Our Top 30 - A Book Characters Guessing Game

Syseanne

Just a question.

Since Euron, Tywin, Varys, Podrick and Rickon were listed as honorable mention, does that mean

she made it to top 30? And yes, only the OP will know who I mean. Please let it be so, cos I would like to see her get her due.

^Only the OP can read the spoiler.

Thanks you all for participating!

First, Petyr Baelish suggested to PM your guess,

hmm, I don't know. I guess if you don't want anyone to steal your idea you can PM me your guess, but you are also allowed to post it here and discuss.

Here I present our 30. favourite character...

#30: Ygritte

My clues are to easy, but yes, spot 30 is Ygritte with a catchphrase that's never getting old:

You know nothing, Jon Snow

Ygritte is a spearwife through and through, strong, independent and sure of what she wants she represents the ideal of women we have today. Although she is a wildling and less civilized than the seven Kingdoms. Just noticed that right now and find it kind of interesting.

I believe what most people like about her, or what I like about her is, that she is a very tough woman but on the other hand has also this dreamy aspects in her personality. I always loved the Ygritte that wonders about castles and live and has these intimate conversations with Jons that really portrait her view of the world. But it is also rather awesome just seeing her handling these other wildling men.

It is easy to see her as a simple tool to help Jon develop, but come on, she is an interesting, intelligent and intriguing tool and without her, Jons whole being-a-wildling-experience would not have been as fascinating as it was.

Lest we forget, she is also kissed by fire, that ought to give her some extra points.

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 8.4

Highest Placing: 3

Placed in 5 out of 14 lists

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

Jon's Queen Consort 5

Petyr Baelish the First 5

Silver Spearwife 5

Snow Storm 5

wolverine 5

KhaleesiDany 3

DR Supporter 1

if I forgot anyone, I'm sorry, complain an it will get fixed.

CLUE FOR #29

This character could represent one of the gods

#29 will be posted on Sunday

Okay, guess my clues where a bit too obscure this time around. Anyway, I present to you:

#29: Gendry Waters

Gendry and the smith, that's what I was going for with the clue, but yes, Gendry is so much more than a smith, he is a royal bastard, an outlaw, a brother without banners, a knight and all in all a pretty awesome dude. Although we see him in Game of Thrones through the eyes of Eddard we first get to know him through his interactions with Arya. I know, a lot of people ship that, by I love them for their brotherly (and sisterly) relationship.

On their journey he develops into this strong individual with a strong opinion of right and wrong and this strong will to make the world a better place. Him joining the Brotherhood might not be so great in Aryas opinion but I believe only this gave him a real purpose. Before, all he was is a pawn and he did not even know it. Being King Roberts Bastard put a target on his back and only becoming something else as well allowed him to take an active part in the shaping of the world as it should be. Puh, I have no idea if that sentence just made any sense... Basically I meant, at first Gendry was a very passive person, things happened to him and he just went with it. But once he joined the Brotherhood, once he makes this active decision he is no longer just a leaf in the wind but becomes his own little engine. Without this transformation I do not believe he would have been in a position allowing him to save Brienne.

Yeah, basically, Gendry is not only a good looking guy, but also the nice and confident guy. I guess as far as bastards go, he is quite a catch...

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 11.3

Highest Placing: 1

Placed in 5 out of 14 lists

sorry, this time around only SnowStorm got some points...

From here on I'll just gonna print everyone in bolt who got any points, again, please tell me when I forget someone

SnowStorm 7

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

Jon's Queen Consort 5

Petyr Baelish the First 5

Silver Spearwife 5

wolverine 5

KhaleesiDany 3

DR Supporter 1

CLUE FOR #28

The first PoV Character in this list

#28 will be posted on Tuesday