Does the Ironborn Kingsmoot tell us anything about who wins the Game of Thrones?

Capon Breath

I hated the Ironborn on first read and so paid reasonable attention second time round to try and find something redeeming in any of their chapters. To be honest I still find them dull and 1 dimensional.

So i'm reaching a fair bit here but my fun theory for your dissection is that the Kingsmoot speeches track the passing of the Iron Crown...

1st up Gilbert Farwynd - We dont get a lot of detail and his Speech but its his "Mad Eyes" that get him shouted down. Gilbert Farwyn = Mad King Aerys.

2nd up - Erik Ironbreak, an overweight past it ruler famous for his Warhammer. Erik Ironbreaker = Robert Baratheon

3rd up - The Drumm. Good backers, good heritage & Valyrian Sword but fails to impress by being Boring. (Ok so my theory is particularly weak here) The Drumm represents the "background noise" of the Lannister Kids as rulers whilst we all wait for the "Main Characters" to show up and make a claim for the Iron Throne.

Next up Victarion. Great Warrior, terrible speaker and reluctant ruler. Tormented by the shadow of his older brother and soon to become convert to R'hllorism. Victarion = Stannis

Last but 1, Asha Greyjoy. A woman, talks about being "a mother" in her speech but her Children are weapons of war. Wants the Ironbron to abandon an old unsustainable way of life and embrace a new path just like Dany tries to change the way of life in Slavers bay. Asha = Dany.

Last up and the winner is Euron Crows Eye. Crow reference, powers of dark sorcery, has actually been the one engineering the events in the background from the start. Euron = Bloodraven or more likely his nedw disciple Bran.

So using my extremely tenuous and unreliable "Kingsmoot plot predictor" I can now confirm the rest of the plot of the series:

Stannis Wins the Iron Throne in WOW

Dany Takes it back via Dragon Power also in WOW

Blood Raven & Bran eventually overcome Dany by The end of the series.

That's not a horrible prediction at all.

My only break from it would be the last player. I think Euron =/= Bloodraven or Bran, but more magic/the unknown in general, not essentially a single individual.

Others on the march, increasing presence of magic, I think a good comparison for the last player is more to that effect. Still cool comparison

Very good theory, however, Aegon should probably be added to the "background noise" of the Lannisters, since it is clear at this point in the series that he will sit the Iron Throne, even if it is for a little while. Furthermore, the generalisation of several pretenders is very much needed, since it isn't practically possible to include characters similar to Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella and Aegon and keep the pretense of Kingsmoot candidates presenting themselves. However, there is no Theon mentioned here - if Asha represents Daenerys, could Theon be represented by Aegon? Could Aegon's blitzkrieg actually prove to be nothing more that Theon's career as a 'Prince of Winterfell' with Daenerys (close kin such as Asha is to Theon) finding him nearly obliterated and ready to be executed by Stannis (as is Theon in the TWoW sample chapter)?

I like Capon, IKE and gendarme's theories.

Don't forget:

- We have Varys, Illyrio and Littlefinger "engineering the events in the background from the start" like Euron

- Asha runs off to the North after loosing the Kingsmoot. Will Dany run off to The Wall after things go sour at King's Landing?

- Victarion is co-opted into Euron's plans, will Stannis be co opted by who ever takes over after Dany?

I think that the "Euron" in this metaphor will be the Others/Winter/Magic. Dany will abandon the throne to fight the Others, just as Asha ran off so she could resist Euron. Also, there's a theory kicking around that Stannis will join the Others, which would make sense in this metaphor. Stannis joins the Others but plans on betraying them for his own ends, just like Victarion 'joined' Euron but plans to betray him.

Stannis joining the Others theory

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/66380-twow-spoiler-nights-king-a-turn-from-fire-to-ice-the-story-of-stannis-baratheon/

Interesting theory and one in which Stannis at least seats on the throne for a little while. I hate the idea of Dany sitting on the throne though. I rather Patchface then her, but anything is possible. Nice thread. Im heartbroken over Stannis though

I hated the Ironborn on first read and so paid reasonable attention second time round to try and find something redeeming in any of their chapters. To be honest I still find them dull and 1 dimensional.

So i'm reaching a fair bit here but my fun theory for your dissection is that the Kingsmoot speeches track the passing of the Iron Crown...

1st up Gilbert Farwynd - We dont get a lot of detail and his Speech but its his "Mad Eyes" that get him shouted down. Gilbert Farwyn = Mad King Aerys.

2nd up - Erik Ironbreak, an overweight past it ruler famous for his Warhammer. Erik Ironbreaker = Robert Baratheon

3rd up - The Drumm. Good backers, good heritage & Valyrian Sword but fails to impress by being Boring. (Ok so my theory is particularly weak here) The Drumm represents the "background noise" of the Lannister Kids as rulers whilst we all wait for the "Main Characters" to show up and make a claim for the Iron Throne.

Next up Victarion. Great Warrior, terrible speaker and reluctant ruler. Tormented by the shadow of his older brother and soon to become convert to R'hllorism. Victarion = Stannis

Last but 1, Asha Greyjoy. A woman, talks about being "a mother" in her speech but her Children are weapons of war. Wants the Ironbron to abandon an old unsustainable way of life and embrace a new path just like Dany tries to change the way of life in Slavers bay. Asha = Dany.

Last up and the winner is Euron Crows Eye. Crow reference, powers of dark sorcery, has actually been the one engineering the events in the background from the start. Euron = Bloodraven or more likely his nedw disciple Bran.

