The Slaver's Bay Three

While Daenerys and Drogon are off playing with the Dothraki we have Barristan,Victarion and Tyrion awfully close to each other. Only GRRM can know exactly what will happen here till TWOW is released but it seems to me that it is time to say goodbye to one or more of his POVs but the question is which one. I know he loves Tyrion but it doesn't seem that the imp has much to contribute at this point when he's traveling with two people that have already betrayed Daenerys and is planning on rescuing Daario a person that she loves but at the same time can only hurt her political career. Victarion seems the most likely to die here which is probably why he won't. The story shows that he could be a pawn of Morrqorro or that maybe he'll end up riding a dragon. Then there is Barristan the Bold one of the most honorable,wise,noble.brave and gallant characters in the entire series of ASOIAF which sucks because I like him and I know what happens to most honorable, wise,noble ,brave and gallant characters in these novels. So please post out of Tyrion ,Victarion or Barristan which would you rather see go and how you think they should bite the big one.

If one of them dies in or around Meereen, it will be Barristan. He can't go on forever. I like him, but besides being the battle commander of the coming battle, I think he doesn't have any role to play anymore. Victarion will meet his brother before he dies and he will meet or at least see Dany before he dies.

If one of them dies in or around Meereen, it will be Barristan. He can't go on forever. I like him, but besides being the battle commander of the coming battle, I think he doesn't have any role to play anymore. Victarion will meet his brother before he dies and he will meet or at least see Dany before he dies.

Well it's debatable is Barristan has anything left to do....especially if you're one of the people that believes Septa Lemore = AD

I too think Selmy should make it back to Westeros. As others mentioned him meeting Lemore, if she is actually AD would be interesting. A meeting we Jaime too.

And I would really like to see him meet the Blackfish. They fought together in the war of the Ninepenny Kings and a reunion between these two veterans could be really interesting.

So I don't think his story is over.

While Daenerys and Drogon are off playing with the Dothraki we have Barristan,Victarion and Tyrion awfully close to each other. Only GRRM can know exactly what will happen here till TWOW is released but it seems to me that it is time to say goodbye to one or more of his POVs but the question is which one. I know he loves Tyrion but it doesn't seem that the imp has much to contribute at this point when he's traveling with two people that have already betrayed Daenerys and is planning on rescuing Daario a person that she loves but at the same time can only hurt her political career. Victarion seems the most likely to die here which is probably why he won't. The story shows that he could be a pawn of Morrqorro or that maybe he'll end up riding a dragon. Then there is Barristan the Bold one of the most honorable,wise,noble.brave and gallant characters in the entire series of ASOIAF which sucks because I like him and I know what happens to most honorable, wise,noble ,brave and gallant characters in these novels. So please post out of Tyrion ,Victarion or Barristan which would you rather see go and how you think they should bite the big one.

I think these three working together will be equally hilarious and awesome

Martin pretty much openly admitted that Barristan as a POV was his way out of the Mereen knot. (I think it was that google question submission interview). . .

He said something that he intends the battle to be observed from multiple angles, obviously he needed someone inside Mereen to get that perspective. I think we'll get no Vic POVs until after the battle, with an exceptional revelation (he rescued/kidnapped Dany, or tamed a dragon through Moqorro, something unexpected).

What I don't want is another Tyrion melee POV. For such a small guy he's already had too much luck surviving melees (Green Fork, Blackwater wreckage bridge). It's going to break some realism for him to make out on another imo. Hopefully he's smart enough to sit this one out.

I don't think Tyrion will be killed - he seems to survive epic battles somehow. Plus he is too scheming and awesome :( Killing Barristan would be strange because his story has just become about raising new knights for Daenerys, but perhaps this is a legacy which they will follow. He is probably the best council she has when she (finally) returns to Westeros. Although he seems to keep telling himself that he is too old for this, which may perhaps be a hint that he will go out fighting, like he wishes. I reckon Victarion will be too cocky for his own good and get eaten by Drogon, although the red priest did say he visioned greatness in him... perhaps he steals the dragon horn off Euron and has himself a bbq?

We're not told that Moqorro sees greatness for Victarion . He tells Vic that he has seen the greatness that will be his. This might mean not very much greatness at all..But Moqorro knows it wouldn't be healthy to say that outright .. ;)..And Vic is expecting to achieve greatness , so of course he's going to interpret it in the most favourable way.

I'm sure the writing is on the wall for V ..I just don't know where Euron actually is..or what he actually is..

For that matter , is Moqorro the same Moqorro Tyrion met ?..or.. Is the captain who brought Moqorro to Vic the same person he was the last time Vic saw him ?

( My head is spinning )

We all expect Barristan to die this battle, therefore he'll survive. Keep in mind Barristan got to Daenerys' BEFORE Martin had problems with the Mereense-knot. Perhaps he had more in mind for Barristan after the supposed five-year-gap. We'll find out in a few years ...

Archived