Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

While in his post stabbing state Jon will meet Lyanna's ghost.

Jon: Aunt Lyanna...

Lyanna's ghost: No, I'm your mother.

J: Nooo. You slept with your own brother?

LG: He was not your father.

J: **relief on face**

LG: But your grandparents were siblings, and parents of their parents, and parents of parents of their parents...*

J: :shocked:

* Well we don't know who Egg married

who the hell is alfie allen and why does his opinion matter?

The actor who plays Theon Greyjoy in the television series. His opinion matters because he knows the identity of Jon's parents.

Or maybe George pulled a Tyrion trick and told all the actors something different to see who would leak.. :laugh:

Yeah, except for the part where they're leaking the same exact thing.

when I think of Luke Skywalker, I remember than he wasn't the only one surprised... I was. I'm hoping Jon's parentage is a surprise to everyone, despite R+L=J seeming most likely.

I also find it kindahard to believe GRRM would off-handedly say the parantage to an actor who isn't really involved in Jon's storyline. If it was Kit Harrington who had said it I'd be more believing. I mean, does he even know himself? If not why would GRRM tell Allen and not the actor playing the goshdarned character. Makes no sense.

I also find it kindahard to believe GRRM would off-handedly say the parantage to an actor who isn't really involved in Jon's storyline. If it was Kit Harrington who had said it I'd be more believing. I mean, does he even know himself? If not why would GRRM tell Allen and not the actor playing the goshdarned character. Makes no sense.

What, Alfie Allen is lying? Also, for your information, he's offered to tell Kit Harrington but he didn't want to know since Jon Snow himself doesn't know yet.

What, Alfie Allen is lying? Also, for your information, he's offered to tell Kit Harrington but he didn't want to know since Jon Snow himself doesn't know yet.

He lost some bet to Alfie, and the stake was to answer one question, as far as I recall.

Mance Rayder ends up being Rhaegar....Dayne was glamoured to look like Rhaegar wearing his battle armor. Rhaegar kept Dawn on him to make the magic stronger. Howland saw through the glamour and prevented Rhaegar from killing Ned. Lyanna's screams stop their fighting and upon her dying wishes Ned has to figure out a plan for Rhaegar....he goes to the wall to live out his life as Mance - a nobody who happened to learn to read, write, sing, fight, and play harp all while living by the wall. Jon fulfilling the prophecy was more important to Rhaegar than taking the throne plus the rebels pretty much smashed the Targ's at that point.

Why else would Mance want to take the opportunity to be in WF during a huge party in book 1?? He wanted to see his son and visit Lyanna's grave, duh.

Half kidding....it would be a cool plot twist....so I am half serious wanting it to happen.

The best crackpot theory I've ever read ! :o :bowdown:

You should start a thread.

The details are a little far-fetched... but I love the idea of Mance = Rhaegar who took the black.

Mance Rayder ends up being Rhaegar....Dayne was glamoured to look like Rhaegar wearing his battle armor. Rhaegar kept Dawn on him to make the magic stronger. Howland saw through the glamour and prevented Rhaegar from killing Ned. Lyanna's screams stop their fighting and upon her dying wishes Ned has to figure out a plan for Rhaegar....he goes to the wall to live out his life as Mance - a nobody who happened to learn to read, write, sing, fight, and play harp all while living by the wall. Jon fulfilling the prophecy was more important to Rhaegar than taking the throne plus the rebels pretty much smashed the Targ's at that point.

Why else would Mance want to take the opportunity to be in WF during a huge party in book 1?? He wanted to see his son and visit Lyanna's grave, duh.

Half kidding....it would be a cool plot twist....so I am half serious wanting it to happen.

Mance/Rhaegar first went to train as a faceless man so that he could not look like Rhaegar.

I'd just like to quietly interject a cautionary that the OP was quoting an interview by Alfie Allen not GRRM. It was what AA remembered of a conversation with GRRM and therefore there may well be nuances and associations inadvertently introduced by AA, but not intended by GRRM

I've always linked the Luke Skywalker situation to his father being his greatest Nemesis. How would that add up - who could that be.

I believe it's more like his father died (Anakin died) and Luke was raised by his uncle who knew the truth but didn't tell him

That's fair enough then.

I'd just like to quietly interject a cautionary that the OP was quoting an interview by Alfie Allen not GRRM. It was what AA remembered of a conversation with GRRM and therefore there may well be nuances and associations inadvertently introduced by AA, but not intended by GRRM

Agree. Im very skeptical on this.

Well, he died before Jon was born, so he could hardly be his nemesis. I also don't think Alfie would have Rhaegar in mind when he says Luke Skywalker situation.

I still think he fits as a family (FAMILY, which I used in my reply to you) nemesis, based on what the Stark kids know. And as other people have pointed out, the whole "hidden heir raised by an uncle" thing holds true no matter what. People are overcomplicating this.

Archived