Can a woman even sit on the Iron Throne?

Saci Targaryen

I don't think the Mormonts had a lot of choice, given that they had one male brother, who took the black to let his son rule, and then saw his son run off. So they've only got Maege and her five daughters at the point who are able to inherit.

It's interesting how nobody question if Maege's daughters are bastards or not, when it seems to be a big deal for everybody else. I guess Maege just said "I'm married to a guy" and since nobody is interested in disputing her right to Bear Island, nobody inquired about the matter.

Tommen has Highgarden. Casterly Rock doesn't exist as a military power anymore. Stormlands are split, and flocking to Aegon, Riverlands exhausted and very, very wolfish. Roose has 4,000 men and faces 40,000 Northmen hellbent on revenge and feeding him his in-laws.

Sorry for the ot, but winds is going to be a bloodbath. Winter has well and truly arrived.

No way. Seriously? The question in the op was can a woman sit the throne, all the debate has centered around the fact that this has never happened before. Obviously if dany has overwhelming force she would take the throne, but thats not the point, anyone with overwelming force could take the throne.

Yeah...My point is that it doesn't really matter because the law is and has been flexible in the past.

Coming in way late on this (as usual) Go ahead and tell me to butt out. However the way I see it the Baratheon House is very weak on decendents. Get past Shireen there is no one and being female she can't inherit.... Go back up the ancestral tree you get Targaryen. Doesn't that effectively make Aegon (as long as he is trueborn) Stannis's immediate heir?

Tommen has Highgarden. Casterly Rock doesn't exist as a military power anymore. Stormlands are split, and flocking to Aegon, Riverlands exhausted and very, very wolfish.

I disagree.

1. As long as the Lannisters sit on the Iron Throne, Casterly Rock will be a force.

2. We have heard nothing about the Stormlands bending their knee to Aegon. What reason would they declare for Aegon?

3. Riverlands will always be broken.

Roose has 4,000 men and faces 40,000 Northmen hellbent on revenge and feeding him his in-laws.

40 000? Ain't that a bit too much?

Maybe you could break down the numbers for me...

Sorry for the ot, but winds is going to be a bloodbath. Winter has well and truly arrived.

Pretty much. And these fancy prancing southron jackanapees won't know what hit them when Stannis Baratheon, Rickon Ice Eyes Stark, Aegon the Reconqueror and Euron Crowseye dice for the right to burn, disembowel and string through heart trees, behead or drown them :drool:

Pretty much. And these fancy prancing southron jackanapees won't know what hit them when Stannis Baratheon, Rickon Ice Eyes Stark, Aegon the Reconqueror and Euron Crowseye dice for the right to burn, disembowel and string through heart trees, behead or drown them :drool:

Fuck yea!!!! Im pumped.

:fencing:

But I don't want to wait until Rickon is an adult!

I disagree.

1. As long as the Lannisters sit on the Iron Throne, Casterly Rock will be a force.

The Lannisters have maybe 5,000 men left, scattered through the Riverlands, the Westerlands and Dragonstone.

2. We have heard nothing about the Stormlands bending their knee to Aegon. What reason would they declare for Aegon?

JonCon, a major Stormlord. Their beef with the Lannisters.

Aegon taking Storms End.

3. Riverlands will always be broken.

Yes, very likely. So what use is the dubious loyalty of some Lords to Tommen while Catelyn Tully, Brynden Tully and most likely Jeyne Stark, maybe with a pup, roam the Riverlands together with the BWB, definitely the strongest force in the Riverlands.

40 000? Ain't that a bit too much?

Maybe you could break down the numbers for me...

Give or take. ~15,000 Manderley, ~5,000 Reed, ~1,000 Karstark, ~1,000 Umber, ~4,000 clans, a whole bunch of Skagosi, Hornwoods, Glovers, Tallharts, Dustins, Ryswells, Flints I, Flints II, Mormonts and a bunch of other Houses I may have forgotten.

But I don't want to wait until Rickon is an adult!

Jon will do it for him, im sure good ol jon will save some lannisters for rickon in the bowels of winterfell untill rickon turns 16.

What,are Westrosi women's posteriors allergic to iron?

Worse, they're instantly killed, as when Uzzah laid hands on the tabernacle.

1 Iron Thronicles 13:10 "The anger of the Lord was kindled against her; he struck her down because she put out her hand to the throne; and she died there before The Patriarchy."