So using my extremely tenuous and unreliable "Kingsmoot plot predictor" I can now confirm the rest of the plot of the series:

Stannis Wins the Iron Throne in WOW

Dany Takes it back via Dragon Power also in WOW

Blood Raven & Bran eventually overcome Dany by The end of the series.

this is nonsense!!! Crowned by the fact that Euron did not win the kingsmoot by any kind of sorcery or magic! The blowing of the horn did nothing but draw attention to himself before he spoke.

He won the kingsmoot because he bought off the crowd with better shinier gifts this much is made very very clear in that very chapter. I dont see how you could make up stories about dark magic and sorcery!

this is nonsense!!! Crowned by the fact that Euron did not win the kingsmoot by any kind of sorcery or magic! The blowing of the horn did nothing but draw attention to himself before he spoke.

He won the kingsmoot because he bought off the crowd with better shinier gifts this much is made very very clear in that very chapter. I dont see how you could make up stories about dark magic and sorcery!

I tend to Agree with this. The only real links are asha/dany and eirk hammer/robert hammer

This is a very interesting line of thought.

Before the Kingsmoot takes place, Asha remarks that "Tarle the Thrice-Drowned was heard to say that Maron Volmark is the true heir of the black line.” Maron Volmark is a teenager, and he ultimately did not make a claim at the Kingsmoot, but ended up supporting Victarion and being co-opted by Euron at the Shield Islands. If Aegon really is a Blackfyre, then he can also be described as an "heir of the black line". If Maron Volmark = Aegon, then this might be a hint that Aegon will never rule Westeros.

Euron is called a crow, he's captain of the Silence, his personal sigil is a red eye, and his victory is preceded by the blowing of a horn. Jon is a member of the Night's Watch (a crow), his direwolf never makes a sound (Silence), his direwolf has red eyes, and the Watch is associated with the blowing of horns. Euron's victory at the Kingsmoot could presage Jon's victory at the Game of Thrones.

Asha and Victarion make overtures toward an alliance, but ultimately clash at the Kingsmoot. Their clash is what allows Euron to swoop in and win the Kingsmoot. Could be a hint there.

This is a very interesting line of thought.

Before the Kingsmoot takes place, Asha remarks that "Tarle the Thrice-Drowned was heard to say that Maron Volmark is the true heir of the black line.” Maron Volmark is a teenager, and he ultimately did not make a claim at the Kingsmoot, but ended up supporting Victarion and being co-opted by Euron at the Shield Islands. If Aegon really is a Blackfyre, then he can also be described as an "heir of the black line". If Maron Volmark = Aegon, then this might be a hint that Aegon will never rule Westeros.

Euron is called a crow, he's captain of the Silence, his personal sigil is a red eye, and his victory is preceded by the blowing of a horn. Jon is a member of the Night's Watch (a crow), his direwolf never makes a sound (Silence), his direwolf has red eyes, and the Watch is associated with the blowing of horns. Euron's victory at the Kingsmoot could presage Jon's victory at the Game of Thrones.

Asha and Victarion make overtures toward an alliance, but ultimately clash at the Kingsmoot. Their clash is what allows Euron to swoop in and win the Kingsmoot. Could be a hint there.

Good eyes bro.... Thats some deep shit

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the Kingsmoot presages is the future direction of the Ironborn, and that only from Asha's speech. An alliance with the North is coming.

I have to admit that I saw the title and thought, "What the ...?" But it makes sense.

I tend to go for Tze's interpretation of Euron's victory, though. The crow, silence, red eyes, horn-blowing, etc. seem to point to Jon as much as, if not more than, Bloodraven or Bran, even though they make sense, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, at the end of everything, we can look back on the Kingsmoot, the Cyvasse games, etc. and see foreshadowing.

I have to admit though, part of the reason I like this as much as I do is because it doesn't end with Dany winning. :P

I like your theory! I believe that The Drumm is symbolic of Aegon however, not the Lannister kids (Gendarme mentioned this first). Aegon will probably have a Valyrian sword too, since Blackfyre is likely with the GC. And he is also boring imo :P I also like Tze's theory about Euron's victory representing Jon, not Bran.

So the basic order of events I think the Kingsmoot foreshadows is as follows: 1) Aegon takes the throne.

2) Stannis, with Jon's support, strikes Aegon down.

3) Dany comes in and defeats Stannis (makes him take the Black? I can hope :) )

4) Jon defeats Dany. Or maybe she just steps aside for him (R+L=J), either way it ends with him on the throne.

Euron definitely engineered the events

• First of all, he killed Balon (hired an FM) - the vision of the ghost of high heart strongly suggests this - anyway, this leads directly to the kingsmoot
  • Dark magic - he has 3 (4?) warlocks on his crew of the Silence
  • More dark magic - he drinks shade of the evening a lot - we saw what it did through Dany's PoV in aCoK. I'm not saying Euron practices dark magic himself, but there's definitely something shady :cool4: going on there
  • More magic - I don't think a 'shiny gift' would char a horn blower's lungs 'black as soot' (AFFC Ch 19). The horn appears to be a very powerful weapon

Euron travels the world, finds the horn, gets a bunch of warlocks, and has this plan to take the Iron Throne. He's been an exile for a long time, which makes me think this has been in the works ever since he left Pyke in the first place. Oh, and according to him he threw a dragon egg into the sea during one of his rages - could he really be that stupid? I doubt it, but who can prove him wrong? He has a mute crew on his ship.

Now Bloodraven has 1001 eyes. That seems to be enough eyes to do some sort of 'social engineering'. I think all those comparisons made by the OP are good ones, and are strangely enough in the same order as the events of the Iron throne. It's too similar to have been a coincidence up to this point.

Whatever happens I hope it's wrapped up quickly...this series has basically turned into a Song of Essos and Ironborn

Archived