Our Top 30 - A Book Characters Guessing Game

Syseanne

Yes, someone got it! I present you

#24 Olenna 'Queen of Thorns' Redwyne.

It is a queen, it is the queen, the Queen of Thorns. Yeah, you got to love fierce old ladies. No one ever made me appreciate the bear and the maiden fair more than lovely Olenna Redwyne. I believe she is one of these people, if you met her in real life you'd not like her very much. She is rude, says whatever she is thinking (and that aren't very polite things), she is loud, and a little obnoxious. Yes, Madame Redwyne has a very Queen-like character. Maybe they can get Queen Elizabeth to play her. At least in my head that's what she looks like. She is a very proper Lady with just the right amount of bluntness to her. I just love how she teases her incompetent son. And left, and right, and... hach, dear Queen of Thorns, will you please become my grandma? Or, better nor, otherwise you'd only make fun of me.

So, but what does she do besides having a very entertaining character? Killing Joffy for one. I bow to that. Everybody knew it had to be done, but only this (not so) nice elderly Lady hat the guts to actually put some purple stones in his drink. At least that's what I assume happened, but I'm not realy sure in the moment, and again, I'm not in the Internet actually writing this thing. Anyway, this woman had the balls to kill the king; To kill the (idiotic, cruel and incompetent) 12(or so) year old king. There's just no messing with the queen and her family. Yes, we don't see Olenna very often, but every time we do it really is worth it. She is the mother-hen of the Tyrell family and they owe her a lot. Without her intelligence Margery would be misserable, Mace would probably have been killed by Cersei and Loras, well Loras'd be on a Stannis killing spree. He'd go all berserker and only wear feathers and a leather coat... Hm... I don't know, what do you think the Tyrells would do without their Queen of Thorns?

Another thing I wanted to talk about was her ability to see through people. Yes, Sansa seems to be rather easy to see through at times. But no one besides Olenna got out of her what kind of person Joffrey is. But I also felt like she understood Tyrion better than he'd like to be understood. And Littlefinger. I'm not quite sure on that point, but I don't think she'd do business (if you call killing children business) with him if she didn't know all of his cards. She seems to smart for that. I'm wondering why there are so few smart people in Westeros, the school system doesn't seem to be working, even for the rich people.

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 10.6

Highest Placing: 2

Placed in 5 out of 14 lists

Reek the Turncloak 17

SnowStorm 14

Silver Spearwife 14

KhaleesiDany 11

Jon's Queen Consort 10

Petyr Baelish the First 10

Headless Jeyne 10

DR Supporter 6

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

wolverine 5

please tell me if I missed something or calculated wrong or anything like that...

CLUE FOR #24

Another King, in the real sense this time.

#24 will be posted on Friday, Australian time, so it might be Thursday depending where you are.

I agree, that was sort of a trick question! I thought of Olenna but didn't pick her because she isn't actually a queen...

She is awesome, though, there's no denying that.

Anyway...even tho I'm pretty sure it's Mance I'll play it safe this time:

1. Mance

2. Robb

3. uhhh.....Stannis, but I'll be shocked if he's this low

First of all, sorry, I'm a bit (or a lot) late....Sorry, turns out internet here is not as reliable as I've hoped. Also, visiting a national Park is way more important then ASoIaF... Anyway, I present you

#23 Robb Stark

Oh Robb, everytime I think of you I'm about to cry. It is so sad, these evil Freyboys, but, man, you are so stupid! Why the hell did you marry that Westerling girl, and why the hell didn't you tell your uncle about your keep-Tywin-from-kings-landing plan and why oh why did you marry Jeyne? Why? I don't like to see Greywinds head on your shulders... This is one of the most hunting images of the book. Why, Robb? Why? Hach, I'm having a lot of feelings... snif... Oh Robb...

So, enough sobbing, Robb was kind of an idiot, sure, he was a able leader and a good king but he also was a teenage boy and therefore and idiot. Sure, very honorable and everything, but I claim that his decision to marry Jeyne was the stupidest decision in this book full of stupid decision (I dare to tell me an even more stupid decision someone made in the bookseries). But Robb had his good moments, many of them. For one he was a surprisingly good war-leader. His sacking of the whispering woods is legendary and deserves a song. Seriously, everyone has a song, was there no bard present to make a ballade of the Young Wolf? Or was there and I just missed it. Anyway, Robb turned out to be such a good leader, even Tywin respected him and Tywin respects nobody. And Robb did all of this with his mother nagging him every step of the way. Thank you Lady Stark...

You see, Lord Robb was awesome, but what about Robb the human being. I love his conversations with Bran, when it shines through how much of a child Robb still is and how afraid he is. How much his dads death hurt him and how much pain he suffers. But he manages to stay strong for his family and for his people. Robb is one awesome big brother, he knows his duties, but also has a heart at the right place. And unfortunately he is a teenage boy marrying the first girl he ever fell in love with... Oh Robb, you seem so perfect and then comes something like that. Oh Robb... stupid stupid Robb, why did you have to die? Why did you have to die in such a heartbreaking way? There it is again, the hunting image of greywinds head on Robbs body. Maybe he'd become a wight (or white walker, I never remember which is which – also I don't know the spelling, stupid me) like that and become the first half direwolf half human zombie to ever walk westeros. Hmmm. I could live with that. What do you say? Pro Direzombie or anti Direzombie?

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 9.3

Highest Placing: 2

Placed in 7 out of 14 lists

Reek the Turncloak 17

SnowStorm 17

Silver Spearwife 16

Headless Jeyne 12

KhaleesiDany 11

Jon's Queen Consort 10

Petyr Baelish the First 10

DR Supporter 6

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

wolverine 5

Garlan Marius 1

please tell me if I missed something or calculated wrong or anything like that...

Because I'm sure I'll have internet on Tuesday I'll be posting two entries. Because after that the intenet situation might get tricky again. So you will be guessing for two entries, pleas state clearly who's your guess(or guesses) for which number.

CLUE FOR #22

This character is dressed in black

CLUE FOR #21

This woman is getting married during the events of the book series

Both, #22 and #21 will be posted on Tuesday.

I'm thinking it has to be from the night's watch but Jon can't be this low, and I can't think of anyone else from there who would make it on the list. UNLESS ITS A TRICK AND THEY ARENT FROM THE NIGHTS WATCH AT ALL AHHHH

Samwell Tarly

Margaery Tyrell. She gets married often enough.

Archived