Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

• So any questions, let er rip because I have the sheet done. This is after 177 posts (proodle's list). Jon Snow now passed Tyrion for 3rd place.

Arya 202 Jamie 163 Jon Snow 162 Tyrion 154 Stannis 87 Davos 74 Sansa 73 Dany 50 Sandor 42 LF 42 Theon 37 Bran 32 Brienne 28 Tywin 27 Ned 27 Oberyn 26 Catelyn 20 Varys 20 Cersei 20 Barristan 18 Victarian 16 Roose 15 Robb Stark 13 Blackfish 12

Favorite 4?:

1.) Stannis m-fing Baratheon---the episode Blackwater only made him cooler. It actually made tactical sense too. His primary thrust was destroyed by Tyrion, his men were badly dispirited, and they needed a little Royal Baratheon badassery to keep them from bolting back to the Stormlands. Think of Caesar charging into action at the critical moment of the Siege of Alesia. It also made Joffrey's running like a little bitch all the more satisfying (and aggravating) a contrast. The better man lost, and Stannis is forced to swallow one more bitter pill in a lifetime of them. But Stannis being the true warrior he is swallows his medicine, listens to the sage council of Davos, and goes to save the Seven Kingdoms from the threat they don't even know is brewing.

2.) Ned Stark----The man's dead and still a favorite character. It takes a powerful character to cast so long a shadow. Even his enemies speak of him with respect.

3.) Jaime Lannister----Can't think of another man I hated, then respected and eventually loved. I hope his reunion with Catelyn Stark (the woman whose life he helped destroy) is every bit as epic and moving as I envision---and wonder if he'll survive it. I also think he's probably the Valonqar :)

4.) Sansa--- Lovely, strong and getting smart. She's another character that grew on me in a big way.

1. Jamie Lannister. "Sapphires!" I already admired Jamie from his scene with Catelyn at the end of AcoK, but this moment made me realize that he had unseen layers. And it only got better.

2. Brienne. "I promised" What's not to love about Brienne? She's got a strong body, but she is one of the most insecure and fragile characters in the series.

3. Sansa. "Or maybe he'll give me yours". In a way, she's just the opposite of Brienne. She's grown into a beautiful young woman, and everyone admires her for her looks but seems to think that she's not very smart. Her experiences have deeply changed her, and I strongly believe that in the end she'll be one of the few standing, and she'll hold a lot of power.

4. Davos. I can't recall a significant quote from him, but he's just too good. Maybe the best, most honourable man in Westeros.

Special mention to the Hound, who's an amazing character. His relationship with Sansa, and later the one with Arya, are some of the best parts in all the books.

1. Sansa - her character development through the series is one of the most well-written. I'm excited to see what she gets up to in the Vale (I don't think she'll marry Harry though) and am waiting for her to become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms at the end (Hey there's a good chance it'll happen!)

2. Jaime - like with Sansa, I love his development through the series, and how he's finally starting to take some responsibility for his actions.

3. Brienne - She's one of the few real knights we've seen in the series, yet she's ridiculed by everyone at every turn. I love her budding relationship with Jaime, and I feel that she's responsible for much of his development.

4. Bran - I know his chapters are pretty boring most of the time, but I really like his personality and the type of person he is. He's probably the sweetest Stark there is, and I really really hope he doesn't have to end up as a tree.

Archived