Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

I can't speak for everyone on this thread, but for me personally this discussion hasn't been about opposing Dany. I don't have a problem with Dany, only BS arguments stating that Dany is somehow the most qualified leader in the series. I also believe that they will both crash and burn by the end if they stay on their current paths.

What I meant was opposing Dany against Stannis and vice-versa.

We don't have to take them as they are in ADWD, I assume (what with half the options being dead and all) so I'd gamble on an adult Tommen. He seems like a nice kid. His brother cuts cats open, he adores kittens.

Renly. Everybody else has a bit stupidity or paranoia in/around them.

I think Renly was a bit stupid too. Dude you have the army don't waist time on games and attack as fast as you can!

He shouldn't let the other kings get stronger

I don't Renly had many kingly qualifications at all.

I always took the stuff about being affable and popular and therefore a good monarch as being far less important to his initial success than the simple fact that he was unmarried and Tyrell had long wanted to supplant the lannisters. Also, that men like LF saw him as preferable to Stannis is really not a compliment. He was easier for the slime to get along with, great. He was the only king throwing his hat in the ring with no claim at all and he still treated it like a game.

I think Renly was a bit stupid too. Dude you have the army don't waist time on games and attack as fast as you can!

He shouldn't let the other kings get stronger

I would say arrogant, not stupid. He thought he could win the throne just because he had an army, and his last name was Baratheon. And yes, he was slowwwww, he wanted a parade instead of attacking King's Landing. Still he was a likeable character. Oh well... nothing he can do now. :crying:

I don't get when people go "I would support Stannis with Melisandre." Without Mel he is nothing.

Without Mel he's still Stannis Baratheon! :wub: That's good enough for me. I like him better for the things he has done without her.

The business with the 'shadow babies' was a slight on his honor, IMO.

Freakin' Melisandre... <_<

Renly or Dany.

I guess Stannis wouldn't have been too bad (fair justice system and no-nonsense), but he became a fanatic. His religious policies would cause a shitstorm if he ever sat on the throne.

A fanatic as in, religious fanatic? Because Stannis is anything but.

Daenerys is the rightful ruler of Westeros, so I'd serve her (even though I think she is the LEAST qualified to be a good ruler, Stannis is obviously the most effective despite being a traitor and a usurper).

I mean out of all of them so that includes Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Personally if I had to choose one it would either be Renly (seemed to have the interests of the people at heart) or Dany (good leadership and has an ability to inspire loyalty).

I agree with you. My first choice would be Renly. He's an easy-going sort that would be easy to serve. Daenerys would be ok. Tommen looks like he would grow up ok.

A fanatic as in, religious fanatic? Because Stannis is anything but.

Fine, let me rephrase it. He's surrounded himself with religious fanatics, allowing them to burn the seven. That alone would have the Faith of the Seven try to oust him and we see what kind of power they can weild. Every enemy of Stannis could whip up fear just by pointing at his sigil and spreading rumours of religious oppression or worse.

"A fire? That must have been King Stannis' work sacrificing to the god of Light" etc.

Archived