what will become of the remaining tullys? will they return in any fashion?

Super_Hodor

You beat me to it. Tom Sevenstrings will have Riverrun back to rebelling in no time at all. They will unite the Riverlands and destroy the Freys as soon as the rivers are frozen.

The strength of the BWB is that they are a guerilla force, keeping and holding a castle could actually weaken them. I think the more likely possibility is that a RW 2.0 will happen, but it will be a slaughter with maybe some hostages taken. If they take out enough Freys, it may finally close up the BWB plotline too.

Riverrun will play host to the RW 2.0. I think the Blackfish will go the BWB and help orchestrate the entire thing. He may never have left and is planning with Tom. I think it would be awesome if Old Walder Frey was at the wedding and unCat came in. UnCat could even do the whole The North Remembers if she's hardcore enough

I think a RW 2.0 is quite possible, seems that many of the pieces are in place. But, whether it actually happens or not, I think Edmure will be back at Riverrun. He's still alive for a reason and I don't think we've seen the last of him. Or, at least I hope not, I rather like the guy.

I always thought that PW is actually RW 2.0, since Lannisters "always pay their debts". As far for Edmure, I pity him, it has to be horrible, you having sex while your family is being slaughtered.

I always thought that PW is actually RW 2.0, since Lannisters "always pay their debts". As far for Edmure, I pity him, it has to be horrible, you having sex while your family is being slaughtered.

Weddings in Westeros have become a dangerous business indeed.

A wedding that turns in to a slaughter where the guests are killed in the middle of a feast? That sounds more like a RW than the PW was. I can see what you are saying though.

all valid good points, really hope the tullys return to power, though I fear they are highest on the extinction list, even worse then the Starks, I would love to see where lady stonehearts story is going :)

I could see him somehow joining stannis to regain his land, or honoslty I think if Jon comes back as King in noth, he will join with sansa and liberate the riverlands. Raventree would rejoin as well as others still loyal to the tulys

• 6 months later...

You beat me to it. Tom Sevenstrings will have Riverrun back to rebelling in no time at all. They will unite the Riverlands and destroy the Freys as soon as the rivers are frozen.

It's just a thought, still, except from being in the BWB, Tom does not have much reason to have much love for House Tully and / or Edmure, right? http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tom_of_Sevenstreams

So how would that fit in with the theories about RW2? (not that I am disagreeing, I could see a rebellion happen as well)

I honestly have no idea how this will turn out. I want Blackfish to survive ADoS, and live the remainder of his life in peace somewhere in the Riverlands. But I think he's gonna die.

As for Edmure, I'm sure something bad is gonna happen to him.

I don't want his heir to be part Frey.

I'm guessing some bitter Northerners kill his wife and child, and he changes after his captivity into a much more able lord.

If he dies, it'll most likely mean the fall of House Tully, which quite frankly I don't mind.

And I'm hoping House Arryn will fall as well rather than end up being led by Robert the Crybaby. Plan 'Harry the Heir will rule' seems to be too far fetched given the shitstorm that's soon to take place in the Vale involving Sansa, Littlefinger, and most probably UnCat, Brienne, Jaime and the BwB.

Didn't GRRM said that not all the great houses will survive the serie? I think Tullys are gone, unless a Stark took the name just to be heir of Ruverrun. Edmure part in the story ended with the siege, and if the BWB try a RW 2.0 (and I'm not fond to the idea) he and his child are gone, not all Lanister made an oath to not attack Tullys and Starks.

Though I can see Sansa pushing her rights over Riverrun and Harrenhal if she takes control of the Vale, or maybe Rickon, since the Riverlands were part of Robb's kingdom, and put a regent there. But a "Tully", I don't think so.

Didn't GRRM said that not all the great houses will survive the serie?

And it would be quite surprising if the Starks, the Tullys, the Arryns, the Baratheons and the Targaryens all made it. All are in very bad shape right now, it stands to reason that not all the names survive. Of all the great Houses of Westeros, only Nymeros-Martell, Tyrell, Lannister and (which is arguably most infuriating) Greyjoy don't face imminent extinction. Which doesn't mean they could feel completely safe, either.

I think Tullys are gone, unless a Stark took the name just to be heir of Ruverrun. Edmure part in the story ended with the siege, and if the BWB try a RW 2.0 (and I'm not fond to the idea) he and his child are gone, not all Lanister made an oath to not attack Tullys and Starks.

There are only so many Lannister soldiers (especially after the war), and they have quite a few problems already: the ironborn, Faith Militant, Golden Company. Their strategic ally, House Tyrell, is less than completely trustworthy. Oh, and Dorne only looks for an opportunity to bring them down.

LF is lord paramount of the riverlands, but he doesn't care. He obtained Harrenhal because it was a way for him to go after what he really wanted, the Vale.

I think that Littlefinger is only pretending to not care about the Riverlands and Harrenhall while behind the scenes he is working hard at making plans to secure the loyalty of the Riverlords the same way he has been trying to secure the loyalty of the Vale Lords. He was given the largest castle in the realm and rulership of one of the Seven Kingdoms , it seems incomprehensible that he would just ignore that.

No lie i really wonder about the situation faces all the noble familes in Westeros. The Targs are dying out in away, The starks are scattered, The Baratheons are dying out and none of the bastards are legalized, The martells kinda in the same boat but not as bad, The tullys gods have mercy on them, The Arrys are pretty much doomed, as with the lannisters (who can take over from them now and try to rebuild), The tyrells seem ok since willas is still ok, the greyjoys which one has heirs to continue that.

Makes me wonder if any or all will be restored to former glory by the time the series is over.

Archived