[Book spoilers] Euron possibly in Qarth?

When Jorah was talking to Qaithe, could it be we saw Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy lying there? It would make sense since he went to the ruins of Valyria. It would also explain how he knew about the dragons and Dany. What do you guys think about this? Is it truly him?

Very interesting theory! It would fit in nicely with the show's timeline. At this point though, we do not even know how D&D are going to handle Theon's uncles. They have not been mentioned in any of the episodes as far as I can tell. It would be quite a lengthy reference considering we will not be introduced to him until next year at the earliest. Still, we can dream!

Very interesting theory! It would fit in nicely with the show's timeline. At this point though, we do not even know how D&D are going to handle Theon's uncles. They have not been mentioned in any of the episodes as far as I can tell. It would be quite a lengthy reference considering we will not be introduced to him until next year at the earliest. Still, we can dream!

Can't believe I can recall so much from the show. But Tyrion does mention Theon's uncles in that insulting chat he has with him at Winterfell on his way back from the wall. (Episode 4 S1 I believe). Something about his uncles burning the fleet in Lannisport...

He'd fit in with the other boring characters there! [/halfjoking]

I don't really see why he would be - it's something the tv show is unlikely to be foreshadowing this early? It'd be kind of cool, and I don't see why it'd be impossible. I don't actually remember the scene though so I guess 'eh, maybe but unlikely' would be my take.

I recorded it last night, so I checked it just there. I paused on the bit where it shows you the man, I can't see an eyepatch, just (rather shiny and clean looking) black hair. As far as I can tell the tattoos don't seem to mean anything either, just 'mystic' looking lines and symbols :)

I like the idea that it could be Euron, maybe it's just a nod to book readers so we can go "Ah it might be Euron" and it leaves them free to cast him later as it doesn't show his face :)

Euron does show up at Pyke with casks of Shade of the evening that he took from a boat leaving Qarth. There are 4 warlocks that he talks to and he kills one that threatens him. He doesn't say what they told him, it may have been about Daenerys because he then tells Victorian to sail to Slaver's Bay and bring her back.

So if he does make an initial appearance before the kings moot it would probably be him killing Pree next season.

Archived