Winds of Winter Total War - theory

Brandon Martell

I don't like to make definitive statements, but there is a 0% chance of Roose Bolton leading a northern army to take control of the Riverlands during winter when the others are coming. Not to mention that in all likelyhood he would have already been defeated by Stannis. 0.

Have you not been hearing the Night's Watch for the past 5 books? NO ONE cares about the Others. No one except the Night's Watch and possibly Stannis. No one believes they exist in the first place.

There's an almost 100% chance that the Tyrells and Lannisters will go to war, and it will more than likely be orchestrated by Varys, because as we all know he wants to create as much chaos as possible so Aegon can take the throne with ease. I also don't think we'll see the Boltons do much more if Stannis takes Winterfell, in fact Stannis may name himself or someone close to him as regent to Rickon, but who knows, it seems impossible to predict what GRRM will do.

Have you not been hearing the Night's Watch for the past 5 books? NO ONE cares about the Others. No one except the Night's Watch and possibly Stannis. No one believes they exist in the first place.

I agree to this point. Not with the OP, as it is. While chaos is already is happening, and Tommen will die ( Cersei will cause it) Roose will lose most of his power, most likely he will either hold up in DF or be on the run. GRRM said that he moved a big battle from the end of aDwD to aWoW. That would be Mereen. I don't see WF as being a big battle. It be quik and bloody but I think the Boltons will get away ( Bolton's will lose, but won't be defeated)

I found this and started cracking up:http://www.goodreads...-winds-of-winter

read the description.

definitely not confirmed and seems too kumbaiyah for it to be written by GRRM

I believe when ask about it he laught about it, and said how could they right a description when he has not written even half of the book yet.

I agree to this point. Not with the OP, as it is. While chaos is already is happening, and Tommen will die ( Cersei will cause it) Roose will lose most of his power, most likely he will either hold up in DF or be on the run. GRRM said that he moved a big battle from the end of aDwD to aWoW. That would be Mereen. I don't see WF as being a big battle. It be quik and bloody but I think the Boltons will get away ( Bolton's will lose, but won't be defeated)

If it was going to be quick and bloody, he would already be done with it. I think In this battle Stannis or Bolton will be defeated, i don't see anyone running away, specially in the 100-feet deep snow that surrounds Winterfell. I agree when he said that he removed a big battle, he was talking about Meereen. But personally i think thats because he never intended for Stannis/Bolton to be in this book, he wanted it to kick off the next book with a bang.

... I haven't heard anything, but i've read it all several times. The piece you seem to be forgetting is that for all 5 books and 3 of the prologues the others have been built up to be a huge threat who are going to at the very least attack the wall and in all likelihood break it. When that happens people are going to start caring real fast. Not to mention that was only 1 of 3 points I made, and I didn't even mention all of the reasons it doesn't make sense. Don't blame me for pointing out your theory is implausible. Almost everything on this forum is speculation, but most of it is based on things written in the books, so when I see a theory that is not grounded in things that have been written, I say so. It's not an attempt to be mean.

Meanwhile Davos finds Rickon, but he is captured somehow by Roose Bolton. Bolton declares himself Lord Regent of the Kingdom in the North in the name of King Rickon Stark. Rickon, being just a baby, can't really resist and say otherwise.

Unless Shaggydog sniffs Roose and eviscerates him. I bet his icy eyes show some emotion then.

Meereen will be a bloody mess with no clear winner.

I'm hoping for a Stannis victory at Winterfell. I feel he deserves one after the Blackwater.

Aegon will take Storm's End without much difficulty and gain Dorne's allegiance.

Sansa is finally going to do something (hopefully).

Tyrell v Lannister seems inevitable so I think it might not happen (when does anything play out the way it's expected).

The Others will probably make a move in tWoW as well.

Euron is going to keep up his raiding and cause havoc in the Reach.

I'd say Blackfish is going to the Vale and the Riverlands and the West will have some time to rebuild.

