Mafia Mini Game 88.5: Game has Started

House Dondarrion

Null.

I'd say only player who actually tried to contribute up to date is

Falwell, who looks like a pretty innocent newb. I won't give a damn for every others' contribution, myself included.

:shocked:

Can you please point out Falwell's contribution to me, please? I seem to have missed it amidst all his other quality posts.

sorr yguyz tralala im so new wut arew e playin again? :|

Despite how much Grafton's posting style is annoying me, your post made me do a serious double take Bettley

And, actually, voting without giving any reasoning is is a modern MafiaScum-imported fashion. I totally hate it, but truely can't take it as scum read, after some cute pie did it as innocent in a bunch of games.

Too bad.

I don't care how cute they are, they can leave that at mafiascum. If someone votes, I want a reason for it.

His vote on Umber looks like as a honest try.

Very weak from exprienced PoV, yes, but totally in character for complete but sincere nub.

Umm...disregarding the sincere nub part... is Falwell the only player you feel has given an honest try in the game?

Despite how much Grafton's posting style is annoying me, your post made me do a serious double take Bettley

And. actually, Sattcliff, what exaclty are you accusing me of? Am I trying to defend my newbie parther for no reason at all? Or am I sucking up to an innocent newbie just to look better in his eyes?

Your disliking Grafton is hardly consistent with not giving any explanation why you chose to vote me.

Hate it. I mean, it was tolerable during the RP joke voting period, but we're not there anymore. And yes, I used the word "contributions" loosely. They don't offer any reasoning or thought process behind them, which makes it difficult to judge both him and the seriousness of the vote. Also some of you may be able to figure connections based solely on voting patterns but not me.

I had been waiting for someone particularly fishy to come along to move my vote, but it's staying for now. Until he bothers to make an effort to elucidate us on his thoughts.

I agree that it's annoying as hell. But I don't think it indicates alignment.

Agreed. I does not mean evil or innocnet.

I love that a lot of new players have come here, but there are certainly different styles. One of the basics here is that real votes get justified. It tells a lot about the person, and about the reactions to the vote. It is not votes themselves, that get the reactions, but the reasons for the votes (most of the time).

A vote with nothing to back it up does nothing.

Just don't be evil when you flip, or I'll be looking rather bad :P

Not in the least. But lynching too many innocents is never a god thing.

But in the scenario you gave, Salty was evil, not innocent.

I know that you're claiming to be innocent and saying it would be bad to lynch you. But how does lynching "evil Salty" + "innocent Heather" equal "too many innocents"?

You're right, I'm stopping short of calling it a scum tell but there definitely needs to be more pressure to not let that slide by.

And. actually, Sattcliff, what exaclty are you accusing me of? Am I trying to defend my newbie parther for no reason at all? Or am I sucking up to an innocent newbie just to look better in his eyes?

Your disliking Grafton is hardly consistent with not giving any explanation why you chose to vote me.

Okay...new meta rules are making this tricky. How to put this...I can see now that you probably haven't much experience here. As for Falwell's experience... :bang:

One of the basics here is that real votes get justified. It tells a lot about the person, and about the reactions to the vote. It is not votes themselves, that get the reactions, but the reasons for the votes (most of the time).

A vote with nothing to back it up does nothing.

Yeah, I agree. It looks pretty selfish to me. Only reason to act like that is if your first concern is staying consistent and unreadable in your playstyle, so that it's harder for people to evaluate you.

But in the scenario you gave, Salty was evil, not innocent.

I know that you're claiming to be innocent and saying it would be bad to lynch you. But how does lynching "evil Salty" + "innocent Heather" equal "too many innocents"?

I never said Salty was evil. You are misunderstanding me. It looked as if I had defended him (I was just responding to a question). What I was saying was if he is evil, it would make me look bad. ftr, I don't think he is.

I never said Salty was evil. You are misunderstanding me. It looked as if I had defended him (I was just responding to a question). What I was saying was if he is evil, it would make me look bad. ftr, I don't think he is.

Uh....that's exactly what I said.

In the scenario you gave, Salty was evil. And you're obviously claiming to be innocent.

So if we lynched him and then lynched you for looking bad, and if he was evil and you were innocent, then how is that "lynching too many innocents"?

I can see now that you probably haven't much experience here.

Making me to burst laughing and scaring a cat isn't a best way to answer a question.

Still, can you explain in an understandable way why you have voted me? I don't think I am only player who is wondering.

Making me to burst laughing and scaring a cat isn't a best way to answer a question.

Still, can you explain in an understandable way why you have voted me? I don't think I am only player who is wondering.

I did not say that to try to intimidate you in any way. My apologies if it came off like that at all.

I voted you because I was not convinced, based on Falwell's posts, that a) he's as brand spanking new as he claims to be, and B) he has made much of an effort at all. Clearly, we disagree sharply in those regards. At the time, I could not understand why you would have such a high opinion of him and wanted to see if you two had some sort of connection.

It now appears that I was wrong about your reasoning and this inquiry is going nowhere.

I just hope you haven't fooled me as much as other may or may not have fooled you.

And,

Falwell, before you ask: that's why going for an easy target is considered a scum tell here. Because going for a hard target without good reason often ends with you being in a mess, and most killers, though not all, tend to know this.

I voted you because I was not convinced, based on Falwell's posts, that a) he's as brand spanking new as he claims to be,

Er? You doubted him being spanking new? Why?

It now appears that I was wrong about your reasoning and this inquiry is going nowhere.

If you are so agreeable to step back, why aren't you voting for somebody else?

Archived