Remaining characters uncast yet for S3.

Arkash

I do hope they sort of separate out Lem Lemoncloak/the one eyed BWB guy and have a minor actor play them, because they represent the dark side of the BWB that will become important later. I also hope we see at least a featured extra (do those have lines?) for Ned Dayne. I mean, it's not only going to be Anguy, obviously, but I hope they take the time to characterize a couple of other guys, and not just have it all be silent extras standing/sitting around to add bodies to a scene.

I would love to see Ned Dayne, especially if him and Arya had the conversation about him and Jon being milk brothers. It'd really re-open the issue of Jon's bastardry and parentage for the tv audience, since it's been neglected entirely since Ned and Robert's conversation on the Kingsroad.

It's probably wishful thinking, but I do think they have to start sprinkling in some information to set up the eventual reveal of Jon's parents, whenever that is.

I just hope Beric, Thoros, and Anguy aren't the only Brotherhood members in the show. Don't they kind of need Harwin to recognize Arya? Lemoncloak and Tom O'Sevens would be cool too.

While I agree they should have more than the three, I almost have a feeling that Thoros will recognize Arya by "seeing her in the flames" since they like to play that up so much. Not saying its gonna happen, but its a way for them to explain Arya w/o Harwin, who would kinda be a random character to introduce at this point.

Necessity

Ramsay

Mace Tyrell

Mance

Daario

Val (she's much more important later on, not necessarily now though)

Not necessary, but it would add to the story

Belwas- I dont think they need him, they can have Barristan fight the guy outside one of the Slaver Cities, but I like him.

Dalla- She's gone as soon as she arrives it seems, plus her and Val might get confusing for some

Jarl- Not necessary at all. Maybe Orell will take his position

Styr- See Jarl

You're forgetting Vargo! ;)

Dalla- She's gone as soon as she arrives it seems, plus her and Val might get confusing for some

Why ? It would just require for Mance to present Dalla as his pregnant wife and Val as her sister in a same sentence, when both are present to differenciate them enough !

If you're attempting to combine some characters for more economy in storytelling, does it not make sense to essentially give Daario the Belwas role? He could be introduced along with Selmy and be the "warrior bodyguard" guy who Dany is actually attracted to as opposed to some grungy sellsword. He could be the one who kills the champion outside of Mereen and then is entrusted with Dany's protection along with Selmy. It would give Dany a more logical reason to be attracted to a good looking bodyguard rather than an untrustworthy, swarthy sellsword who talks to her a couple of times which appears to compel her to open her legs so easily for him. Might make Dany's decision to hop into bed with him a little more sympathetic.

Regarding characters yet uncast - why are you guys forgetting Roslin Frey? She's kind of important, at least, if the Red Wedding is indeed in S3.

I cant see the Red Wedding happening until Season 4, in fact I think it may happen as the final episode of that season.

The only characters, as yet unconfirmed, that I am eagerly awaiting are Ramsey Snow and Barristan Selmy. Is there and word on Barristan's reapearance?

Yes, mentioned it before somewhere. Ian McElhinney is back filming in September.

I cant see the Red Wedding happening until Season 4, in fact I think it may happen as the final episode of that season.

This is very unlikely...

Regarding characters yet uncast - why are you guys forgetting Roslin Frey? She's kind of important, at least, if the Red Wedding is indeed in S3.

Yup... even though I guess this Myranda rumor is actually the new name they came out with for Roslin, which is too close to Ros...

Yes, mentioned it before somewhere. Ian McElhinney is back filming in September.

From what I read everywhere, it is sure he'll be back: his agent confirmed it, he's growing a beard, following GoT fellas on Twitter and the fanbase would find it extremly scandalous if he wasnt coming back...

Despite... they are doing such an incredible job of adaptation, I cant see how they would omiss him !

It would give Dany a more logical reason to be attracted to a good looking bodyguard rather than an untrustworthy, swarthy sellsword who talks to her a couple of times which appears to compel her to open her legs so easily for him.

I'd prefer the opposite: Daario needs to remind this sellsword, it is too much linked to the character and why Dany felt for him.

But the only main action of Belwas was to kill the Meereenese champion, and that can be given to Daario. This way he will win even more Dany's trust, if they decide to cut Yunka'ï and Daario's actions there !

OH PLEASE GOD. Noah Taylor is so awesome. Watch him in "Submarine," a great Welsh film. However, it is sort of hard for me to see him as Ramsay, Vargo, or Mance... Mance seems likeliest, I guess.

Submarine was a great movie.

Ramsay- Next to impossible. He's almost as old as the guy who plays Roose.

Vargo- Possible. He doesn't quite have the look though imo

Like you said, Mance is the likeliest of the three.

Can't any extra in a tattered Stark uniform be Harwin? All he has to do is recognize Arya, briefly get her hopes up and quickly reveal he isn't on her side anymore in a handful of lines. They drag her to Beric instead of Robb and he's done.

Can't any extra in a tattered Stark uniform be Harwin? All he has to do is recognize Arya, briefly get her hopes up and quickly reveal he isn't on her side anymore in a handful of lines. They drag her to Beric instead of Robb and he's done.

Possibly, but as someone already said, I think they will economise and use it as a way to introduce Thoros as a Lord of Light, 'seeing her in the flames', something the audience recognises from Mel's character. The more characters that have lines the more confusing it is.

Archived