The name of the "Great Other" . .. (SPOILER)

ServantOnIce

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Stannis is the great Other. if my memory serves, the conversation was between some men of the NW wherein one man says "no not Joffrey, the other king (referring to Stannis)." I think this is proo enough that Stannis is king of the Others.

Btw, does anyone else pronounce Rhollor like that baby from the Cleveland show?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Stannis is the great Other. if my memory serves, the conversation was between some men of the NW wherein one man says "no not Joffrey, the other king (referring to Stannis)." I think this is proo enough that Stannis is king of the Others.

Btw, does anyone else pronounce Rhollor like that baby from the Cleveland show?

Rylow?

Anywho, I do believe Hodor is actually Rhaegar Targaryen in disguise who is actually Rhllor in disguise who was actually the Great Other from the start of creation in disguise. It makes sense if you think about it.

Patchface is the Great Other.

It is known. :smoking:

I'm starting to wonder if Martin's going to pull a Tad Williams on us and a greenseer of the children of the Forest created the others to get revenge on mankind. He uses the Others the way Nuada wanted to use the Golden Army to destroy man.

I don't see how we could know his/her name. I just think of the "great other" as Nuada Storm King till Martin tells us the name.

Hey Patchface, are you trying to create diversion or what?

Great Other is the winter/cold itself. Patchface has nothing to do with it, nor does Hodor. I do not know what Brandon saw "in the heart of winter", though, but I do not think it was anything real, more like an allegory or a sign or something.

Rylow?

Anywho, I do believe Hodor is actually Rhaegar Targaryen in disguise who is actually Rhllor in disguise who was actually the Great Other from the start of creation in disguise. It makes sense if you think about it.

You left Syrio Forel out. Every crackpot needs either Syrio Forel or Jaqen H'ghar or both in them, lest they do not make any sense. It is known.

If its anyone, it would be unCat or Bran. I don't think the great other will make an appearance per say, but "it" will at least have someone useful to manipulate.

I think it may be possible that unCat will face off against Azor Ahai (which I believe is Jon Snow, but could be Daenerys yet with three dragons, she would waste to uncat).

Rolling with the theory though, it's quite odd that Hodor does nothing but carry Bran around. I guess they could have gotten a donkey for that. Hodor must have another purpose, I guess..

because using a mentally challenged half-slave is more interesting to read about than a simple donkey.

Hey Patchface, are you trying to create diversion or what?

I'd say something funny/weird, but this thread has already been trolled to death.

OP, seriously, how can we know the name of a character Martin's never introduced or confirmed to even exist in the first place?

opps, also wanted to add that maybe Hodor isn't so simple after all. He had the sense to change his name before he was linked to vilest old man in the Seven Kingdoms.

I predict the name Walder will quickly fall out of fashion, thought it seems as thought it already has, like Judus, Adolf or Benedict

• 8 months later...

Archived