Wiki 'Mistakes'

The BlackBear

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/History_of_Tourneys_in_Westeros

Tourney for Prince Joffrey's 12th Name Day

Date: 297AL, Main article: Tourney for Prince Joffrey's 12th Name Day

Tourney for King Joffrey's 13th name day

Date: 299AL, Main article: Tourney for King Joffrey's 13th Name Day

Somethings seems off here regarding Prince / Kings Joffrey's nameday tournaments... Other wiki pages have the same info.

Or can it be chidren born of incest do age only a year after two years have passed? :devil: :devil: :devil:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/History_of_Tourneys_in_Westeros

Somethings seems off here regarding Prince / Kings Joffrey's nameday tournaments... Other wiki pages have the same info.

Or can it be chidren born of incest do age only a year after two years have passed? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Haha, Joffrey is mentioned to be twelve multiple times in aGoT, and turns 13 in aCoK, in 299 AC.

So the tourney for Joff's 12th nameday happens in the early months of 298 AC, about a fortnight before Jon Arryn died (as Robert's mentions).

• 1 month later...

Martyn Lannister should be edited to be the heir apparent of Casterly rock and the westerlands, seeing as all those before him in line is either dead(tywin, kevan, willem. Or they have taken wows(Jaime, Lancel) or they have been condemned by the king (tyrion) Or they are women or sons of women (Cersei, Tommen)

Martyn Lannister should be edited to be the heir apparent of Casterly rock and the westerlands, seeing as all those before him in line is either dead(tywin, kevan, willem. Or they have taken wows(Jaime, Lancel) or they have been condemned by the king (tyrion) Or they are women or sons of women (Cersei, Tommen)

A daughter comes before an uncle in the inheritance, and her children thus as well. Cersei is now officially the Lady of Casterly Rock, as Tywins last remaining heir. After her, her eldest living son will inherit, which, in this case, is Tommen. Since Tommen is also King, he'll have two seats that need to be filled after his passing. Tommen can either pass CR on to his second born son (the firsborn will inherit the throne), or decide to give CR to a cousin of his, since it would be difficult to hold both the IT and CR. Though a castellan can be named until Tommen's second born son comes of age.

In any case, Martyn is not the heir apparent to CR :)

• 3 weeks later...

A daughter comes before an uncle in the inheritance, and her children thus as well. Cersei is now officially the Lady of Casterly Rock, as Tywins last remaining heir.

Except that they don't in Westeros customs. Aegon III had three daughters but the crown passed to his brother Viserys II once his sons were dead. Female heirs are after all male heirs of any male line. Sons come before uncles but daughters only come before bastards. The only cases of titles passing to a female decendent involve all male heirs being dead or disowned.

Except that they don't in Westeros customs. Aegon III had three daughters but the crown passed to his brother Viserys II once his sons were dead. Female heirs are after all male heirs of any male line. Sons come before uncles but daughters only come before bastards. The only cases of titles passing to a female decendent involve all male heirs being dead or disowned.

In the North, Alys Karstark inherits before her fathers uncle does, because she is Rickards daughter. The inheritance of Karstark goes from her father to her brothers to her. Should she die, the castle passes on to her fathers uncle, and his children after him.

Just as Winterfell would now (with Bran and Rickon presumed dead) go to Sansa, because she's Ned's daughter, and not to the first male cousin that can be traced back.

The Iron Throne is something different. Before the Dance of the Dragons, the females could inherit before some males. After the Dance, in an attempt to avoid such fighting amongst the royal family again, all females were excluded from inheritance. That's why for the throne, all males come before the females in the line of inheritance. This is also why Viserys II inherited the Iron Throne over his niece Daena, for example. Daena was excluded, along with her sisters, due to the rules made about Throne inheritance after the Dance ended.

Cersei is specifically stated as the Lady of Casterly Rock. She holds the Rock now. And her eldest child will inherit.

I was reading in Daenery's page in the wiki and it says this:

"During the event Strong Belwas consumes poisoned locusts that were most likely meant for Daenerys and her black dragon Drogon appears, drawn to the screams of the crowd and the smell of death."

I think this sentence could confuse someone into thinking that Drogon was getting poisoned as well. Perhaps someone can change it to this:

"During the event Strong Belwas consumes poisoned locusts (that were most likely meant for Daenerys) and her black dragon Drogon appears, drawn to the screams of the crowd and the smell of death."

I have been using the wiki for a while now but I'm new to the forum and I have no idea how to edit the wiki. Thanks.

If you log into the wiki (upper right corner, click "log in") using the same username and password that you use for the forum, you can then go to every page and click on edit on the right side of the page. You can also click on edit after ech "title" on every page. The edit buttons will appear after you've logged in :)

Edit: and of course: welcome! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Jeyne Westerling's age is also off, as she's said to be born during 284. Yet during the council meeting in Tyrion's chapter in ASOS, Jeyne is said to be 16 years old, the same age as Robb. Therefore, she should be born during 283.

And another thing that confuses me is on Littlefinger's page, he is described as having handsome features, yet I can't seem to find this anywhere in the books. Catelyn refers to him having sharp features, but nobody ever calls him handsome or ugly, so I assumed he was just plain. I think the show may have rubbed off on some book readers, or it may have been Self Fanservice on account of Littlefinger fangirls.

Guest Rights is for neither the host nor the guest to harm each other if I'm correct, according to the Wiki. I haven't seen it mentioned before that Jaime, Cersei and Joffrey all broke it when Jaime pushed Bran (a sort of host) from the window, Cersei encouraged him and Joffrey sent the assassin after Bran.

Jaime lost his right hand, Joffrey has obviously gotten his, and Cersei has yet to really get her punishment. She loved Joffrey and his death was her torture, but Joffrey broke it so the 2 broken GR's wouldn't/shouldn't fall into one punishment. This might be why Maggie the Frog foretold of Cersei outliving her children then being strangled by her "little" brother, because she would break GR.

• 5 weeks later...

The list of historical Lords of Winterfell appears to be in the wrong chronological order on the wiki. The wiki states that while no precise order exists, the list is believed to be in rough chronological order.

And yet it lists Brandon the Shipwright and his son, Brandon the Builder, in the distant past, long before Jon Stark who founded the Wolfsden at White Harbor. This is very different from the order in which Bran lists the statues in the crypts, which has Brandon the Shipwright not long before Torhenn Stark.

• 3 weeks later...

House Manderly page:

Historical Members

I'm guessing it's Manderly over there as well?

I can't correct it, I don't have access.

Archived