Ramsey Snow/ The bastard of Bolton

Toiltoil

Hello!

I am a big fan of the show and have read the books 3-4 times now, and cannot wait for the next season, so offcurse I am watching all the casting news!

But,, during season 2 we hear Roose talk about his bastard son many times, and it seems like they are trying to build upp people awerness of this character..

That said and done, I have not yet seen any news about him being cast, ( I might be wrong) but I read the articles with all the new castings, but did not see his name, but I saw that they clevery mentioned that there are other new faces too...

What do you guys think?

If someone has any news about this please share :D

considering the major casting list does not include him, yet they mentioned a LOT of other characters will appear but wont be major listed yet does not exclude him from showing his ugly face anytime in the season... we may see him once or twice while he creates Reek. :)

my guess is it's a surprize :)

I think Dagmer will turn out to be Ramsay Snow in the show. He had many of Reek's lines and actions throughout the season, he "kinda" looks like Roose Bolton.

I could see him walking out of Winterfell with the rest of the Iron Born only to immediately turn on all of them as the northmen slaughter them all at his command and then off to the Dreadfort we go...

I think Ramsay has virtuakly nothing to do in S3 - Theon's descent into Reek, and that's about it, so 304 scenes for the entire series. Probably not worth casting someone specific for that level of appearance, to then have him back as a secondary character later on.

I think Dagmer, and possibly Loren will defect to Ramsay, and be the ones carrying out the torture, under orders from an absent Ramsay; essentially taking the place of the 2 Walders Frey.

edit: yay - 200 posts, in about a year and a half

Ralph Ineseon (Dagmer) has already said he won't be back for season 3, so no, he's not Ramsay.

They'll want to do something with Theon in the 3rd season, so I'm almost sure Ramsay will play a big part.

Had not heard that about Ineson (obviously). With the name-dropping of Roose's "bastard at the Dreadfort", an army outside Winterfell, and an already unconcious Theon, I can't imagine how they could possibly not have Ramsay Snow heavily involved early-on next season.

ramsay and theon weren't in aSoS, so i think its highly unlikely that he'll be cast aDwD, or maybe theres a small chance of that happening in season 4 due to the small number of characters they have to introduce then presumably, its unlikely they'll show up, it would be a suprise if they did, we shouldnt expect it

Apparently westeros.org's "little birds" heard some twitterings about Ramsay being cast for S3, so there's hope. His arc could revolve around the imprisoned Theon gradually learning that it was, in fact, Roose's bastard who sacked Winterfell and killed all of the surrendered Ironborn. Perhaps with the failed escape attempt, Kyra (or someone else) and her keys, the flaying, etc..

I don't even care at this point. Leaving out Reek had a negative effect on Theon's otherwise well-implemented arc in S2, especially at the anticlimactic and sketchy ending.

It's a shame. I've been morbidly anticipating Reek's diabolic CoK reveal on the screen ever since I read it. :closedeyes:

Apparently westeros.org's "little birds" heard some twitterings about Ramsay being cast for S3, so there's hope. His arc could revolve around the imprisoned Theon gradually learning that it was, in fact, Roose's bastard who sacked Winterfell and killed all of the surrendered Ironborn. Perhaps with the failed escape attempt, Kyra (or someone else) and her keys, the flaying, etc..

I don't even care at this point. Leaving out Reek had a negative effect on Theon's otherwise well-implemented arc in S2, especially at the anticlimactic and sketchy ending.

It's a shame. I've been morbidly anticipating Reek's diabolic CoK reveal on the screen ever since I read it. :closedeyes:

It is absolutely essential that they include Ramsay in the next season. They already messed up the last part of the winterfell story by not really revealing who did it, it kills the whole " wow....northmen did this, they betrayed Robb " thing. I think we really need to see Ramsay in the next season and how ruthless he is.

It is absolutely essential that they include Ramsay in the next season. They already messed up the last part of the winterfell story by not really revealing who did it, it kills the whole " wow....northmen did this, they betrayed Robb " thing. I think we really need to see Ramsay in the next season and how ruthless he is.

I actually think it's better this way because it will be more surprising next season when you know who kills you know who .

Had not heard that about Ineson (obviously). With the name-dropping of Roose's "bastard at the Dreadfort", an army outside Winterfell, and an already unconcious Theon, I can't imagine how they could possibly not have Ramsay Snow heavily involved early-on next season.

That theory's complete piece of doo doo! Shame on you.

EDIT: wrong quote, my bad!

Ramsay will surely be in the next series... they need to resolve the confusion with Winterfell and I think its likely that Theon will be back too. I think its possible that some FFC and DWD events may be moved forward somewhat to series 4, Theon's story was a major success story for the second series and I don't think the writers will encourage viewers to lose a connection with the character, especially given the awful time he's in for.

Also, it will be a perfect opportunity for HBO to squeeze in the gore factor. Lastly, in response for the person who theorised that Theon would be tortured by random servants, it would absolutely kill Ramsay's character development on screen as a psycho, he tortures because it is fun to him, if they removed that element then I would be highly disappointed.

That theory's complete piece of doo doo! Shame on you.

I think Dagmer will turn out to be Ramsay Snow in the show. He had many of Reek's lines and actions throughout the season, he "kinda" looks like Roose Bolton.

I could see him walking out of Winterfell with the rest of the Iron Born only to immediately turn on all of them as the northmen slaughter them all at his command and then off to the Dreadfort we go...

This is the theory that I thought was doo doo. Same person though.

I have a feeling Ramsey wont even be in season 3 and it really isnt that bad of an idea. Theons story has pretty much concluded and they dont need to show ramsey till season 4 or 5 when it starts back up again, all they have to say is that Theon is being held captive by the bastard of bolton. Season 3 has more than enough story lines to follow and would rather they give more screen time till then and once they show theon a few years down the road its going to be like HOLY SHIT!!

Love the bastard story line but i hope they drop it for this upcoming season.

Archived