Calling all Stannis champions!

E-Ro

i think Stannis has best claim (even thu Daenerys Targaryen lives - her father lost the war making Robert king)

Stannis is kinda cruel and wanna burn Weirwoods, he killed Robb , and he is giving trouble to Jon .

I like him for being able to forgive to loyal men (Davos) , for showing up on the Wall as first and so far only person that claims Iron Throne.

If not Weirwoods and Robb i'd be with him 100% , but being as it is i may even like

Daenerys better (and i don't like her at all) on the throne (becouse she may give CastelyRock beck to Tyrion - witch would make Lanisters awsome )

edit : i realise it should be a topic for those that support Stannis but i couldn't help saying what i said also i'm not against him being AA or the King

i think Stannis has best claim (even thu Daenerys Targaryen lives - her father lost the war making Robert king)

Stannis is kinda cruel and wanna burn Weirwoods, he killed Robb , and he is giving trouble to Jon .

I like him for being able to forgive to loyal men (Davos) , for showing up on the Wall as first and so far only person that claims Iron Throne.

If not Weirwoods and Robb i'd be with him 100% , but being as it is i may even like

Daenerys better (and i don't like her at all) on the throne (becouse she may give CastelyRock beck to Tyrion - witch would make Lanisters awsome )

edit : i realise it should be a topic for those that support Stannis but i couldn't help saying what i said also i'm not against him being AA or the King

That is understandable, but I would like to say stannis did not kill robb. Melisandre knew robb would die so she created this act to make it look like she had more power then she really did. Stannis is in no way responsible for robbs death he even hesitates with the leech. As for the weirwoods, I cant defend him on that. I honestly think stannis and robb would never have fought each other, they seem to have an unspoken respect for each other. I think stannis would be ok with the northmen ruling themselves, adwd stannis not clash stannis, he has come so far as a person.

Oh come now, it's unfair to say Stannis killed Robb. Leeches have little and less magic in them. If they were behind Robb's death, they would have killed him the last as his was the last leech to burn. Many contributed to Robb's death (Tywin, Boltons, Freys, Westerlings) but not Stannis.

Of course Stannis would not have wanted Robb alive, in the end, since eventually they would need to face off as Stannis would not accept a divided kingdom and I doubt Robb would bend the knee..Though Stannis did not kill Robb. It was the Frey crossbowmen, and Roose with his sword, that killed him..

What the previous posters said, and also during that time Stannis was beginning to lose his confidence in R'hllor's powers, so Melisandre had to put on that show. Those leeches did not cause Robb, Balon or Joffrey's death.

I cannot wait for winds of winter, we will finally see stannis in action first hand. His tactical genius will finally be known and not even debatable. I dont expect it to be easy, nothing ever is but he will triumph over the boltons. Stannis will defend his realm from winter itself or die trying that is why I love stannis and pledge my keyboard and my free time at work to him. Not everyone will agree with our support and love of the man but as a wise person once said, haters gonna hate.

All hail king stannis Baratheon! The righful king of westeros!

Do we even need to ask about his tactics? He defeated the Iron Fleet. Sure he lost the Blackwater but that was because he listened to that idiot admiral of his and didn't entrust Davos.

Also I'm plesently surprised Third World King and Dany4Eva haven't come to diss Stannis yet.

And his fleet was attacked by wildfire thus his defeat was not actually a defeat because he was not a good leader or commander, although he listened what Imry Florent said him, but what someone can do? He was family at the end of the day, but because his opponents used a deadly substance which can burn even on water and because Lannister and Tyrell's came to save the day. That wasn't a clear honorable battle, if it was Stannis should be the winner and the King on the Iron Throne.

And his fleet was attacked by wildfire thus his defeat was not actually a defeat because he was not a good leader or commander, although he listened what Imry Florent said him, but what someone can do? He was family at the end of the day, but because his opponents used a deadly substance which can burn even on water and because Lannister and Tyrell's came to save the day. That wasn't a clear honorable battle, if it was Stannis should be the winner and the King on the Iron Throne.

I do think that if Stannis should be critizised for anything at the Blackwater then its appointing Ser Imry Florent as naval commander. Sure they are "family" and the Florents vital for Stannis but were I him I would have given Ser Imry some other command. I would instead have had either Velaryon or Davos lead the naval forces. Either of these would do well, though of course some would mutter at having to serve under a smuggler, both being experienced at sea and knowing the Blackwater Rush. Velaryon would probably be the best choice, all things considered. He was also one of Stannis staunchest supporters, having been with him from the first. I guess Stannis took it for granted that with the large navy at his disposal there was no need for any particulary advanced strategy, or even caution for that matter. Which in itself is a mistake since having the fleet intact, suffering as few casualties as possible, is vital to Stannis if he would hope of defeating the Redwyne's etc. They would most likely still have lost but it might be that the losses wouldnt have been as severe.

