Arya's whereabouts and actions in the forthcoming novels

mtomim

Ok, so since aSoS we haven't had much development. Maybe between aFfC and aDwD we've had five Arya chapters maximum (I don't have the books with me). What will she do in tWoW? Will she stay in Braavos and kick ass till the end of the series? Will she come back to Westeros and say "Hey wassup I'm Arya Stark, give me Winterfell"? Will she go east just like Tyrion did?

What do you reckon?

Arya will have to return to Westeros. I would be severely disappointed if she didn't and just carried on living as a faceless man (faceless woman??) over the narrow sea. She will have a role to play in Westeros but I don't think she will come back and stay as Arya.

I think the obvious thing to happen is for her to return with Justin Massey or at least leave Braavos with him in some capacity. Then again I bet we all thought she would leave with Sam and that never happened!

My bet is that the end of the whole series will involve her killing Ramsey, Cersei, a Frey or some other horrible hated character that thinks they've got off scot free.

I think she will be sent to Westeros as one of the Faceless Men to kill someone, someone important. Maybe Littlefinger (but I hope Sansa will kill him, that would be bad-ass). or one of the Boltons. Or, maybe someone who was close to her before everything went wrong, so that she refuses. I really don't know. What I do know is that she will be back in Westeros. What is the point of having her in the Free Cities until the end anyway?

That wouldn't make any sense in relation to the story. Unless someone of Westeros comes to Braavos, that is.

i don't understand where Martin is going with Arya. I feel bad for her but I'm just glad she's still alive. I'm afraid he's turning her into some sort of killer zombie....

I guess its his way of granting her wish of being a fighter of some sorts. She was never going to get to be a knight or fighter like Brienne at her age. She never wanted to be a lady and couldn't remain a captive or on the run weasel for the rest of the series. I admit her story at Braavos has been a little strange and it's hard to gauge where it's going but I think the reason behind it all is for her to fulfil her dreams of being a warrior of some sort.

She might be sent to kill Daenerys, but end up allying with her to exact vengeance on their common enemies.

That or she's sent to kill Jeyne Westerling if she's indeed pregnant with Robb's child (I can see anyone from Cersei, Varys, or LF hiring an FM for this). Arya hasn't seen Jeyne, and will probably go with the plan till she realizes she is Robb's wife and will have a change of heart. Plus this might take her through the Riverlands, and bring about the much awaited re-union with Nymeria.

A slight sub plot to her whereabouts and actions, but do you think she will ever meet up with Nymeria and her wolf pack, whilst she was still in westeros I always hoped in the next chapter she would reunit and have a large pack of wolves plus Nymeria to watch her back at all times and I hope thats still the case.

I think the FM are keeping Arya close ( without making her a captive) with training and missions until they decided what move they were going to make in the Westeros Game of Thrones.

Jaqen knew who Arya was and with the Wars, her value in the North and Westeros. He tried to get her to join him but she was determined to reach her family so he gives her a coin and tells her that this "magic" coin will take her across the Narrow Sea to Bravosi, where she can find people who will help her.

If you remember, at first, Arya did not like the Temple of the Many Faced God, it was dark inside but it did not feel safe (like the Crypts under Winterfell or the lair of BloodRaven) and Arya drew her sword. It wasn't until the smells became familiar and reminded her of Winterfell that she relaxed and the Kindy Man makes his appearance.

Why did the smells from the candles become the smells of Winterfell and home? I think Jaquen gave them a heads up and they were waiting for her to turn up.

I know, I know. The Kindy Man tried to scare her away with his "scary face" but this is not an ordinary little girl, as Jaqen could have told them, this is Arya of Winterfell, she has killed and seen battle and its aftermath first hand, she doesn't scare easy so again, I think they were waiting for her and were more than ready to give her a chance.

Think about it. It's the perfect way to gain control over her, by making her think they don't want her and she has to work very hard to "earn" her place. If they had clapped her in chains, she would turn her hatred on them and be continually plotting an escape and probably having to be smacked around, not a good way to get her to do what you want later, like declare the North for Stannis.

I believe the FM and the Iron Bank are related, that the Iron Bank grew from the Faceless Men so doesn't that make a little more sense now, that they would send someone all the way to the Wall to track Stannis down to offer him money and support for his ( nearly lost cause) claim to the Iron Throne.

They have Arya and through her claim can assure the North will support their candidate for the Iron Throne. That makes more sense to me as their reason for backing Stannis.

A slight sub plot to her whereabouts and actions, but do you think she will ever meet up with Nymeria and her wolf pack, whilst she was still in westeros I always hoped in the next chapter she would reunit and have a large pack of wolves plus Nymeria to watch her back at all times and I hope thats still the case.

I too have been waiting for her and Nymeria to reunite. I think everyone has, which worries me. GRRMs not really into happyendings.

I too have been waiting for her and Nymeria to reunite. I think everyone has, which worries me. GRRMs not really into happyendings.

Thats why really worries. I love the books but I'm terrified that every single Stark will die by the end of it. And what I really want is for the remaining brothers and sisters to at least reunite one more time? I mean Martin can't really be that mean as to never have these kids see each other again?

All I ask is for one Jon/Arya scene and even better a Sansa/Arya/Bran/Rickon/Jon scene. He's already mutilated Lady Catelyn, killed off Robb, murdered poor Lady and Grey Wind.....how much more is this writer gonna inflict on this poor family?

Faceless man can kill only people they don't know their names. Target no.1 is obviously Danny (and/or her dragons), since:

a) It is one of main characters

B) A lot of people across the world have a reason to kill her

c) Arya-assasin plot is pointless if far main target is supposed to be minor character

d) characters with highest numbers of POVs are Jon, Tyrion, Arya and Deanny - and only Deanny is person Arya don't know

e) Faceless man seekeing methods of killing dragons to finish contract are simpliest explanation of Citadel infiltration

What I really wonder is will she go back to Westeros undercover and stay that way OR go there and reunite with Sansa or someone loyal to the Starks (will she go to Skagos? hm....) and there reveal her identity as Arya of House Stark, heir to Winterfell (because everyone knows Sansa's disappeared somewhere, but they don't know she's with LF.)

I honestly think GRRM has fucked up (excuse my language) Arya's plot.

Believe in GRRM! He would never screw up Arya, cmon now.

Personally i think once the bravossi banker returns with the stannis agreement to pay the crowns debts the bank will hire the facemen men and send them to Westeros to terminate whoever is on the iron throne to help stannis gain control of it. Arya would be one of the ones picked obviously.

Archived