Our Top 30 - A Book Characters Guessing Game

Syseanne

First of, sorry, I'm a bit early today, but I don't have that much internet time left. Anyway. Singapore airport is awesome, they give you 4 hours of free internet...

Second, yeah, I know, my clue was kind of terrible, but I really could not think of anything else...

And a few people did guess right, so it can't be that bad. Also, for the future: From now on, if I revere to a character as he, it means the character is masculine. I present to you:

#25 Bronn

Bronn is one of these characters that the TV show helped a lot with. At least in my case. Book Bronn I never really cared for. I did not not care for him, but there just is no special love. While TV show Bronn... TV Bronn has a place in my heart. But this is a book character showdown so I'll not tell you how Bronn became head of the goldcloaks.

What Bronn does is marrie Lollis and getting rich and calling that little Bastard of hers Tyrion. I do like Bronn for that. His whole relationship with Tyrion is very nice, but I can't really separate Book and TV show here and don't have the books with me to check what is actually happening. So is 'I stand for the dwarf' book canon? I know, he does stand for that dwarf but does he actually say it? But yes, poor Vardis Egen. (Again, I don't have the books nor the Internet with me, sorry if I'm spelling a lot of names just wrong...) But this fight is Bronn at his best. That quick little bastard that he is. And I'm not using bastard in the literal sense. And to be honest. That and the Stokeworth disaster is the only thing I remember of Bron right now, that I'm certain of it happening in the book and not only in TV. I guess most of the time he is the muscle to Tyrions brain. One might think of one Janos Slynt at a certain dinner table. Was Bronn present at that time? Its kind of embarrassing how little bookstuff I remember. I'm blaming Jerome Flynn...

Feel free to tell me that I messed up and tell me about all of the great Bronn moments. Right now I only know that I like that character. I honestly have no idea why exactly... But it makes me feel bad because I'm liking a guy who is basically a killing machine and I kind of feel sorry for Falyse Stockeworth. Yes, I have a soft spot for idiots...

And no, in real life I'd never be friends with Bronn, he is one of these guyes you see on the sidwalk and then you cross the street to walk on the other side. But from a distance he is very entertaining... But upfront I prefere people with some kind of moral code, no matter how twisted. I don't think Bronn has one.

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 8.9

Highest Placing: 9

Placed in 7 out of 14 lists

Reek the Turncloak 15

Silver Spearwife 14

KhaleesiDany 11

Jon's Queen Consort 10

Petyr Baelish the First 10

Headless Jeyne 10

SnowStorm 9

DR Supporter 6

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

wolverine 5

please tell me if I missed something or calculated wrong or anything like that...

CLUE FOR #24

It is a Queen.

#24 will be posted some time or another (depending on the Internet situation), but not before Wendsday in whatever timezone I'll be in (Australia)

All I could think of was Robert and Jorah, and I'd rather put my money on Jorah. After you guys said Bronn I wished I had made three guesses!

I will make three guesses now.

1. Cersei

2. Margaery

3. Danaerys (I hope she will be higher up, but the hate for Dany is great . . .)

Archived