George RR Martin on Land of always winter....

himalyanjon

Realistically, it is going to have to be Bran through the weirwoods. It's too far away for anyone to go there by foot (unless they don't return). Another possibility could be a dragonrider. Though I don't know about that. That might happen in book 7, when the dragonrider(s) have fought back the invasion and then go on the offensive, striking the Others in their homeland.

It could possibly be Benjen. But GRRM has said there won't be any new POV's. Unless he is a prologue/epilogue. But I sincerely hope Benjen is not one of those since they all die. I am in the camp that Benjen's role is not done (personal crackpot: Benjen is the hooded man in Winterfell)

• 2 months later...

In addition, Simek points to an Old Norse parallel in the figure of Örvar-Oddr, "who is rejuvenated after living as a tree-man. Bran may indeed be rejuvenated. Go to wikipedia and look up RAGNAROK. wow what parallels. Even talking about when the Gods die, it sets off volcanic eruptions. DOOM, ANYONE?

• 2 weeks later...

In addition, Simek points to an Old Norse parallel in the figure of Örvar-Oddr, "who is rejuvenated after living as a tree-man. Bran may indeed be rejuvenated. Go to wikipedia and look up RAGNAROK. wow what parallels. Even talking about when the Gods die, it sets off volcanic eruptions. DOOM, ANYONE?

I suppored jon early on to go there but recenly I'm more inclined to melisandre why else was her pov added.

I think Dany will be the POV in the land of always Winter. I think that the passage that people in Essos say is haunted is the land of always Winter. I think there is a way to travel to Westeros without having to cross the Narrow Sea and the land of always Winter is it. Also, it could be an opportunity for her to run into Benjen, Who could inform her of her possible nephew Jon.

I think Dany will be the POV in the land of always Winter. I think that the passage that people in Essos say is haunted is the land of always Winter. I think there is a way to travel to Westeros without having to cross the Narrow Sea and the land of always Winter is it. Also, it could be an opportunity for her to run into Benjen, Who could inform her of her possible nephew Jon.

to go east you must go west

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived