Episode 3 Title: What Is Dead May Never Die

Westeros

I think most watchers wont be that frustrated by the disapearance of the Iron Born later on.

You are right; they won't be frustrated because they won't disappear (in my opinion). Think Robb in the upcoming Season 2, versus A Clash of King.

At the very least I expect Theon and Asha/Yara will be shown and not go off-page for two-three seasons, and I would think we would see Balon's death. Since we don't know what will happen with Aeron, Victarion, and Euron at this point, hard to say there.

Yes, so we will see Pyke by episode 3, I can't wait. I love the Iron Islands and the Greyjoys (crazy, psychotic nutjobs that they are), so this is an episode I will be definitely looking forward to.

I think the ironborn will get an expanded role in seasons 3 and 4 so viewers aren't so confused or frustrated at their absence.

I doubt Alfie Allen will consent to just wait around for two years until they need him again, so I expect a small arc for him at the Dreadfort. We only need about four scenes across both seasons:

.Theon arriving at the Dreadfort

. A (hopefully not too gruesome) torture scene, where Theon becomes Reek.

.His false escape with Kyra

. His first DWD chapter moved to the end of season 4 to make a good cliffhanger.

As for Asha I think we'll be seeing some of her conquests in The North during season 3. I also get the feeling that the ironborn subplot in AFFC will be moved at least partially into season 4. I think this would be pretty good as it always seemed to me that there was too long a gap between Balon's death and Aeron finding out about it. And we'd get introduced to Aeron and Victarion. So the ironborn subplot in season 4 could end at the Kingsmoot, then in season 5 we'd get Asha's flight from the iron isles, the taking of the shield islands, and some of Victarion's voyage to Meereen.

Archived