Calling all Stannis champions!

E-Ro

I Jon's Queen Consort declare my loyalty to the true King on the Iron Throne Stannis Baratheon the First of His Name The King in the Narrow Sea and The King at the Wall King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men Lord of the Seven Kingdoms Protector of the Realm

because as Varys said

There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man

I may be a supporter of King Jon but I would like Stannis on the Iron Trone and Jon as King in the North. Do this count?

To Dragonstone I pledge the faith of Nyrhex. Hearth and harvest I yield up to you, my lord. My swords and spears and arrows are yours to command. Grant mercy to our weak, help to our helpless, and justice to all, and we shall never fail you.

I swear it by earth and water.

I swear it by bronze and iron.

I swear it by ice and fire.

King Stannis is my god.

*bends the knee to the one true king*

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Here are some (just some because I have a never ending list ) of the things I love about Stannis Baratheon:

• his backstory -- seeing how they shaped him & how it impacts his decisions
  • he is one salty motherf*cker (even his drink is pinched with salt); the Verbal Bitch Slapper of Westeros
  • he is the Determinator of ASOIAF, & it's quite inspiring :wub:
  • he has the best battle cry name. Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS! :commie:
  • I find his interactions with other characters (& what other characters think of him) always intriguing
  • he is unintentionally hilarious, I don't know how anyone can say he is boring
  • Stannis is the BAMFiest bamf that ever bamf'd. True story.

It took me some time to actually appreciate this character, but once I did I knew I'd stay with him until the very bitter end.

:cheers:

*bends the knee to the one true king*

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Here are some (just some because I have a never ending list ) of the things I love about Stannis Baratheon:

• his backstory -- seeing how they shaped him & how it impacts his decisions
  • he is one salty motherf*cker (even his drink is pinched with salt); the Verbal Bitch Slapper of Westeros
  • he is the Determinator of ASOIAF, & it's quite inspiring :wub:
  • he has the best battle cry name. Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS! :commie:
  • I find his interactions with other characters (& what other characters think of him) always intriguing
  • he is unintentionally hilarious, I don't know how anyone can say he is boring
  • Stannis is the BAMFiest bamf that ever bamf'd. True story.

It took me some time to actually appreciate this character, but once I did I knew I'd stay with him until the very bitter end.

:cheers:

I agree with all except that there's a tie at the bamf'est bamf ever between Stannis and Arya.

Fun fact guys, GRRM wrote that episode, meaning all the Stannis head chopping in half and first up the ladder, first on the beach stuff is totally legit. Also FYI i'm out of likes(for...some reason?) but just know all the stuff you guys are saying is great. Remember this is just like an appreciation thread let's keep it snark free, so far we've only had one intruder.

ETA: also the blackwater episode inspired my user name, and wasn't it totally heartbreaking for us loyal Stannis bannermen to watch his own men drag him away when the battle was lost?

GRRM wrote it, so it's legit in my eyes as well. I was happy as hell watching that part of the episode. My king was so sexy and badass! :D

Oh, my dear StanBam, I like Stannis too and it pains me to say this, but GRRM had nothing to do with Stannis' actions in the Blackwater episode. The script he wrote had Stannis leading from the rear like the books. The director changed it to show Stannis fighting and leading the charge, he felt it made for better TV. Martin didn't know anything about it. So, it's really not canon. Also, the scene earlier in the episode between the hound and Bronn wasn't done by Martin either. That was written by D&D.

Sorry. :(

I like Stannis. I think he's a pretty cool guy, eh kills traitors and doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, Stannis is freaking awesome. I've always liked him. I stood by him when my friend who has some irrational hatred for him tried to convince me to hate him too because of the whole leeches and Robb Stark business even though I kept telling him that Stannis didn't have anything to do with the Red Wedding. I've just grown really fond of that grouchy, badass mofo.

And when he came North and rescued the Wall my love for him grew even more.

"I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne."

Spoken like a true king. I love you Stannis.

Lyanna Mormont actually supported Stannis. She tried to write 'Stannis' but she couldn't spell it and wrote Stark, assuming both want the Boltons out. It is known.

Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. The Light against the Darkness, Shield of the Realm, Breaker of the Ironborn, Savior of the Realm.

Stannis grew on me. Like everyone else, I was for Robb Stark until he died, and then I began to realize that Stannis was actually a good King. He listens to Lord Davos and Jon Snow, despite the fact that one is a smuggler and the other a bastard. He's everything you need in a King. Stannis doesn't take any bullsh***, he's a great commander, he's just, and he has his priorities in order. Unlike The Lannisters, Stannis doesn't want to be Kign for the power, he wants to be King because it is his duty to his brother and his daughter. Unlike the Tyrells, he doesn't want it for prestige. Since the King on the Iron Throne probably can't be a Stark. Stannis is the best candidate.

This makes sense to me.

Oh why can't Stannis have as much love from Westerosi lords as he has from the forums?

A number of reasons. He's dour and humourless where his brothers were gregarious and charismatic. Before he came to the wall he made real attempts to forge alliances with any of the great houses or build up a powerbase, He's seen as overly strict and puritanical and lords tend to reject centralised authority. Allying with a foreign god probably didn't help either.

In short, he really needs to work on his PR skills.

Archived