what will become of the remaining tullys? will they return in any fashion?

Super_Hodor

Tom o'sevens was at Riverrun in AFFC, does he stay? And let's not forget he did cause havoc. Another Frey down and a crown delievered to Uncat.

I'm not sure that Daven would get married in his great-aunt's castle - presumably he has lands back in the west. I don't disagree that the Freys are hunting the BWB, that follows since the BWB are also hunting the Freys

Well, the Freys would want to come out in force no? And I doubt they'd want to go as far as the Westerlands, plus wouldn't it just be like good old Walder to celebrate that Riverrun is finally in his family? After all, he has been a sour and disgruntled bannerman to the Tullys all his life. It's palpable how envious and greedy he is when Cat speaks to him about Robb crossing. He makes a point about how the Tullys have always looked down on him and how Hoster didn't come to his last wedding, etc etc. I can just imagine how much he'd like to come gloating to the Riverrun now when it belongs to Emmon.

Even better, he'd get yet another daughter married and to the Warden of the West, too. That has to feel good for old Walder.

But I do believe that what goes around comes around, and old Walder Frey has it coming very soon!

But who can doubt that weddings are intrinsically dangerous - was it not yourself who referred to them as the gilded cages of patriarchy? ;)

Oh absolutely. But then I am rebelling in my own way by keeping my old surname. ;)

Well, the Freys would want to come out in force no? And I doubt they'd want to go as far as the Westerlands, plus wouldn't it just be like good old Walder to celebrate that Riverrun is finally in his family? After all, he has been a sour and disgruntled bannerman to the Tullys all his life. It's palpable how envious and greedy he is when Cat speaks to him about Robb crossing. He makes a point about how the Tullys have always looked down on him and how Hoster didn't come to his last wedding, etc etc. I can just imagine how much he'd like to come gloating to the Riverrun now when it belongs to Emmon.

Even better, he'd get yet another daughter married and to the Warden of the West, too. That has to feel good for old Walder.

But I do believe that what goes around comes around, and old Walder Frey has it coming very soon!

Oh absolutely. But then I am rebelling in my own way by keeping my old surname. ;)

Reflects my thoughts on a wedding at Riverrun. I think something is going to happen, weddings are a dangerous thing in Westeros, why break that trend now?

Funny about your last name. I tell my husband all the time that the main reason why I married him is because of how much I hated my old surname. Hard to spell and harder to pronounce, I was glad to lose it.

Reflects my thoughts on a wedding at Riverrun. I think something is going to happen, weddings are a dangerous thing in Westeros, why break that trend now?

Funny about your last name. I tell my husband all the time that the main reason why I married him is because of how much I hated my old surname. Hard to spell and harder to pronounce, I was glad to lose it.

Hah indeed. Also, in one Jaime's chapter in AFFC Emmon remarks that he will hold Riverrun and "no man will take it from me". Final last words if the person who takes it is a woman, i.e. UnCat?

I also think Lummel will have to eat his words on Edmure's floppy fish (besides, I thought the rumours about red headed men was the opposite, i.e. not trending towards floppy fishes? But what do I know!)

I am content, even happy, with the rumour you are spreading Lyanna. :)

Dunno. Isn't Emmon Frey, dare I say it, a bit of an ineffectual fool? And since he's said that it would work equally well if anybody took the castle from him, I mean he's more or less asking for it, such hubris in ASOIAF can only end one way really...

I am content, even happy, with the rumour you are spreading Lyanna. :)

Hahaha, I aim to please. :)

Dunno. Isn't Emmon Frey, dare I say it, a bit of an ineffectual fool? And since he's said that it would work equally well if anybody took the castle from him, I mean he's more or less asking for it, such hubris in ASOIAF can only end one way really...

Ah yes, but I got a Macbeth ("for none of woman born" etc) vibe from it since Emmon says: "To be sure, Riverrun is mine, and no man shall ever take it from me." Tolkien used it with Eowyn and the hobbit to kill the Nazgul as well:

"Hinder me? No living man may hinder me!" - Witch-king of Angmar (death by hobbit and woman, ouch)

As soon as someone says "no X will do Y to me" then you just need to bring someone who isn't X and Y will surely automatically happen.

Who owns Riverrun? Roslin Frey's baby or Genna's husband?

Edmure is on his way to Casterly Rock, Roslin is at the Twins, pregnant and Genna + Emmon Frey hold Riverrun. Ser Daven Lannister, Warden of the West, is going to marry a Frey fairly soon as of AFFC.

EDIT: Emmon was also complaining to Jaime that he didn't have enough manpower to hold it since Jaime sent 400 men to watch over Edmure and Jeyne Westerling who were sent to Casterly Rock.

Depends on who you ask. A paper says Emmon Frey. Only a paper and a few swords. But it is Roslin Tully, not Frey anymore. The third contestant is Roslins baby's father.

Hmmm, so why doesn't Genna strike at Roslin? If she is truly Tywin's sister then she must know that Roslin has to die, prefrebaly before she gives birth

@Lyanna

I don't remember that, Cersei made Daven Warden? I'll take your word for it

Not enough men to hold... Riverrun? From whom? BWB don't have seige stuff. The only people I can think of are the knights of the Vale (perfect lol)

Which Warden controlls the Twins and Riverlands? Him or Roose or Lord Robert?

