Calling all Stannis champions!

E-Ro

Oh, my dear StanBam, I like Stannis too and it pains me to say this, but GRRM had nothing to do with Stannis' actions in the Blackwater episode. The script he wrote had Stannis leading from the rear like the books. The director changed it to show Stannis fighting and leading the charge, he felt it made for better TV. Martin didn't know anything about it. So, it's really not canon. Also, the scene earlier in the episode between the hound and Bronn wasn't done by Martin either. That was written by D&D.

Sorry. :(

You're harshing my mellow K3!!

Jk. Oh well it was still really cool to see him kicking ass and takin' names.

As for the thread....it needs these little nuggets...

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here, this is not Kings Landing"

"'Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?' 'Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.'"

Forget Tyrion, Bronn, Patch face or whoever, nobody is lord of lawls quite like Stannis Baratheon.

Stannis!

Let me just say this: If Stannis becomes the Night King come-again, or enters other some such alliance with the Others I will still follow him. On the battlefield I could look to my right and left and see an army of the undead. But the name we shout is Stannis. And Stannis is just.

(though I do not think his character would do so, but who knows the truth of such things...)

The first time I read the books I didn't like Stannis. The second time though......I loved Stannis. I like him that much more because I have had to grow to appreciate him. He is a true leader. So long as he listens more to the Davos on his shoulder than the Mel on his shoulder, he should be good to go. Waiting on pins and needles for his fate in TWoW.

The first time I read the books I didn't like Stannis. The second time though......I loved Stannis. I like him that much more because I have had to grow to appreciate him. He is a true leader. So long as he listens more to the Davos on his shoulder than the Mel on his shoulder, he should be good to go. Waiting on pins and needles for his fate in TWoW.

amen. Great way of describing Stannis.

I agree with all except that there's a tie at the bamf'est bamf ever between Stannis and Arya.

Ahh of course, I love Arya too! :ninja: Now if only they'd team up.

Somewhere on Tumblr at some point I saw a GIF of that synched to Ridin Dirty but I can't for the life of me find it.

♫ They see me r’hlorring

They hating

Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty ♫

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:agree: especially on the bolded part. And Davos <3

Wow guys im glad to see so many loyal true folk. It gladdens my heart. And to all those asking if you can support the king in the north and stannis I say of course! This is my deepest fanboy wish/dream. Pre storm I was thinking it would work out perfectly, stannis in the south and rob in the north. I thought that was how it would work out, but then the rw happened. If jon or rickon become king in the north I would be happy, so long as they help put good king stannis on his rightful throne.

As for Stannis prowess in battle..I actually vastly prefer the Stannis we see in the books, rather then the show. Stannis doesnt have to fight like a whirlwind too be impressive. I like his more cautious approach, he is an experienced commander and knows that his primary role on the battlefield is to command and not to fight. I do beleive him to be a good fighter when called upon, I mean he is both big and brave and deteremined even if he lacks Robert's fury. I actually wouldnt mind if we never got to read about him doing any fighting, we have so many other characters that do that already..

As for Stannis prowess in battle..I actually vastly prefer the Stannis we see in the books, rather then the show. Stannis doesnt have to fight like a whirlwind too be impressive. I like his more cautious approach, he is an experienced commander and knows that his primary role on the battlefield is to command and not to fight. I do beleive him to be a good fighter when called upon, I mean he is both big and brave and deteremined even if he lacks Robert's fury. I actually wouldnt mind if we never got to read about him doing any fighting, we have so many other characters that do that already..

I kind of agree, the least they could have done was given him a helmet. But it was nice to see him go all young wolf on the lannisters. That was an amazing episode and the rains of castamere at the end fit well. Damn lannisters.

I kind of agree, the least they could have done was given him a helmet. But it was nice to see him go all young wolf on the lannisters. That was an amazing episode and the rains of castamere at the end fit well. Damn lannisters.

Yeah well that scene, storming a city and charge in without a helmet is..interesting I suppose..Though it might not be unheard of, considering Stannis is a Baratheon but still..

What helmet do you think Stannis wears if he's in a battle? I doubt its anything as obnoxious as Robert's Stag helmet (which is cool, but a bit much). I just wonder if Stannis has a personal helm made....

What helmet do you think Stannis wears if he's in a battle? I doubt its anything as obnoxious as Robert's Stag helmet (which is cool, but a bit much). I just wonder if Stannis has a personal helm made....

I can imagine him wearing a simple yet crowned helm, so that everyone can see that he is the king after all..I think he goes for what is practical first hand, and not decorative. We have already seen that he favors simple armor, at the scene with Cortnay Penrose, and I guess the same would be true of his helm. He is not a man like Robert or Renly to put antlers on his helm.. I imagine a crowned greathelm or a crowned bascinet..

Edit: Possibly something like this, might be too "light" though..http://historyshop.piratemerch.com/images/300420_medieval_helmet.jpg. Heck it looks quite good on the cover of MTWII..http://www.gamereactor.se/media/93/medieval2_99327.jpg

I can imagine him wearing a simple yet crowned helm, so that everyone can see that he is the king after all..I think he goes for what is practical first hand, and not decorative. We have already seen that he favors simple armor, at the scene with Cortnay Penrose, and I guess the same would be true of his helm. He is not a man like Robert or Renly to put antlers on his helm..

I actually quite like the last two. I just wonder if he'd make it more "flamey" because of that whole Lord of Light business.

I picture stannis wearing a run of the mill sallet helm from the late 1400 to 1500 europe. It is good protection and a common choice among the nobility. He might have some added decor like a crown or flames but he is not renly or robert to be very ostentatious. He also most likely wears a full plate harness into battle, to keep him safe even if he is not going to be fighting. I could talk about stannis for hours.

I had some suggestions of slightly "lighter" helms in my edited post above that wont provide as much cover as say a greathelm or a sallet helm yet atleast people will see that its Stannis and his line of sight wouldnt be hindered. Edit: Though if the man on the cover of the MTWII pic had a greathelm he might not have had as many scars! :D

Archived