I would run. Yup, I totally admit it. Not my thing. Totally useless in this capacity.

Brienne is of course the exception and the Mormont ladies too. And they are Bad Ass.

Oh I agree, if i were anyone but a Stark I would be real careful around them. That would absolutely suck getting torn apart by a giant wolf.

Who would I fear most?

The Mountain - a nearly 8-foot-tall, ridiculously strong psycho? Yeah, like everyone else, I'd most definitely fear him.

Biter - if you fall, he eats your face. Not fun.

Oberyn Martell - poison is no fun either. He just has to hit you once for it to work.

Khal Drogo - an undefeated savage warrior galloping full force towards me? No, thank you.

How about Ned Stark?

We never got a chance to really see Ned in Battle, but we know he's taken down some Kings Guard back when they were more than just whichever lord they could find to hold a sword.

GRRM has said that Ned was just an above average fighter. He's not anywhere near the level of Robert, Victarion, Jaime or the Clegane Brothers.

Archived