The Dothraki showed up for a reason (either to hinder Dany or help her).

Also, Rickon is a Targaryen.

I see that most people expect Roose to lose, myself included, but we all know that we can never really know what GRRM is going to do next.

... I haven't heard anything, but i've read it all several times. The piece you seem to be forgetting is that for all 5 books and 3 of the prologues the others have been built up to be a huge threat who are going to at the very least attack the wall and in all likelihood break it. When that happens people are going to start caring real fast. Not to mention that was only 1 of 3 points I made, and I didn't even mention all of the reasons it doesn't make sense. Don't blame me for pointing out your theory is implausible. Almost everything on this forum is speculation, but most of it is based on things written in the books, so when I see a theory that is not grounded in things that have been written, I say so. It's not an attempt to be mean.

The war with the Others is almost surely going to be the end war of the series. With that in mind, it's a very low chance that the Others will break the Wall in the beginning of WoW, or we'd get 2 long books of everyone in Westeros fighting Others and not each other. It's possible at the end of WoW, but until then, anything is possible.

Your second point was that he might have been already beaten by Stannis, but that is just a possibility. If Stannis is defeated, any of this can still happen. It can happen through many other ways than I mentioned, for example Rickon DOES reach Manderly but using some trick Roose takes him and seeing that Manderly already declared for King Rickon Roose goes with it expecting all other northernmen to rally around Rickon (if you can't beat them, join them). I can't see a third point, sorry. I did not blame you, I simply responded to your argument.

Also, Rickon is a Targaryen.

wait, what?

I agree with the OP. I predict that just when the realm is at the height of its chaos, the wall falls. That's when shit finally gets REAL. Que book 7.

Exactly. There's no way the Others are going to attack at a time of peace when everyone has the time to defend. The Wall will break when Westeros is completely unprepared and at the height of chaos.

Also, does anybody else think that the great other is an ice dragon? Otherwise Drogon is the trump card. Even when the others eventually get to the trident, it'll be over in minutes once Drogon unleashes hot fury on them. I really hope the final battle doesn't go down like that, but an ice dragon vs. Drogon battle would be unreal!

Also, does anybody else think that the great other is an ice dragon? Otherwise Drogon is the trump card. Even when the others eventually get to the trident, it'll be over in minutes once Drogon unleashes hot fury on them. I really hope the final battle doesn't go down like that, but an ice dragon vs. Drogon battle would be unreal!

I'd prefer Dragons vs Others. We don't know much about the Others, likely they do have weapons to fight dragons, they have grown smart. And what about the spear-like ice that was flying up at Bran during his dream of 'the heart of winter'? What if those were a weapon for others and could hurt dragons?

I'd prefer Dragons vs Others. We don't know much about the Others, likely they do have weapons to fight dragons, they have grown smart. And what about the spear-like ice that was flying up at Bran during his dream of 'the heart of winter'? What if those were a weapon for others and could hurt dragons?

I always thought that was more of a defence against greenseers/cotf

If it was going to be quick and bloody, he would already be done with it. I think In this battle Stannis or Bolton will be defeated, i don't see anyone running away, specially in the 100-feet deep snow that surrounds Winterfell. I agree when he said that he removed a big battle, he was talking about Meereen. But personally i think thats because he never intended for Stannis/Bolton to be in this book, he wanted it to kick off the next book with a bang.

So you think that the either Stannis or Bolton will be done in the first half of aWoW? really? I also want to point out that all the players in the North (even the Karstarks for the most part) are in or around WF. If your theory is right, the North story would be mostlly over and they can start getting ready for the Others.

I really don't see the battle of WF deciding much of any thing. It will be bloody mess with lots of nobodies killed with a few secondary, and third tier dead or wounded. Everybody body will spilt up, be run off, or head home.

I see Mereen as a final end it type battle, that while looks like it will be one sided, it won't be that cut and dry. Dany will win, and start the next leg of her journey, but it won't be as clear a victory as other have been.

Archived