Who Would You Fear On The Battlefield Most?

Dark Rider

I wouldn't wantto fight Bronn, he's going to fight dirty and win.

The Hound would be scary as well, the dude was strong enough to go toe to toe, with the Mountain, and it didn't look like he was even trying. And if Garlan Tyrell , is as good with a sword, as Loras is with a lance, you probably don't want to fight him.

Oh, and how could I forget about Ser Arthur slaying the Smiling Knight in one on one combat, which was no small feat. Another quote I remember Jaime saying was comparing the Smiling Knight to Ser Gregor and it went something like the Smiling Knight was half the size and twice as mad as Gregor was. Gregor is pretty much the most brutal, disturbed guy we got going here, and Jaime says Smiley was much worse. And I could be mistaken, but I think that Ser Arthur let Smiley replace his weapons while they fought. Man, there's so much backstory and info out there it gets confusing some times.

Individual: Biter. Even though there are better fighters, I think most of them would at least give me a quick death. Biter would literally eat me alive :ack:

Commander: Jon. I think Ned trained him just as well as Robb, and if he gets in touch with his warging abilities he could actually get a bird's (crow's) eye view of the entire battlefield. Not being limited by the fog of war would be a major advantage, so I'm anticipating Jon being a fearsome commander. Even more so than Robb actually.

In single combat I'd have to go with either, Sir Arthur Dayne, Jaime, Barristan the Bold or Syrio Forel. These men above all seem the most calculated in their fighting, and don't let emotion come into play while they are in battle.

On the battlefield my answer might change to someone like Gregor, or Biter. Terrible things could take place out there and I'm almost positive i'd want nothing to do with it.

Also the Red Viper Is a bad dude, He is undoubtedly one of my favorite warriors in the series, so much confidence, such dirty tactics. I love it!

Also the Red Viper Is a bad dude, He is undoubtedly one of my favorite warriors in the series, so much confidence, such dirty tactics. I love it!

He is the Bronn of Dorne! That would have been a fight to see, Bronn vs the Red Viper!

Yeah, Bronn and the Red Viper would be a good match for a fight. Be tought to decide on who to bet on. Bronn, the Red Viper, and Jamie are constantly evaluating other men looking for weaknesses to kill them.

They truely do live by the motto "be polite, professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Yeah, Bronn and the Red Viper would be a good match for a fight. Be tought to decide on who to bet on. Bronn, the Red Viper, and Jamie are constantly evaluating other men looking for weaknesses to kill them.

They truely do live by the motto "be polite, professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Except for the polite part :drunk:

Jaime also says something to the effect that while he might have been quicker than Dayne, Dayne was stronger.

Robert had been stronger than him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both Cleganes for a certainty. The Mountain’s strength was like nothing human. It did not matter. With speed and skill, Jaime could beat them all.

That's the quote you're looking for. It's really the best part of all of Jaime's praise for Dayne. Despite all his assertions that Ser Arthur was a god among men, he still knows he would beat Dayne. That's confidence.

I think that Jaime vs Arthur, both at their respective peaks, would have been a great match. Jaime is actually my favorite character alive, and I was pissex when they took his hand. We never really got to see Jaime fight at his peak through his or someone else's eyes. We hear about him at the Whispering Woods, where he cut down some pretty good fighters when the odds were against him. Also, wasn't it Dayne who knighted Jaime? I think he sees Loras as himself, brash, bold, and arrogant, yet incredibly skilled. However, when he was young Jaime wanted to be Dayne. He's got a growing respect for Brienne, but I feel the person he respected the most was Ser Arthur. I'm dying to know what went down at the TOJ, so we can see how this man died along with the others. Let me just say again what a shame it is that Jaime lost his sword hand. He was the best of his time, and like Dayne, the type of man men loved to follow.

Bronn and Red Viper are actually incredibly similar in fighting style. Both using speed and strategy to out weigh their bigger foes.

The Red Viper. Most of the other guys are going to give you a fairly swift death (unless they just leave you to bleed out), you are going to SUFFER if you fight Oberyn, even if you are not exactly defeated (see: Tyrell, Willas and Clegane, Gregor).

A close second goes to any of the Crannogmen, for similar reasons. Even the Ironborn are afraid of them, and I imagine that the list of living beings the Ironborn (as a group) are afraid of pretty much consists of dragons, krakens, and Crannogmen. Hell, Black Harren didn't even fear dragons.

And while Tywin Lannister might not be a formidable fighter himself, if you somehow end up face to face with him in the middle of a pitched battle, you're probably already dead and just don't know it. Your side has almost definitely lost the day.

Archived