The Slaver's Bay Three

How about there's a nuke in the bay area. it explodes, everyone dies. I hate reading that place. At least GRRM should have removed the game of thrones in there. If you have to make a far away place, at least make it exotic not just a twisted form of King's Landing.

I hope Barristan survives... he's so haunted about fair decisions turning foul that his life for once has to end on the foul one becoming fair. He upheld his oath as a Kingsguardsman to hold no wife....and AD killed herself (I think she's dead... Either that or she got around considering Teyene Sand is in all likelyhood her kid...a ridden by a wolf and a snake.... amusing picture to say the least) He saved Aerys at Duskendale and watched him descend into madness. He took Robert's pardon believing a great knight would make a great king... to watch him bring the realm to the cusp of chaos right til Cat Stark kicked it into the shitstorm. He got dismissed from the kings guard and found dany. He deceived her (foul choice) revealed himself and is serving her as hand. Plus if you think about it a small court is en route to help dany return to westeros. Marwyn is en route Tyrion and Jorah are in the back yard and Red Rhllor is sailing his emissary up the bay. A northman a red priest a maester and an all around stunted statesman. All she needs is a septon and dany will be set.

Now as for victarion I hope he drowns in a barrel of piss. All the iron islanders are shitbags and deserve the worst fate that the storm god can bring them.

Tyrion wont die.

Barristan makes it to Westeros, and either dies gloriously in single combat, or dies stabbed in the back, or dies defending Dany in battle.

If Victarion is still alive past the half way point of Wings of Winter, I will eat the book.

Tyrion wont die.

Barristan makes it to Westeros, and either dies gloriously in single combat, or dies stabbed in the back, or dies defending Dany in battle.

If Victarion is still alive past the half way point of Wings of Winter, I will eat the book.

If Tyrion died I would eat the book. He is far too loved to be killed off, although it would not bother me.

Barristan probably needs to get screwed over because that is what happens to honorable men in ASOIF.

Victarion...meh...don't care enough to have really thought about his future as I feel it is not significant.

Vic has to be important, IMO, because of what we know about red priests vis a vis Melisandre. Mel's whole purpose is attaching herself to great figures, or figures she believes are destined for greatness, then gaining their trust and guiding them towards a smack down with The Great Other. By all appearances Moqurro is doing that same dance with Victarion because he (M) believes that Vic is destined to play a great role in aiding Danny, whom M believes to be AA. Red priests aren't always right, but M was able to predict where he should be drifting on a piece of shipwreck to run into Vic, so he obviously has considerable prophetic power. Because of all this, I think Vic has an important and probably longish plot arc ahead of him. He might even become a Head of the Dragon--we know Danny likes her men on the brutish side. Sure, Vic is kind of dense, but so are Davos, Cercei, and Brienne, and they're still around.

Tyrion can't possibly die yet. The reasons for this have been laid out already, but I would add that both Danny and Barristan have lamented more than once that figuring things out and being clever and sneaky is not a skill set possessed by anyone in Danny's current entourage. Enter Tyrion.

So that leaves Barristan. I am least confident about his survival, but I really think he will not die because his input versus Tyrions input will cause a lot of turmoil when the Aegon issue comes up. Plus I thin Barristan will end up confronting Jon Connington before his story arc ends.

On the brutish side? What a gift for understatement...

Victarion is positively repulsive .. of course Euron is as well ( not a glimmer of a redeeming quality between them ), but I can't see someone as dim as V. surviving for long.

On the brutish side? What a gift for understatement...

Victarion is positively repulsive .. of course Euron is as well ( not a glimmer of a redeeming quality between them ), but I can't see someone as dim as V. surviving for long.

Haha, yeah, I can't think of any redeeming qualities, either, except that he has a ton of ships and seems to be a competent admiral. That's the main quality Danny's looking for in a man at this point, I think. And with him being a barbaric warlord type, I think she'll actually be attracted to him as well.

Smaug the Dreadful.. Gee.. I don't think she'd be attracted to him. She had no say in her marriage to Drogo...and it was her good luck that he turned out , deep down , to be more ..sensitive ?.. than the other Khals. Daario won her over with flowers and outright sex appeal , but whatever his ruthlessness / recklessness as a warrior, which she also found attractive ... what we've seen of his attitude to women is a far cry from Vic's.( and I don't think Vic is smart enough to know how to conceal it , or maybe even that it would need to be concealed )

Oh , I definitely think that she and her advisors would madly be thinking up a way to take advantage of the situation..a way to gain his ships without giving him any say in what she should do next.. But his attitude to slavery and complete disregard of the common people would be obvious and weigh against him.

