When did Stannis Baratheon become your favourite character?

TheFlayedMan

Since I watched season 2 before reading all of the books, the moment that made me love Stannis was after half his fleet gets nuked by wildfire, and Stannis just ignores this and says, "prepare to land." A soldier starts complaining, saying, "their wildfire, their archers... hundreds will die." And Stannis just shrugs and says, "thousands."

The badass scale just broke for me when he said that. Also when he just looks at his soldiers and shouts, "come with me and take this city!"

Like he just will not accept any other result.

"When did Stannis Baratheon become your favourite character?"

He hasn't, nor will he ever.

He's the biggest, most hypocritical pompous arse in the story!

Goes around saying how noble and just he is, branding Renly, the Starks, the Greyjoys and everyone who followed them as traitors, when just 16 years beforehand his own house were the traitors and usurpers.

He also says what he does is almost holy, yet he is forsaking the seven gods for R'hollor and whatever Mel has between her legs.

Not my favorite character, though he is certainly in my top 10 if not top 5. I would say I really began to like him when he appointed Davos as Hand. However, his arrival at the wall was when he really became one of my favorites. I guess it helps that he is fighting on the same side as Jon and against the Boltons/Freys.

"I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne."

Awesome line.

I just realised I was finding him funnier and more likeable as the series went on, it meant leaving a lot of my pre-concieved notions about the Starks being the heros behind, whch was difficult since we are manipulated into feeling this way, but once I did he shot straight up to my favourite character. I knew he had risen to that point when Jon got the letter and read "your false King is dead, bastard." and I actually shouted "Ah! FUCK YOU!"

Have you read A song of ice and fire, you know the novels by grrm? You can buy them here in e book form or you can get a physical copy if thats your thing. http://www.amazon.com/Song-Ice-Fire-Vols-Thrones/dp/0345529057

OH hold up! stannis thats right the guy with the cult following who isnt even a pov almost forgot lol! Great one liners that Stannis gotta love him.

OH hold up! stannis thats right the guy with the cult following who isnt even a pov almost forgot lol! Great one liners that Stannis gotta love him.

Oh so you do know him? Just making sure man, you never know, so many people have just read the wikis or seen the show. And I could see missing who he is in that case.

Oh so you do know him? Just making sure man, you never know, so many people have just read the wikis or seen the show. And I could see missing who he is in that case.

I love his fan devotion. Its pretty awesome Stannis is entertaining. All the kingsmen. Cant wait to see what will happen next.

I think I know the actual moment, now. Its when all those douchebags are in Winterfell going "lol, Stannis, he's out in the snow, and we outnumber him..." and then the horns go off, and everyones like "oh fuck, Stannis!"

What a total badass.

Archived