Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

i LOVE Arya, she is the perfect character. And Maisie is one of the best actresses on TV. She goes through the roughest journey, constantly evolving and learning more about who she is. I hope she is alive at the end of the series, but i'm scared she may be a tragic heroine. Oh, and Ghost is just like me. Loyal, and unruly.

She is kind of losing her identity, what with the FM training, and with all the 'journey' in the Riverlands before that...

Faves of mine:

1.Edmure: Seriously, this guy deserves a break. He has a bad luck curse or something.

First battle you're in, involves the Kingslayer on the other side? Check

Captured'n all? Check

Agonising father in the worst moment possible, when you need his experience and support? Check

Your lands are devastated, your people massacred, and you can't do anything about it? Check - and it is to Edmure's credit that he actually gives a fuck about it.

Makes an awesome plan which involves Roose Bolton (which is awesome in and of himself), beats Tywin in the field with minimal loses for his own army, only it turns out that he shouldn't have intervened (in hindsight FFS), and gets scolded for it? Check - seriously, Edmure's plan was brilliant. His only mistake was not sending a reliable outrider or someone to tell Robb to come back East inmediately. They could have destroyed the blonde, bald, old bastard once and for all with the Rivermen, Bolton's foot, and Robb's horse.

Goes wenching and can't get it up? Check - floppy fish, heh.

Trouble with in-laws? Check - and how!

Prisoner again? Check

And yet, he comes off as a gentle, courageous, smart young man.

2. Davos. When you save the most badass person in Westeros from starvation with onions, having sailed past a blockade, in the stormy coasts of the Stormlands - you're badass yourself. And then he goes off and survives the fuckin' Blackwater, because he's not done being a badass.

3. Catelyn. A smart, attractive and caring woman who is politically savy, with a story that dissolves in awful gut-wrenching tragedy... What's not to like?

4. Sansa - my poor gentle princess! Easily my favourite character of any book I've ever read :D

You show them, little bird!

Honourable mentions to:

Robb Stark (the Young Wolf is a very awesome title)

Dacey Mormont (sexy kicker of asses)

Stan the Man

Garlan Tyrell (Ser Garlan the Gallant - such naming exudes awesome)

The Red Viper. Nuff' said

1. Catelyn Stark - Best mother in Westeros and Essos and Sothoryos. She always tried her best for her family and never mistreated anyone who didn't deserve it, and for that I love her. The Red Wedding was just heartbreaking for me.

2. Sansa Stark - Her story throughout all the books, for me, was the best. Her time in King's Landing as a royal captive were heartbreaking to read, but despite that, she still stayed 'good', saving Ser Dontos and hoping for her mother and brother. When she found out they'd died, my tears which I thought had all dried up after the Red Wedding came flooding back. I love how she's come from a plaything of Joffrey to become one of the biggest powers in the realm, about to avenge her family and finally topple the Lannisters and trample them into dust.

3. Arya Stark - Her story has been just as heartbreaking as Sansa's, but in quite different ways. Her time in the Riverlands I felt was a bit tedious, but her character transition of little girl trying to get to her mother to faceless, nameless assassin has been the most fascinating change in the series I think.

4. Robb Stark - Hottiee! :P

I have a thing for people who are underdogs and improperly rewarded for their deeds, and don't let it get them down, which is the reason for my entire top 4:

1) King Stannis - + funniness

2) Ser Davos - + admirable loyalty

3) Ser Barristan - + admirable loyalty and just... everything really;

4) Ser Jorah - for his tragic past and the shit he's been through.

She is kind of losing her identity, what with the FM training, and with all the 'journey' in the Riverlands before that...

Losing? She is the ONLY character, apart from Jon perhaps that is actually on a journey. She came to KL as a little girl, who wouldn't become a "Lady in Waiting", who started her sword fighting to actually have a level playing field with the males in the story. She watched her father beheaded, her sister bethroted to a maniac, her mother is on the country, and her brothers are scattered in around Westeros. She then has to fend for herself, knowing should she be outed as a female/stark/northmen she could be raped/beaten/murdered and constantly keeping 1 step ahead of the Lannisters. She finally escapes, before being "captured" by Dondarrion, then captured by The Hound, witnesses her fellow northmen butchered, her mother and brother dead while she is literally yards away from them. She is then on the run to Braavos, where she becomes a street urchin, turns blind, kills a NW man and assumes a "new face".

Sansa: Marries Tyrion, runs to The Vale.

She is "creating" an identity. When i was reading the books, i would always be anxious to read about Arya because she is the most emotive character, we know she is a warrior, a fighter, a survivor. With every other character (more or less), we can plot out their endgame, with Arya we cannot. We have no clue what she will do, why she will do it, how she will do it. Totally unpredictable and is truly learning the Game of Thrones. :cool4:

So.. being a hired assasin and killing people is The Game of Thrones?

Don't buy it, sorry.

Arya's awesome, though. Can't argue with that.

And yes, she's losing her identity. Cat in the Canals, Arry, Nan, Faceless Man (Gal? Woman?) ?

She's no longer entirely Arya, not anymore, just as much as Sansa is not entirely Sansa, but partly Alayne. Not to mention Sansa's storyline is a lot more complex than what you say :)

Lyanna rely pisses me off, she is a typical, beautiful, perfect, loving female who is white but she is in GRRM'S world where the characters are different colors. That is why i like her bro Brandon cos on the surface he seems just a bit hot headed but after Lady Dustin's description of him he seems more than just that.

If I had answered this for just the first book it would have been:

1. Jon

2. Arya

3. Tyrion

4. no one..

But as of now and including the amazing job the actors on the show have done:

1. Littlefinger!!

2. Arya

3. Jaqen H'gar

4. Jorah

Jon just sorta got real boring!

Oh... I really really can't say only 4...

So Top 4 POV characters:

1. Jaime

2. Tyrion

3. Arya

4. Sam

Top 4 non POV, but important characters:

1. Varys

2. Tywin Lannister

3. Doran Martell

4. Mance Rayder

Top 4 minor characters:

1. Dalla, Mance's wife