Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

so the way to find out secrets of the book is to get cast in the show? challenge accepted...i think i could pull off timeon for season 3...

Mya?

I mean, I've got the hair. Or lack therof.

I'll cut it shorter if I need to.

I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENSE JUST WRITE THE FREAKING BOOKS GRRM

If Aegon and Jon are brothers, then it could be a song of Ice (Jon, at the wall) and Aegon (and maybe Daenerys too, being the fire because of all the dragon stuff). What do you think? I myself think it makes sense.

You are half right. The fire is Dany, not Aegon. The book can not be about a character that is introduced at the latter third of the series, without having any kind of serious, heavy duty build-up from the beginning.

Jon and Dany, two teenagers, one orphan, other bastard, at the far end of world destined to rule Westoros..........may the best teen win!!

Hi gang. This is my first post here! :) I've read all the books and watched both seasons, and have been an early adopter of the R+L=J theory myself... however, reading the last book one thing kept echoing in my head: "The dragon has three heads." Does this have to mean 3 siblings? I like the Mance = Rhaegar theory!

Hi gang. This is my first post here! :) I've read all the books and watched both seasons, and have been an early adopter of the R+L=J theory myself... however, reading the last book one thing kept echoing in my head: "The dragon has three heads." Does this have to mean 3 siblings? I like the Mance = Rhaegar theory!

Martin actually said that one of the three need not be a Tarygaryen.

It was Rhaegar who interpreted it that way- but Rhaegar, like many other Taryaryens who've misread their dreams, or prophesies, could have been wrong.

Cryptic :ph34r:

I just can't believe Martin would tell one of the main secrets of his series to a random cast member like that. Alfie obviously should not be saying anything like that if he knows the truth, but this just goes to further the point that R+L=J. I pray to the gods Jon's father isn't Aerys that wouldn't even be a cool twist that would just be fucked up. I thought D&D were the only ones to know these kind of things, I guess Alfie got Martin really drunk.

I just can't believe Martin would tell one of the main secrets of his series to a random cast member like that. Alfie obviously should not be saying anything like that if he knows the truth, but this just goes to further the point that R+L=J. I pray to the gods Jon's father isn't Aerys that wouldn't even be a cool twist that would just be fucked up. I thought D&D were the only ones to know these kind of things, I guess Alfie got Martin really drunk.

No, it was a bet, and the stake was that he will answer one question to Alfie. I don't remember what the bet was, maybe sports or something, but Alfie won, and that was the question he asked - who are Jon's parents.

No, it was a bet, and the stake was that he will answer one question to Alfie. I don't remember what the bet was, maybe sports or something, but Alfie won, and that was the question he asked - who are Jon's parents.

Oh okay that makes more sense but geez, Martin sure does love to make bets.. I remember the character Ser Patrek's surcoat and arms were based off the Dallas Cowboys logo because he lost a sports bet, I wonder if this was a similar case. I know Martin loves the Giants and I lived in New Jersey until recently so they were "our'" team but they've had some ups and downs this season and maybe Alfie caught him at the right time. Good for him.

Oh okay that makes more sense but geez, Martin sure does love to make bets.. I remember the character Ser Patrek's surcoat and arms were based off the Dallas Cowboys logo because he lost a sports bet, I wonder if this was a similar case. I know Martin loves the Giants and I lived in New Jersey until recently so they were "our'" team but they've had some ups and downs this season and maybe Alfie caught him at the right time. Good for him.

Wasn't Wun Wun also based on a NY Giants Team member?

(Sorry it's off topic, but just curious). :)

I don't recall any mention of a bet between Alfie and George. According to Alfie, he simply asked George who Jon's parents were, and he told him.

Wun Wun= One One.

Clever Martin.

Thanks! :)

You're welcome :)

There's also the book that Tyrion reads on the Stinky Steward.. it is the fourth and final volume of a famous Volantene patriot named Triarch Belicho, "whose unbroken succession of conquests and triumphs ended rather abruptly when he was eaten by giants." Bill Belichick was the coach of the New England Patriots, who had a perfect season until the Giants beat them in the Superbowl during the 07-08 season. Clever, sneaky, Martin.

You're welcome :)

There's also the book that Tyrion reads on the Stinky Steward.. it is the fourth and final volume of a famous Volantene patriot named Triarch Belicho, "whose unbroken succession of conquests and triumphs ended rather abruptly when he was eaten by giants." Bill Belichick was the coach of the New England Patriots, who had a perfect season until the Giants beat them in the Superbowl during the 07-08 season. Clever, sneaky, Martin.

Oh, noooo!!!, lol.

Well I'm hoping for another successful Ravens Seaon, as I'm sure Bloodraven would too. :P

Oh, noooo!!!, lol.

Well I'm hoping for another successful Ravens Seaon, as I'm sure Bloodraven would too. :P

You guys had your win against the Giants in 01, I remember because I was about to die. I went to the championship game that year when the Giants beat the hell out the Vikings and it was the greatest thing ever. But then your precious Ravens killed us. So it was like magic when we managed to beat the Patriots and their perfect season, and that SuperBowl happened on my birthday. Couldn't have asked for more. But I doubt the Giants will win it again, so I'll root for the Ravens when I see them playing, just for your sake, unless they're playing the Giants of course. :P

Archived