Areo Hotah vs Ser Gregor

Bran-Stark

Areo Hotah vs Ser Gregor Clegane (before he died, or got zombified etc.)

Now these are two very large, powerful characters, although both are past there prime, with the right motivation, I believe they would both be formidable opponents to one another.

Areo Hotah - knows that if he dies, then doran martell shall too - that should be sufficient motivation to get him ready, for a real brawl.

Ser Gregor Clegane - If he claims victory, he is allowed to loot and burn the whole of Dorne if he wishes.

Both are fully armed and armoured.

Who do you think would win, and please give reasons as to why?

Do we know what kind of Prowess Areo has?

To this point in the novels the only actual fighting we have seen him do was to finish off the KG member who had just ridden into a couple of dozen crossbowmen.

This goes to Ser Gregor without any hesitation just on history alone.

Also whats up with the raping of the sandsnakes? you really think they will just let that happen, They are all well trained, and knowledgeable in their fathers poisons, Gregor wouldn't survive past the first one.

if arya was a few years older id marry her

Weirdest thing I've seen on these forums. If you're any older than 12, I'm turning you in to the authorities. Also, OP, let's not make jokes about rewarding characters with the chance to sexually assault other characters in jest, it isn't cool.

Me. I'd win.

Because whichever one dies, I win. If somehow they both die, I win twice.

Edit: Wait, what? I just read through more carefully. Rape every one of the Sand Snakes?!! Is this sort of thing really necessary?

Hahahaha he edited it out

Anyway, I think Areo will give him a good fight, and just when you think Gregor's done for, he'll grab Areo's face, yell at him a little, and crush his skull. Cause that's how most fights go these days

We need more information about Areo and his fighting ability to really judge this fight fairly, but I'll go with the Mountain for now due to Areo being older and probably not having the quickness needed to avoid the Mountain's range.

Weirdest thing I've seen on these forums. If you're any older than 12, I'm turning you in to the authorities. Also, OP, let's not make jokes about rewarding characters with the chance to sexually assault other characters in jest, it isn't cool.

Either anything is funny or nothing is.

Moving along, Money's on the Mountain. Hotah is cool but I think the sheer size and ferocity of the Mountain would take down Hotah.

Does it matter if Areo isn't intimidated? Also, they both have pretty tough names, which name would win in a battle to the death? Gregor Clegane (Clegane sounds like a blunt object used in battle) or Areo Hotah?

Gregor Clegane would beat anyone in certain conditions. In duels like the one during Tyrion's trial of innocance on a flat serface and in armour I don't see any character beating him. Sandor, Berestan, Victarion, Areo, Bronn (and obviously Oberyn), no one could beat him.

In other circumstances like on the battlefield or on a ship during a boarding action, things would be different. His large size and the battlefield conditions can lead to even the whimpiest of men dragging him down and slitting his throat.

As for Robert Strong...well I don't know what Frankenclegane 2.0 is capable of.

if arya was a few years older id marry her

I prefer Sansa (as in tv-Sansa). I am allowed to say this, because I am 16 aswell.

On-topic, I think Gregor will win. Definetly.

Gregor would crush the guy hands down, he didn't get the reputation he has by being a pushover. Areo Speedwagon has spent years standing behind a princes chair, he might train some, but he has virtually no combat experience that we know of, and Gregor has tons of experience. One week of fighting in war is worth a year of training for one.

Archived