Will Dany ally with the Starks or make them enemy

Chacho88

What the Starks know, is that Dany's brother kidnapped and rapped their aunt and that her father killed their grandfather and uncle. What Dany knows is that Ned was on of those that killed her father, brother and nephews and disposssessed her and forced her and her brother into exile. Their starting point of any relationship will be mistrust if not outright hatred. The Starks did not grow up brooding about the life that they might have had like Dany, but now they have suffered loss as well and they are not going to appreciate someone fighting to vindicate people that did to their father, what the Lannisters did to them.

Sigh.

Dragons, as in, Targaryens. And when one or more of the dragons gets warged, then they will have a literal dragon.

lol im talking fire breathing dragons, not targaryens, and what if a dragon cant be warged? everything we discuss on these forums is if's cuz we have no clue where GRRM will take us

And that will be to her detriment.

Why, though? If the dragons can be warged (that's IF the dragons are really what will defeat the Others, which isn't a given at all), then why do they need her? They don't really even need her to get the North back; their bannermen are taking care of that for them.

I don't see the Starks getting pissed at her for what happened with Rickard and Brandon. I can see them, though, not wanting to be under Targ rule again (same goes for their bannermen).

If the Starks can warg the dragons, fight the others, and then kill the dragons that would be ideal. But if they can't, and if they've been unsuccessful fighting the Others with conventional weapons I fear they may feel they may need to ally with Dany. It's the last thing I want to happen, but it's possible.

That's why I wonder about Bloodraven's influence.

What the Starks know, is that Dany's brother kidnapped and rapped their aunt and that her father killed their grandfather and uncle. What Dany knows is that Ned was on of those that killed her father, brother and nephews and disposssessed her and forced her and her brother into exile. Their starting point of any relationship will be mistrust if not outright hatred. The Starks did not grow up brooding about the life that they might have had like Dany, but now they have suffered loss as well and they are not going to appreciate someone fighting to vindicate people that did to their father, what the Lannisters did to them.

no but if they dont ally it will mean war between them, that might give them pause to rethink,

Bran is the most powerful warg in the world, he could warg a dragon. and there is no evidence at all that dragons cant be warged. If dany tries anything, she will lose drogon and then he will kill the other two and whoever is riding them.

lol im talking fire breathing dragons, not targaryens, and what if a dragon cant be warged? everything we discuss on these forums is if's cuz we have no clue where GRRM will take us

Someone did ask him about dragons being warged and the answer was vague but seemed to suggest not if, but when.

Seriously, you have three wild animals and five kids, plus Bloodraven, with an innate talent for possessing and controlling wild animals. Should I draw a diagram? :P

I think aegons alliance with the usurpers dogs are the reason the second dance of the dragon starts

This is an interesting idea, because how is aegon going to get a dragon for the dance? Unless the dance is between north/vale/riverlands with bran warging a dragon, and the reach and dorne with dany viserion and rhaegal.

Someone did ask him about dragons being warged and the answer was vague but seemed to suggest not if, but when.

Seriously, you have three wild animals and five kids, plus Bloodraven, with an innate talent for possessing and controlling wild animals. Should I draw a diagram? :P

id like a diargram since ur offering lol and i wouldnt trust anything GRRM says, i always believed that Bran would one day warg a dragon which would be so cool, but u gotta think on the other side too, if he could warg one dragon, why not all 3? and rule the world lol

id like a diargram since ur offering lol and i wouldnt trust anything GRRM says, i always believed that Bran would one day warg a dragon which would be so cool, but u gotta think on the other side too, if he could warg one dragon, why not all 3? and rule the world lol

What's the difference between Bran ruling the world with three dragons and Dany ruling the world with three dragons? Is one more or less acceptable to you than the other?

What's the difference between Bran ruling the world with three dragons and Dany ruling the world with three dragons? Is one more or less acceptable to you than the other?

dany cant control her dragons for shit, if she could, shed no be where she is now

dany cant control her dragons for shit, if she could, shed no be where she is now

I'm sorry but the way you type is extremely distracting.

I don't suppose you know which SSM that's in? Else I'm off to look.

I don't, sorry. They're not organized by topic either so good luck finding it. I think it might have come from a Q&A more recently though, since ADWD was published.

If Cersei finds out if Bran does warg a dragon, she is going to wish Jaime dropped him a second time!

She never could have planned for that

Money can't buy you wargs. Sorry, on a re-read and Cersei is particularly nasty in this chapter.

Archived