Wow guys im glad to see so many loyal true folk. It gladdens my heart. And to all those asking if you can support the king in the north and stannis I say of course! This is my deepest fanboy wish/dream. Pre storm I was thinking it would work out perfectly, stannis in the south and rob in the north. I thought that was how it would work out, but then the rw happened. If jon or rickon become king in the north I would be happy, so long as they help put good king stannis on his rightful throne.

Stannis will never let a part of his realm secede. It's just not in his nature. There likely will be a Stark king at the end of the series, but no matter how you spin it, Stannis dies.

I can imagine him wearing a simple yet crowned helm, so that everyone can see that he is the king after all..I think he goes for what is practical first hand, and not decorative. We have already seen that he favors simple armor, at the scene with Cortnay Penrose, and I guess the same would be true of his helm. He is not a man like Robert or Renly to put antlers on his helm.. I imagine a crowned greathelm or a crowned bascinet..

Edit: Possibly something like this, might be too "light" though..http://historyshop.p...eval_helmet.jpg. Heck it looks quite good on the cover of MTWII..http://www.gamereact...eval2_99327.jpg

Full helm =/= great helm. A full helm can be an armet, a close helm, a great bascinet, etc., so long as it covers the entire head. I'd bet that most full helms are armets or great bascinets in Westeros, judging by the overall 15th century feel of the military factors. So Renly's helmet was more likely an armet or close helmet with relatively small antlers rather than those massive 13th century style helms with 1 meter long antlers we see in some deranged fan art.

I agree, however, that Stannis is likely to wear a crowned sallet. Sallets were extremely common for all ranks of a 15th century host, and Stannis's (kind of) real life prototype, Richard III of Gloucester, wore a crowned sallet as well.

Stannis will never let a part of his realm secede. It's just not in his nature. There likely will be a Stark king at the end of the series, but no matter how you spin it, Stannis dies.

I agree, he would not allow it most likely, but the northmen might grow on him and who knows? And it is very possible that stannis will die, but if he does he will die as a hero, a death worthy of song, the king who fought winter when no one else would.

1. As many have said, it was the Freys and Boltons who killed Robb. And in a way, Robb himself. He probably could have sussed that marrying Jeyne was not the "smart" choice but he went ahead and did it anyway. Setting off a chain of events that eventually led to his unfortunate demise.

2. Balon was killed by Euron, or rather, a Faceless man. Can't remember whose prophesy it was, but that was revealed. Balon's death was seen as coming from "A faceless man with a drowned crow on his shoulder" (quote is not exact).

3. The only death I can say Stannis directly contributed to is Renly's, but even that in of itself is a bit iffy. How much did he know about what Melisandre was cooking up? We can't be entirely certain.

Stannis will go down with his ship if need be, that is a quality I like in him. I think he is tactical enough to survive the Winter Battle, and he's just the sort of leader who can effectively rout out a force like the Boltons. Can anyone see Stannis losing in a battle of wits vs. the supposedly illiterate Ramsey? I thought not. I'm in the camp that think the frozen lake will be used to an advantage in the skirmish.

And even if Stannis does die ( :crying: ) there is still his daughter, Shireen, who he said to his men to fight for. Hopefully someone loyal pries her from her mother's clutches and carries on. Oh and there's another thing. Quite a few fathers in Westeros would have given up hope if a child like Shireen was their only child. Not Stannis. That man is a Real Man, father, and commander, and king!

:commie:

Edited - for spelling because I typed too fast in my enthusiasm xD

2. Balon was killed by Euron, or rather, a Faceless man. Can't remember whose prophesy it was, but that was revealed. Balon's death was seen as coming from "A faceless man with a drowned crow on his shoulder" (quote is not exact).

It was the Ghost of High Heart. I'm to lazy to look up the exact quote but it was something about a man with no face and a crow on his shoulder or something like that.

It was the Ghost of High Heart. I'm to lazy to look up the exact quote but it was something about a man with no face and a crow on his shoulder or something like that.

That sounds about right. Man with no face, drowned crow (with seaweed?) on his shoulder. So it was the one that Arya heard.

"I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings."

When reading ACOK, I was hoping that the battle at King's Landing would go in Stannis's favor and that he would seize the city. The foreshadowing with the green light from the fire forming weapon-like shapes late in the battle was highly irritating.

It is interesting to see his cause rejuvenating itself; hopefully he will continue to accumulate successes like he recently has.

Stannis is one of the more interesting of the kings and has some of the better set of allies (the North, Jon, Davos, the Iron Bank). His potential to be a very surprising factor against the real and fake Targaryens, as well as the Lannisters, should make his arc very entertaining to read in TWOW.

Hopefully he will gain the throne at some point. The Trix rabbit's foes spitefully sought to deny him a sample of that cereal. Perhaps, maybe, Stannis will act as a version of that rabbit who seizes a bowl (the throne in this case) and comments on its flavor?

It would be very funny if Daenerys slew the lies of several characters but one of those who lie was slain still won the throne despite having that happen, perhaps actually even prevailing against her own forces.

Archived