Who Would You Fear On The Battlefield Most?

Dark Rider

Biter:Getting eaten alive is probably the most painful way of dying.

Yeah its gotta be pretty awful to say the least..Men like Dayne/Barristan/Jaime etc are deadly fighters but atleast they would kill you quickly, not delighting in torment and pain. Men like Gregor, Biter/Rorge and the other monsters out there are far more disturbing. To die a (relatively) quick death is one thing and dying in great agony another. As a fighter I would certainly fear death on the battlefield but torture even more so..

In full armor, Gregor. Out of armor, probably still Gregor.

Either way, they probably won't try to cut off my balls and feed them to goats.

Don't be so sure. Gregor Clegane fed Vargo Hoat's limbs to the prisoners in Harrenhal, remember? Even Vargo himself ate of it. :blink:

Howland Reed

...And Bran once he increases his warging to the extent where he can jump into someone not simpleminded like Hodor.

All the other fighters can be killed with a better distance weapon as Oberyn showed us with the Mountain. For Bran and Howland, distance will not save you. No defense, no warning, no nothing, you just feel them in your mind and then you are gone.

Yeah its gotta be pretty awful to say the least..Men like Dayne/Barristan/Jaime etc are deadly fighters but atleast they would kill you quickly, not delighting in torment and pain. Men like Gregor, Biter/Rorge and the other monsters out there are far more disturbing. To die a (relatively) quick death is one thing and dying in great agony another. As a fighter I would certainly fear death on the battlefield but torture even more so..

Agreed - a clean death doesn't sound so bad when you compare it to "not quite..."

So I'd prefer to fight Sandor, Jaime, Garlan, Barristan, etc.

I'd slit my own throat first if I had to fight Gregor, Biter, or Ramsay and things weren't going well. Ugh.

On battle? Gregor Clegane, obviously. :ack:

Now, if we were talking about commanders, I'd say both Tywin and Stannis would be worst enemies one could have.

The Mountain, if I saw him on the battle field I would look for some wild fire to toss at him . . if not then I would run like the powerful wind.

As I am a woman without any kind of battle/fighting skills, I would probably killed by any one, but characters like Gregor, Bolton, Illyn Payn, Biter, Vargo…well any kind of monster, especially those Arya met, would scary me to death. Obviously, a WW would do the same. so my answer is everyone in the book.

I will go out on a limb here and say Jon Snow or will be once he learns what it means to be a leader of men, finds out who he really is and his destiny he will become one to be respected and feared. With the Others, white walkers,wildings and the like trying to destory the wall, the world and what ever esle there is he`s going to be one BAMF, unless of course GRRM really did knock him off at the end of ADWD..Then I will be upset because the Starks have taken alot of grief thru out the books with no one to rise up and say Thats it we have had enough and we are going to set things right ! ( Robb stood up to do it and Look what happened to him...The Red Wedding )

I will go out on a limb here and say Jon Snow or will be once he learns what it means to be a leader of men, finds out who he really is and his destiny he will become one to be respected and feared. With the Others, white walkers,wildings and the like trying to destory the wall, the world and what ever esle there is he`s going to be one BAMF, unless of course GRRM really did knock him off at the end of ADWD..Then I will be upset because the Starks have taken alot of grief thru out the books with no one to rise up and say Thats it we have had enough and we are going to set things right ! ( Robb stood up to do it and Look what happened to him...The Red Wedding )

The Mountain is fierce and an experienced fighter, but he has lost tournaments and is not the impossible foe that many here believe him to be. I think we've seen that when someone of skill and experience has more of a fire in their bellies they can defeat the Mountain. So don't discount natural aggression and drive or "HEART" when it comes to a fight.

Barristan knows that he and any man can be defeated in battle there are a lot of factors at play. The Mountain's physical size and reach is impressive, but as we learn his field of view is limited in his helm and he's not a dancer when it comes to combat. When on horse the Mountain is truely tall, but he's also a HUGE target for a lance. I mean you'd have to be a horrible jouster not to hit the Mountain and a horse that weight 2,000 lbs I think you've got enough force against the Mountain.

Archived