The Lannisters have maybe 5,000 men left, scattered through the Riverlands, the Westerlands and Dragonstone.

I seriously doubt that. How are the Lannisters down to 5 000 men?

I think the Lannisters have about 15 000-20 000 men at most.

JonCon, a major Stormlord. Their beef with the Lannisters.

Aegon taking Storms End.

Jon Con is an exile. No sane lord will side with an exile who has a couple of sellswords as an army over the throne.

PS. Aegon taking Storm's End does not mean anything. Most able bodied Storm-land soldiers are at war fighting for the Lannisters.

Yes, very likely. So what use is the dubious loyalty of some Lords to Tommen while Catelyn Tully, Brynden Tully and most likely Jeyne Stark, maybe with a pup, roam the Riverlands together with the BWB, definitely the strongest force in the Riverlands.

Catelyn Tully is a scary zombie, doubt she will rally the Riverlands. Jeyne Westerling is a nobody whose family betrayed Robb Stark. Jeyne has no child by Robb, her mother made sure to that.

The Blackfish is the only threat to the Lannisters at the moment.

Give or take. ~15,000 Manderley, ~5,000 Reed, ~1,000 Karstark, ~1,000 Umber, ~4,000 clans, a whole bunch of Skagosi, Hornwoods, Glovers, Tallharts, Dustins, Ryswells, Flints I, Flints II, Mormonts and a bunch of other Houses I may have forgotten.

Manderly 15 000? Seriously?

Mountain clans are 3 000 at most.

Reed. 5 000? How did you arrive at that figure?

Dustins? How do you know Lady Dustin wants Bolton blood?

The rest of those minor houses you have mentioned will not raise 10 000 soldiers.

I seriously doubt that. How are the Lannisters down to 5 000 men?

I think the Lannisters have about 15 000-20 000 men at most.

Tywin had 20,000. They fought at the Green Fork, they lost at Stonemill, they lost at Harrenhal, they fought a guerilla war in hostile country for two years, they fought at the Blackwater, they lost ~1000 attacking Dragonstone under Loras, they sent a whole bunch home.

Everythin else was obliterated by the Young Wolf.

Jon Con is an exile. No sane lord will side with an exile who has a couple of sellswords as an army over the throne.

PS. Aegon takes Storm's End does not mean anything. Most able bodied Storm-land soldiers are at war fighting for the Lannisters.

JonCon is an exile leading an army of exiles that posed a serious threat to the full power of the Seven Kingdoms five times already, a former Hand of the King, a beloved Lord and riding on a wave of success. Against Cersei Lannister.

Catelyn Tully is a scary zombie, doubt she will rally the Riverlands. Jeyne Westerling is a nobody whose family betrayed Robb Stark.

The Blackfish is the only threat to the Lannisters at the moment.

Catelyn Tully still manages the biggest force in the Riverlands, numbering several thousands, and revenge is a very good motivation. Jeyne Stark is still the Queen in the North, especially if she is pregnant with a wolf pup. And nobody knows about her mothers deal with the Lannisters even if it was genuine.

And the Blackfish is a very, very large threat.

Manderly 15 000? Seriously?

Seriously. ~50 warships a 150 man, several hundred knights and their retinues, White Harbour, recruiting from the Hornwood refugees, it adds up.

Mountain clans are 3 000 at most.

Jon Snow said 3,000-5,000 for Stannis and he has already gathered 4,000 of them. Straight in the book.

Reed. 5 000? How did you arrive at that figure?

Lord Reed is the equal to the Boltons, Manderleys, Karstarks etc, he won't have far less men than them, and he lost none.

Dustins? How do you know Lady Dustin wants Bolton blood?

She's a Northwomen and goes with the pack? Or do you believe she wants to die and see her House ruined for Ramsay Bolton, the guy killed her nephew, even if the bullshit she spoonfed Theon in Winterfell is true.

The rest of those minor houses you have mentioned will not raise 10 000 soldiers.

Minor Houses? These are major Houses, each capable of fielding several thousand men on their own.

You should grow thicker skin, what you perceive as an insult is odd. And you are the one that made this personal, not me.

Whatever. I just know I am not the only one who thought so. I tried being nice about it, and you basically were still a dick about it. Maybe you just need to be nicer.

