Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

Jon, Reek...Tossup between Brienne, Pod and Gendry, I suppose. Or maybe Arya. Or Tyrion? Sam? I can't decide! *head explodes*

Jon used to be there but the TV show lowered him for me :(

Oh, that's sad. I watched the show first, and really didn't care for show Jon. The reason I chose the quote in my signature is because it's the moment when I realized that book Jon was really cool.

Sticking to living POVs to make it easier, criteria being most sympathetic to me (given their situations, their capacity for learning, moral development, adaptability and overall growth) plus most interesting to read, as of ADWD:

1) Jon

2) Arya

3) Bran

4) Sansa

5) Davos

Davos edges Brienne because the latter still seems pretty rigid, but who knows how that will change after recent events.

Some people will give me hell for claiming that Arya exhibits positive moral development, but this thread isn't the place for that argument.

If I could add two more just based on "interesting to read" it would be Tyrion and Jaime.

Given their experiences, I wouldn't want to BE any of them, or really anyone in that screwed up world, though I have the most admiration for Jon.

But if I had to be instantly teleported into the body of someone as of the end of ADWD, I'd probably pick Arianne, the future ruler of Dorne (insufferably hot, but as far away from the Others as possible), and make sure to keep out of all of the realm's foolish wars and not do anything stupid like ally with "Aegon" to march on King's Landing.

EDIT: My mistake. I picked five rather than four. Oh well. The top four still stand.

I've posted them so many times but it never hurts to repeat the gesture.

1. Melisandre/Cersei (Cheating, I know, but I can never pick between the two.)

2. Jon 'Snow'

3. Daenerys Targaryen

I'll leave it at that because after Daenerys it becomes hard for me to pick between Theon, Asha or Arianne.

After book 1:

Benjen, Arya, Dany, Tyrion

After book 2:

Benjen, Arya, Tyrion, Sansa

Book 3 and after:

Benjen, Jon, Sansa, Arya

The Benjen mystery is the reason I continued to read the series when I thought it was becoming too sensational and gratuitously violent.

Archived