Why can't Aegon be the real deal?

mtwebster

Connington in his POV thinks of her as Septa Lemore, but then seeing as he only had eyes for Rhaegar maybe he didn't much notice the beautiful young woman in attendance on Elia of Dorne, however it does imply that she - if she is Ashara Dayne - never revealed herself to him either.

“Lady” “Septa”:

“Where in the seven hells is Haldon?” Griff complained to
Lady
Lemore

When they were gone, Griff turned to the Halfmaester. “Ride back to the Shy Maid and return with
Lady
Lemore
and Ser Rolly.We’ll need Illyrio’s chests as well. Dance: All the coin, and the armor Give Yandry and Ysilla our thanks. Their part in this is done. They will not be forgotten when His Grace comes into his kingdom.”

Vinegar soaks and vinegar baths were the treatment
Lady
Lemore
had prescribed for the dwarf, when she feared he might have greyscale, but asking for a jug of vinegar each morning would give the game away.

Homeless Harry Strickland disagreed. “We should wait.” “We shall.” Jon Connington stood. “Ten days. No longer. It will take that long to prepare. On the morning of the eleventh day, we ride for Storm’s End.” The prince arrived to join them four days later, riding at the head of a column of a hundred horse, with three elephants lumbering in his rear.
Lady
Lemore
was with him, garbed once more in the white robes of a septa.

Let's here your theory. You didn't really elaborate much. What is the significance of Lemore = Ashara?

The significance is that whatever it was that convinced Ashara, a lady of high birth, to fake her own death and go into exile for most of her life, had to have happened when Ned returned Dawn to the Daynes after the Tower of Joy. It could not be because of some unborn child of Illyrio and Serra’s still years in the future at that time.

This is the central mystery.

The significance is that whatever it was that convinced Ashara, a lady of high birth, to fake her own death and go into exile for most of her life, had to have happened when Ned returned Dawn to the Daynes after the Tower of Joy. It could not be because of some unborn child of Illyrio and Serra’s still years in the future at that time.

I really doesn't understand why people are wanting Ashara to be alive.

I'm not sure about want. It's more that there is a mysterious character, who we are told is mysterious, and so many start to try and match up the mysterious person with any known and unaccounted for character. We get the same thing with Coldhands is Benjen, or Syrio is Jaqen. Sometimes the matching is right, Jon Connington was identified as Griff on the basis of a bit of Tyrion II (or maybe III) that was posted from a reading years before ADWD came out.

Same here, it's not want its curiousity. I reserve judgement and want to learn more about the world of asoiaf, often times, I learn from others on the boards. Details that I never caught---and Lemore is definitely a mystery character, it's like Martin is teasing us.

In the end, I'll use my own reasoning skills to come to a conclusion and that conclusion may or may not be right because the next book might blow it out of the water.

clarity

Right, so you claim Lemore = Ashara, and then you say "it's a mystery" because you have no theory on how those two can actually match up. That's crackpot territory imo.

There is not plausible reason anywhere for Ashara to stage her own suicide and go into exile for no reason. If she didn't have a reason, why did she leave? Besides, if she did indeed give birth to a healthy child, that child would very likely be Brandon Stark's and not Ned's and in that case, why would she abandon her child to look after Aegon? The logic, it is lacking.

Archived