Calling all Stannis champions!

E-Ro

Has anyone else come to accept Stannis' actions in the Blackwater episode of the TV show (first off the boats, NOT WEARING A HELMET, then first up the ladder and forcefully punching shields out of his way and STILL NOT WEARING A HELMET) as actual canon...they never said anywhere that he DIDN'T do that. Tyrion THOUGHT he would lead from behind, but we don't actually KNOW.

GRRM wrote it, so it's legit in my eyes as well. I was happy as hell watching that part of the episode. My king was so sexy and badass! :D

wasn't it totally heartbreaking for us loyal Stannis bannermen to watch his own men drag him away when the battle was lost?

My eyes became watery. My friends couldn't understand why I was so sad, and I couldn't explain it to them. :crying:

ETA: also the blackwater episode inspired my user name, and wasn't it totally heartbreaking for us loyal Stannis bannermen to watch his own men drag him away when the battle was lost?

I legitimately flipped the chair I was sitting in over. I was so angry...and I knew it was gonna happen to but still...why...

Robb Stark

My second favorite king! A part of me wanted Stannis to accept Robb as the King in the North, so they could join their forces to crush the Lannisters. It would have been awesome, but I understand that it could never be due to the same personality traits I have come to adore in both of them.

My second favorite king! A part of me wanted Stannis to accept Robb as the King in the North, so they could join their forces to crush the Lannisters. It would have been awesome, but I understand that it could never be due to the same personality traits I have come to adore in both of them.

If only Ned had gotten a raven off telling Robb he intended to put Stannis on the Iron Throne, perhaps the Northmen would have honoured Ned's and gone to his cause.

Instead the only alternatives they think they have when they crown Robb are Joffrey and Renly.

How do you guys think he is going to handle the two armies coming? Will the Manderlys turn their cloaks now? Every time I remember the pink letter, it's like worms in my stomach.

edit: Is this off-topic?

I think Robb probably would have given up his position as "King" if Stannis offered him the Lord of Winterfell/Warden of the North position in it's place - Stannis was even willing to name Renly his heir. I liked Robb too and I always got the sense that there was sort of an unspoken alliance between Stannis and Robb anyway - Robb initially wanted to declare for Stannis, Edmure and The Riverlords were pushing for him to win Blackwater, even Stannis himself admitted to respecting Robb/didn't seem particuarly happy to hear of his demise. Notice those two never actually fought each other and I kind of doubt they ever would have.

How do you guys think he is going to handle the two armies coming? Will the Manderlys turn their cloaks now? Every time I remember the pink letter, it's like worms in my stomach.

I think so. I also wouldnt be surprised if a Reed/Glover/Mormont/maybe Blackfish force comes up from Greywater Watch to make an epic tide turning assist for Stannis ala Tywin at Blackwater. I mean...I get that GRRM hates us too much for that to happen but it'd be SO awesome. But even if not I still see Stannis beating the Boltons in TWoW - he was made for that type of stuff.

edit: Is this off-topic?

If you've read the WoW preview chapter, some people theorise:

Stannis has given Lightbringer to the Manderly's as a ploy to get the Freys/Boltons to think he's dead. The idea is to get their guard down, then the Manderly's let Stannis' forces into Winterfell and let chaos ensue.

Alternatively, some people think Stannis' forces are going to use the frozen lake to negate the Boltons/Frey's heavy horse advantage.

If you've read the WoW preview chapter, some people theorise:

Stannis has given Lightbringer to the Manderly's as a ploy to get the Freys/Boltons to think he's dead. The idea is to get their guard down, then the Manderly's let Stannis' forces into Winterfell and let chaos ensue.

Alternatively, some people think Stannis' forces are going to use the frozen lake to negate the Boltons/Frey's heavy horse advantage.

Yeah I remember first I thought this Theon chapter was after all the events in ADWD, then Stannis comes up and I'm all like "yeah!" but as I keep reaading it's obvious it before the battle.

The chapter gave me hope and those are interesting predictions. Also it seems to predictable for him to die, STILL it's GRRM we're talking about, that makes me even more nervous!

I kind of supported Stannis in ACoK since he was the rightful heir and he would get rid of Joffrey and Cersei. I kind of soured on him with the shadowbabies. Stannis then became the man when he went up to The Wall. His lines at the Wall and banter with Jon clinched my support for King Stannis, the True King of Westeros.

Also, having Davos as your right hand man can only help your cause.

I hope he ends up on the Iron Throne but I think his destiny is to assist the Night Watch's one last time against The Others.

Yeah I remember first I thought this Theon chapter was after all the events in ADWD, then Stannis comes up and I'm all like "yeah!" but as I keep reaading it's obvious it before the battle.

The chapter gave me hope and those are interesting predictions. Also it seems to predictable for him to die, STILL it's GRRM we're talking about, that makes me even more nervous!

Stannis basically saying "you may hear I have died, it may even be true" effectively dispelled my belief Stannis was actually dead.

Not to mention, if Ramsay wins the battle against Stannis, why is he asking Jon for his Reek? Theon is with Stannis.

I like Stannis for various reasons. I like that he is so stubborn and doesnt deviate from his goals especially when he rightly considers himself as Roberts heir, as he says its not about doing what he wants. Rather its about doing what needs to be done, a realisation that Davos certainly helped bring about. That he and his army came to aid the NW at the Wall speaks in his favor imo. I like that he is so frank all the time, even when it hurts his cause IE when dealing with those bannermen previously loyal to Renly. When at first it was appearent that he wasnt liked, compared to Renly and Robb, I had to cheer for the guy.

Just wanted to say your user name/av is great. That part of the King in the north scene is too funny. Here are all these lords debating the merits of declaring for this king or that and out of the darkness comes..."RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!"

We can only hope that when/if GRRM ever decides to bring Galbart Glover back into the books (hopefully the way I suggested), in some other random war council meeting he will provide his unparalleled insight on Renly once again, no matter how irrelevant it is at this point.

I submit for your consideration...

He reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights...I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.

This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

-Tywin Lannister

One found Stannis though, one reached Dragonstone, and a king who still cared"

He means to kill me. The thought was queerly comforting. Death did not frighten Theon Greyjoy. Death would mean an end to pain. "Be done with me, then," he urged the king. "Take off my head off and stick it on a spear. I slew Lord Eddard's sons, I ought to die. But do it quick. He is coming."

"Who is coming? Bolton?"

"Lord Ramsay," Theon hissed. "The son, not the father. You must not let him take him. Roose... Roose is safe within the walls of Winterfell with his fat new wife. Ramsay is coming."

"Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!" Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay Bolton, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his name, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by.

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

There is no one in Westeros, Essos, Sothoros nor all the lands from the from the wildling kingdoms Beyond the Wall to Asshai and it's shadow more worthy of loyalty, more deserving of respect, than Stannis Baratheon.

I pledge that from this day until the day he is seated on his rightful throne, I will fight for Stannis Baratheon with all of my might, serve him with all of my ability, and honor him with all of my loyalty. No man will serve the rightful king with more passion and determination than I, although many of my brothers will match it. And if the Lord of Light sees fit to take me before the king has won his crown, I will return from the grave to finish my duty. May no man stand in my way, for to oppose me is to oppose Stannis, and all who oppose the rightful king will perish, for Ours Is The Fury.

All hail Stannis Baratheon, the Unbroken, first of his name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and the One True King.

For the night is dark and full of terrors, but Stannis will guide us home.

Archived