Your King

Golden&Crimson

Daenerys, easily. She's inexperienced but, despite all of the ridiculous flack she gets on these forums, smart (a hell of a lot smarter than I or anyone I know or really likely anyone on these forums was at that age). She's shown a lot more talent so far as a wartime leader than a peacetime leader, but in her defense, the "peacetime" scenario was basically a messy occupation quagmire that reminds me of the US in Iraq. Most importantly, she wants to do the right thing, even if what that is isn't always clear.

Stannis as he is now is a madman and would ruin the realm. He's basically a pawn of Melisandre who, in turn, likes fun things like human sacrifice and black magic. At his best he was an uncompromising legalist who might have made a good master of laws ... only. At this point, he's flirting with "Lord of Darkness" territory.

Tommen is a dumb kid who likes cats, as noted.

Euron is ironborn. That's almost reason enough to want him wiped from existence, not on the Iron Throne. Worse, he's a particularly nasty example of ironborn, which is a little like being a particularly nasty supermax inmate. I'd favor a sewer rat on the thone over Euron.

Stannis is the most experienced and able in terms of running the realm, but he is impractical to a degree and his habit of burning people as sacrifices is a real detractor.

If I were to choose myself, it would be Jon as King; he is cunning like Euron, compassionate like Dany, and has a good sense of justice like Stannis and above all, practical. The North would support him due to his Stark and blood and was raised by Ned Stark. The Targ supporters would support him obviously because of his parentage that makes him the true heir to the Iron Throne. As for the Ironborn, dragons and support from Asha and the Reader would be enough to keep them in line.

Stannis of course.

I don't think Euron even wants that kind of power, he's the type who just wants to watch the world burn, tommen is underage and too impressionable, and Dany honestly just walks into mess after mess, even with solid council always whispered in her ear, incompetent.

Stannis of course.

I don't think Euron even wants that kind of power, he's the type who just wants to watch the world burn, tommen is underage and too impressionable, and Dany honestly just walks into mess after mess, even with solid council always whispered in her ear, incompetent.

Yeah, she totally didn't swiftly assimilate into a foreign culture, with nothing but an upbringing that basically amounted to being groomed to be sold as a commodity to guide her, learning their language and customs to fluency while finding ways to influence them. She didn't then go on to stage the rebirth of dragons in the world using nothing but a clue granted by an offhand remark and sheer guts. After that she definitely didn't win three major military victories and assemble an army starting from basically nothing. All she's done is have trouble in Mereen, and nothing else she ever did counts.

And Stannis is totally infallible and never was a kinslayer and tool of a witch who engages in ritualistic human sacrifice and summons shadow assassins before he got his ass handed to him magnificently in his only real battle ever shown and sent packing north to the Wall, where he then proceeded to initiate a march that was a disaster, ending with his apparent "off-screen" death.

Of that i would go with Stannis. He is rigid but bends the rules when necessary, that is why he is better than Eddard. Stannis does what it takes, works with pirates, a witch etc to get things done

Tommen would be a puppet

Dany has not even set foot in Westeros and has no idea what she is doing

Euron is a piece of crap even by Iron standards

I'd like Stannis to be king. He's my favorite character, and he's the rightful heir. Sure he uses intimidation to get respect out of his men, but doesn't everyone do it in their own way? Any one of these kings would execute people for cannibalism or rape. Stannis just decided to burn them instead of decapitate or geld them. He's not doing that because he believes in R'hllor, he does it to please the " Queen's Men " . I actually think Stannis is an atheist. He had no problems burning The Seven on Dragonstone, and now he seems to be turning away from R'hllor to the Old Gods. He does it to gain support.

I like Tommen, he's a sweet boy, but he's not ready for ruling. Cersei was a terrible regent / mentor and now that Kevan is gone, there isn't anyone else to guide him. Mace Tyrell is just going to use him and manipulate him for his gain.

Euron is a crazy SOB. But he's really entertaining. He'd be a good King of the Isles, but that's about it. He knows how to deal with the Ironborn, but the rest of Westeros is very different. The only thing he can do if he gets the dragons is loot, rape and pillage. It's enough for him though...

Daenerys is demented. She's probably the craziest of the bunch. She's turning into Viserys / Aerys. I hope she stays in Slaver's Bay and rule Mereen for the rest of her life. Westeros doesn't need another pretender.

Stannis is too harsh and doesn't even consider compromise- and I believe that compromising is the main thing that a ruler must do.

Dany has a gentle heart, but she takes only bad decision and is an utterly incompetent ruler. She might mature, though. So... meh.

Euron: He's... I can't even... just no.

Tommen: he's a sweet good natured boy, and if he gets rid of his evil mother could actually become a good king, in time of peace.

I actually thought that Renly would have been the best for the realm.

I’d like Aegon & Margaery on the Throne, riding around, looking pretty, waving regally and generally turning up at rebuilding projects shaking people’s hands and saying things like “what is it that you do?...Really? That is interesting”…etc, etc.

And a Small Council made up of the most sensible sorts from all 7 kingdoms, sorting out the mess the various kings have made.

Not going to happen though…Others, Dragons, Promised Princes, triumphant Parades and Dany on the Throne.

The Freys delivered the realm to darkness and ice. None of the pretenders are fit to rule at the moment. Stannis would need a second epiphany (not bloody likely) and Daenerys' dragons are likely to mess things up in the end, she needs to hold both them and herself on a tighter leash. Euron should drown for all I care and Tommen's a Lannister, though their foul elements are almost purged I'm not sure of him, but Margaery might at least make a good queen.

Stannis is too harsh and doesn't even consider compromise- and I believe that compromising is the main thing that a ruler must do.

Stannis doesn't accept compromise? Uh... did you read ACoK? Did you read ADwD? Stannis realises that he has to compromise on his unflinching sense of justice. He doesn't like it, but pardoning Renly's bannermen and allowing the Wildlings territory south of the Wall, even when they're seen as savages by everyone else in the Seven Kingdoms, proves he can compromise when necessary.

• Daenerys the realm needs a Targaryen again.
  • Stannis is just a puppet of Melisandre, who would really be ruling the kingdom.
  • Euron is crazy and the iron born cant rule over the other kingdoms their to different. The seven kingdoms are maintained by the Gold price not the Iron.
  • Tommen is a child and is controlled by the regent and enjoys signing parchment too much, too young to understand what he is doing. maybe given a chance to mature his kind heart nature would be beneficial to the realm.

Archived