[Book spoilers] More screen time for Balon Greyjoy?

Lord Varys

I never liked this guy, but he is really, really well portrayed in the series. I actually do hope they will expand his role a little bit. Perhaps they could show us his reaction when he hears that Theon has captured Winterfell (showing him being honestly proud about his last living son), and then, perhaps in season 3 or in the last episode of season 2, his reaction when he learns about Theon's death...?

I agree. Balon is much more interesting on the show. I would really like to see more of him, than we get in the books. I think they will have some added Balon scenes in the show. Shortly after Theon's siege of Winterfell would be a great time for some added Balon scenes.

His off-screen death was pretty sad. I'd love to see that expanded.

They could even tweak it -- what if Balon goes to see the newly-arrived Euron, orders him to get the hell out, and then suffers his "totally accidental" fall from the bridge during that scene? You know, with a couple of shots of a creepy-looking guy underneath it.

TV!Balon is amazing; I'd love to see his demise done justice.

If they were to show it, would it be this season or next?

I'd say the fourth (the latter half of Storm) would be a good time to fit it in. It would send Balon off with a bang and introduce Euron in one fell swoop, without leaving Patrick Malahide with nothing to do for two whole seasons or more.

Archived