Hmmm, so why doesn't Genna strike at Roslin? If she is truly Tywin's sister then she must know that Roslin has to die, prefrebaly before she gives birth

I believe she is waiting to see if Roslin has a boy or girl. A son would "get sick" and die, but a daughter would be married to whichever of Cleos' sons is heir. The Lannisters did the same thing when they married Tyrek to baby Lady Ermesande Hayford. It's a standard trick to marry the daughter of the person who's power you've taken to seem more legitimate.

@Lyanna

Not enough men to hold... Riverrun? From whom? BWB don't have seige stuff. The only people I can think of are the knights of the Vale (perfect lol)

Technically the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands is Littlefinger, but he can't really be bothered to take Harrenhal for himself so Ser Bonifer Hasty holds it as Castellan as of end AFFC/ADWD.

I believe she is waiting to see if Roslin has a boy or girl. A son would "get sick" and die, but a daughter would be married to whichever of Cleos' sons is heir. The Lannisters did the same thing when they married Tyrek to baby Lady Ermesande Hayford. It's a standard trick to marry the daughter of the person who's power you've taken to seem more legitimate.

The baby shouldn't be born. It could be a fake Aegon story all over again

Technically the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands is Littlefinger, but he can't really be bothered to take Harrenhal for himself so Ser Bonifer Hasty holds it as Castellan as of end AFFC/ADWD.

Ahhh yes Petyr of course. Thanks

@Lyanna

Cersei made Daven warden of the west in Feast, IIRC. It's after her father dies.

LF is lord paramount of the riverlands, but he doesn't care. He obtained Harrenhal because it was a way for him to go after what he really wanted, the Vale.

As for Roslin, she is back at the Twins, surrounded by a bunch of Freys. Genna can't get to her right now, whether she would want to or not.

I think there is also a pretty good economical argument to be made for this line of reasoning. It does a lot to shorten the length of this particular storyline, allowing the story to get to more important matters.

The Catelyn/Brienne/Jaime/Cersei ongoing drama is all very entertaining but it needs to end soon.

I can't see why they would leave Edmure alive, makes no sense, what leverage does he provide the Lannisters or the Freys?

As Bayard posted above, the Lannisters can use the existence of a living Tully to keep the Freys in line. However, it may be that if Roslin delivers a male heir, Edmure my suffer an "accident".

Edmure has been shown to be a caring ruler but not a warrior/fighter. When push comes to shove, he'll make the smart call that spares his people further hardship rather than the proud and "honourable" decision to continue fighting on principle. It makes a lot of sense for the Lannisters to keep him as the official Tully heir rather than let leadership pass to the combative and highly-respected Blackfish.

To understand Jaime's actions in AFFC, you have to realize that as far as he knows, the war is winding down with the Lannister/Tyrell alliance in full control. He's looking forward and trying to establish a maintainable peace. The Riverlands are crushed. It's time to withdraw the fist and show them an open hand. Demonstrate that those who lay down arms and accept Tommen's rule will see tangible benefits. If Cersei wasn't undermining their power base back in KL, these would be wise moves.

Roslin is in the line of succession for the Twins, and so are any children of hers. It's possible that if all of the Riverrun Freys die, it'll be passed down the same line of succession.

That is, it's possible for Roslin&Edmure to inherit the Twins and Riverrun completely naturally, if by naturally you mean after most of her family is slaughtered by his undead sister and her band of outlaws.

Roslin is in the line of succession for the Twins, and so are any children of hers. It's possible that if all of the Riverrun Freys die, it'll be passed down the same line of succession.

That is, it's possible for Roslin&Edmure to inherit the Twins and Riverrun completely naturally, if by naturally you mean after most of her family is slaughtered by his undead sister and her band of outlaws.

You'd need to slay a lot of Freys for that outcome. Including some young children.

As Bayard posted above, the Lannisters can use the existence of a living Tully to keep the Freys in line. However, it may be that if Roslin delivers a male heir, Edmure my suffer an "accident".

Edmure has been shown to be a caring ruler but not a warrior/fighter. When push comes to shove, he'll make the smart call that spares his people further hardship rather than the proud and "honourable" decision to continue fighting on principle. It makes a lot of sense for the Lannisters to keep him as the official Tully heir rather than let leadership pass to the combative and highly-respected Blackfish.

To understand Jaime's actions in AFFC, you have to realize that as far as he knows, the war is winding down with the Lannister/Tyrell alliance in full control. He's looking forward and trying to establish a maintainable peace. The Riverlands are crushed. It's time to withdraw the fist and show them an open hand. Demonstrate that those who lay down arms and accept Tommen's rule will see tangible benefits. If Cersei wasn't undermining their power base back in KL, these would be wise moves.

Gotcha, but regardless, Roslyn is still at the Towers so either way, the Freys control Edmurems heir.

The Tully's are down, but not out. Edmure and his heir still being alive does not bode well for the Frey's.

The fact that Tom of Sevenstreams is in Riverrun suggests the castle will be under new management pretty soon.

You beat me to it. Tom Sevenstrings will have Riverrun back to rebelling in no time at all. They will unite the Riverlands and destroy the Freys as soon as the rivers are frozen.

Archived