If he ,or Euron should gain control of one or more dragons , then it's how will she deal with what she might see as a hostage taking...And I think she'll be able to draw some valuable lessons from what has gone on in Meereen and her marriage to Hizdhar.

what do people think of the idea that Barristan might live but no longer or have a very limmitled role as a POV character. It seems to me the main reason he was made into a POV was because dany left and no POV's were left to progress the inside Meereen story. I therefor think that maybe after the battle it he may no longer have a role as a POV though still live as a 2nd tier character.

GRRM said recently that he has too many POV characters and will have to kill some off. Let's look at the obvious keepers: Tyrion, Dany, Arya, and Sam. Those are the obvious ones.

Now, minor POV's that are expendable:

• Doran Martell (via Areo Hotah)-- Arianne now knows his plan (supposedly) and appears to be on board and is preaching patience to the Sand Snakes. She is much more able to control them compared to Doran, and they are now sent off on various infiltration missions. Doran, who has been painfully living by a thread, is now completely expendable.
  • Ser Barristan Selmy--Ser Barristan has served loyally time and time again. He went against what he believes in and took Meereen as safe keeping until his Queen returns. He is an old knight in a pit full of vipers, with the Pale Mare in the city, an merc army besieging it, and the Iron Fleet on its way. Now add in that he is an old man filled with regrets. Ser Barristan is, and always has been, expendable.
  • Victarion Greyjoy--Victarion has been a loyal servant all his life. That is what he has been good at. He succeeded in this role because he had somebody else handling the politics. He is far too overconfident and underestimates everyone who is not himself. He assumes that since Moqorro healed his hand, he is an ally. He never thinks that somebody else is wise enough to manipulate him. He has been a military commander and a warrior, and is heading toward the greatest battle of his life. Victarion is expendable.
  • Jon Connington--Although I think he will last a little longer, he is a timebomb. GRRM set an expiration date by giving him greyscale. His mission in life is to seat Aegon, (whom he believes to be) the son of Rhaegar, on the Iron Throne. I think Connington will be faced with the challenges of obeying Aegon or teaching him. We saw how only Tyrion stood up to Joffrey when he was wicked, and taught him how a king should behave. So far, only Tyrion has stood up to Aegon. Aegon may not be mad, but he cannot be given absolute power while he is immature. JonCon has some time left, but obviously he will not last forever (though I think he will sacrifice himself in a way he sees redeeming for the Battle of the Bells before the greyscale takes him).

GRRM is ready at the chopping block. I just hope he doesn't give Ser Barristan an unfitting death.

edited for spelling

GRRM said recently that he has too many POV characters and will have to kill some off. Let's look at the obvious keepers: Tyrion, Dany, Arya, and Sam. Those are the obvious ones.

(text cut out)

But do you think that he will kill them all or in some cases such as Ser Barristan he will just no longer use them as POV characters...

But do you think that he will kill them all or in some cases such as Ser Barristan he will just no longer use them as POV characters...

Well I do not know who/if he will kill my listed characters. I just know he has said he has to kill some POV's off, and those that I listed are all strong candidates.

I hope Ser Barristan remains, but I think his death is very near regardless of if he stays as a POV (which I do not think he will).

Yes, Barristan as a POV was just a way to solve the Meereneese knot.

Also, Doran isn't a POV, Areo is, and it's not necessary to kill, just not show things from his (limited) perspective.

I think Barristan goes. Victarion was introduced much later than Tyrion (who absolutely will not die, unless maybe at the end of book 7) and Barristan. Victarion hasnt played enough of a role yet to die. Barristan has. Giving his life while trying to protect the true claim to the throne is how he would want to go out.

Victarion will possibly die because of Euron, who is major player in this game.

Barristan is another character who can die, possibly sacrificing himself to save Danny

I don't think Tyrion can die anytime before end of last of the books.

I've seen a lot of people who are going mooneyed over the whole possibility of a dragon getting ridden by a kraken: here's a quote

The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying.[3] Beware the perfumed seneschal.[4] -Quaithe of the Shadow

Dany already has trust issues after a lifetime of betrayal. If there's one thing she may have learned about the ironborn from her brother was they stayed neutral in the war of the usurper. From jorah she'll have learned that they treacherous and treasonous in all the wrong ways for a targaryen to retake the throne. Throw in that Quaithe, her personal Obi Wan, says not to trust the following people.... well let's just say his gruff demeanor and freakish arm aren't going to win her over at first sight. She'll use the iron fleet she'll use Victarion but I don't see them becoming fuckbuddies. She has Daario for that.... gods help us all.

Archived