Tywin had 20,000. They fought at the Green Fork, they lost at Stonemill, they lost at Harrenhal, they fought a guerilla war in hostile country for two years, they fought at the Blackwater, they lost ~1000 attacking Dragonstone under Loras, they sent a whole bunch home.

Everythin else was obliterated by the Young Wolf.

1. How many men did Jamie Lannister have when he captured Riverrun? Significantly more than 5 000 I bet.

2. Loras lost 1 000 Reach men at Dragonstone.

JonCon is an exile leading an army of exiles that posed a serious threat to the full power of the Seven Kingdoms five times already, a former Hand of the King, a beloved Lord and riding on a wave of success. Against Cersei Lannister.

Jon Con is a Targaryen loyalist. The Stormlords answer to House Baratheon, and fought against the Targaryens in the rebellion. You do the math...

Catelyn Tully still manages the biggest force in the Riverlands, numbering several thousands, and revenge is a very good motivation.

Catelyn Tully manages a bunch of outlaws. Let's be realistic here...

Jeyne Stark is still the Queen in the North, especially if she is pregnant with a wolf pup. And nobody knows about her mothers deal with the Lannisters even if it was genuine.

Jeyne is no queen in the North, and she is not pregnant. Her mother gave her moon tea.

And the Blackfish is a very, very large threat.

He is a threat. How large, nobody knows yet.

Seriously. ~50 warships a 150 man, several hundred knights and their retinues, White Harbour, recruiting from the Hornwood refugees, it adds up.

Just because a person has many ships does not equal to having a large host. One only has to look at the Iron-born to see that.

Jon Snow said 3,000-5,000 for Stannis and he has already gathered 4,000 of them. Straight in the book.

Did he now? I thought Jon Snow said 2 000? Where did he say 3000-5000?

Lord Reed is the equal to the Boltons, Manderleys, Karstarks etc, he won't have far less men than them, and he lost none.

He may be equal, but that don't mean he has equal number of forces. For instance, the Lannisters are equal to the Tyrells, but that does not mean they have equal forces. Unless you can prove that he does, I will have to disregard your wild guesses.

She's a Northwomen and goes with the pack? Or do you believe she wants to die and see her House ruined for Ramsay Bolton, the guy killed her nephew, even if the bullshit she spoonfed Theon in Winterfell is true.

Lady Dustin hates Rickard Stark for marrying the love of her life, Brandon, off to the Tullys.

Lady Dustin hates Ned Stark for disrespecting her and her husband. Ned took her husband but did not even bother return his bones from the war, even though he brought his sister's bones back.

What you have are assumptions, I have facts.

Minor Houses? These are major Houses, each capable of fielding several thousand men on their own.

The Mormonts, Skagosi, Hornwoods, Glovers, Tallharts, Dustins, Ryswells, Flints I, Flints II, Karstarks, Hornwoods, Glover etc are all minor houses.

House Stark is the only major house in the North.

Jon is a bastard, he can't claim the Iron Throne. But Aegon's claim is undoubtedly stronger than Dany, no matter from what angle you analyze it.

Aegon's claim can be as strong as he wants it to be, he still doesn't have dragons. Meaning whoever's claim is stronger went out the window a long time ago. It's not whose birth right it is to sit the throne, it's who can win the thing and keep it.

Lady Dustin hates Rickard Stark for marrying the love of her life, Brandon, off to the Tullys.

Lady Dustin hates Ned Stark for disrespecting her and her husband. Ned took her husband but did not even bother return his bones from the war, even though he brought his sister's bones back.

Or at least that's what she told Reek. Lady Dustin tells Ramsay's creature she hates the Starks, and as a corollary she's loyal to the Boltons - now that couldn't possibly be intended as disinformation, could it?

What you have are assumptions, I have facts.

Easy on the words. What we got from Lady Dustin so far is a declaration. We'll get facts when she makes a move. One doesn't necessary mirror the other.

Or at least that's what she told Reek. Lady Dustin tells Ramsay's creature she hates the Starks, and as a corollary she's loyal to the Boltons - now that couldn't possibly be intended as disinformation, could it?

Easy on the words. What we got from Lady Dustin so far is a declaration. We'll get facts when she makes a move. One doesn't necessary mirror the other.

That is all we have so far. Can you prove that Lady Dustin wants Bolton blood?

Archived