[Book Spoilers] "Three Blasts"

Couldn't help but notice that the final song on the Season 2 OST is named "Three Blasts"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GDvjyfPFc

An assault on The Fist of the First Men by a horde of white walkers (who have been all but absent this season, minus one sighting early on) would be a horrifying cliff-hanger to end on. Surely this is how the season will end?

My bad. Not sure why it was approved if that is the case :P

Edit: To make it a little different from the other two, let me ask; what did everyone think of this song? Kinda like the track "What is Dead May Never Die", it gave me chills the first time I heard it.

Well, sadly for me, none of the music composed for the series work when I listen them separatly from the video material... something's always missing...

Well, sadly for me, none of the music composed for the series work when I listen them separatly from the video material... something's always missing...

I’ve noticed the same thing, something that is certainly not true for Howard Shore’s music that he composed for the Lord of the Rings movies.

Well it is different... cause Howard Shore went for something bombastic... it is nice to hear but souless by moments... it is damn damn hard to do epic music that have a soul... so far, I can name you only bands like Rhapsody (despite cheesy lyrics) or Hammerfall, or, of course Blind Guardian who achieve that.

But the GoT music is much more introspective, yet I dont find any memorable moments in it.. it works damn well in the show but it is too much linked to the show to be taken separatly.

Well it is different... cause Howard Shore went for something bombastic... it is nice to hear but souless by moments... it is damn damn hard to do epic music that have a soul... so far, I can name you only bands like Rhapsody (despite cheesy lyrics) or Hammerfall, or, of course Blind Guardian who achieve that.

But the GoT music is much more introspective, yet I dont find any memorable moments in it.. it works damn well in the show but it is too much linked to the show to be taken separatly.

You think so? Sure, things like

and “The Lighting of the Beacons” are certainly supposed to be splendid, but there are lots of quiet or just peppy/catchy songs in the Lord of the Rings movies that aren’t at all bombastic. You can’t call the peppy “Concerning Hobbits” bombastic, right? And
is foreign, haunting. There are many examples of things like that. The songs are especially poignant at times, like

I absolutely love the music from Lord of the Rings. I still listen to it all the time, and especially love to listen to it when I am studying. It is absolutely amazing, especially "The Breaking of the Fellowship" and the " The Bridge of Khazad Dum", among many others. Howard Shore is brilliant!

I do love the theme for Game of Thrones and many other songs from it, but the only one I really listen to outside of the show is the opening theme.

I loved the season 1 OST, and listen to it all the time. The music from season 2 has been great as well, and i'm definitely liking what i've heard so far of the soundtrack. Also really enjoy "what is dead may never die". "warrior of light" is my other favourite.

Couldn't help but notice that the final song on the Season 2 OST is named "Three Blasts"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K9GDvjyfPFc

An assault on The Fist of the First Men by a horde of white walkers (who have been all but absent this season, minus one sighting early on) would be a horrifying cliff-hanger to end on. Surely this is how the season will end?

I predicted this cliffhanger ending as soon as I read the Book 3 Prologue not long after Season 1 ended. It's just too good not to end the season like that.

Hah yeah, I thought the music was perfect for the scene. Kinda synced up with the lumbering, laboured march of the dead horde.

Have to agree with the LotR music love. Great to listen to on it's own. I always liked 'The Riders of Rohan' from TTT. In fact, if I'm ever playing a game or something where there's a ton of horses charging across a plain it comes to mind :P

I do think Ramin Djawadi has done a solid job in his tenure on the show though.

Archived