Again With the Small Questions

Datepalm

I just checked the Wiki page on Jeyne and it doesn't say so. Hmm.

As everyone has pointed out, the Wiki isn't canon, it was just my proof that I wasn't crazy. I didn't check Jeyne's page, but it was on Maggy the Frog's page that her son went on to found House Spicer. But I think people are mostly in agreement about it anyways.

When Jaime reflects on Rhaegar's last words to him, Rhaegar says something about wanting to call a counsel and change some things. Dont have the exact text. What was he referring to?

It's been widely speculated that it is about overthrowing his father. Aeris was paranoid, but this doesn't mean that people liked him and wanted him as a ruler. I think Rhaegar was aware of that, and, being the honorable type, wouldn't be out of the world to think he would do such thing to his father for the good of the realm.

When Jaime reflects on Rhaegar's last words to him, Rhaegar says something about wanting to call a counsel and change some things. Dont have the exact text. What was he referring to?

The consensus is that Rhaegar means to overthrow his father, as even he isn't blind to the Mad King's injustices Remember, the year before, the ONLY reason Aerys attended the Tourney at Harrenhal was that Varys told him Rheagar was conspiring to overthrow him and that the tourney was only a pretext to gather the high lords and plan. Prior to the Tourney, the King hadn't left the Red Keep since Duskendale.

BUT, the Kingbreaker chapter in ADWD I think sheds so light on this. When Selmy is reflecting whether or not he is bound to protect Loraq as Dany's spouse, he makes a comment that KG are not bound to guard any of the royal family unless the King/Sovereign commands them to; some in Westeros used them for the royal's family, others only for themselves. Assuming that's true, I find it very interesting that almost half (3) of the KG is with Rheagar in the South when war breaks out all over Westeros, and that they'd be there at Aerys command. I think it's possible that Rheagar has already assumed the throne, if not in name than in practice....

...Assuming that's true, I find it very interesting that almost half (3) of the KG is with Rheagar in the South when war breaks out all over Westeros, and that they'd be there at Aerys command. I think it's possible that Rheagar has already assumed the throne, if not in name than in practice....

I think the same thing. Rhaegar had usurped Aerys as well as Robert, and the KG have chosen to swear fealty to Rhaegar, and that's why they were at the Tower.

I was just rereading A game of thrones( listening) and i hadnt payed attention that when the boys dream of Ned starks death the raven arrives the same day with the news.

That shouldn´t be possible with the big distance between kings landing and winterfell?

If that is correct, I don't remember the timing, but if that is correct then I don't think it affects anything, they still didn't know at that point. If the bird did arrive when you said it did, that means that by the time they had the dream Ned was "long" dead.

Why are skincahnging and warg different things? I know warg are the ones who skinchange into wolves but are wargs only capable to skinchange into wolves? Otherwise the difference is moot.

Every skinchanger is a warg, but not every warg is a skinchanger. Did that help or make it worse? It's late, I'm sleeeeeeepy! :P

Every skinchanger is a warg, but not every warg is a skinchanger. Did that help or make it worse? It's late, I'm sleeeeeeepy! :P

:lol: No really :P I knew that, unless you mean that wargs can not wear other animal's skins? Then you did help. :)

:lol: No really :P I knew that, unless you mean that wargs can not wear other animal's skins? Then you did help. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. Wargs is a term for those who wear the skins of canis only - because I think they can do wolves and dogs. Am I making it even worse? Meaning, am i making even less sense? :lol:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Wargs is a term for those who wear the skins of canis only - because I think they can do wolves and dogs. Am I making it even worse? Meaning, am i making even less sense? :lol:

:lol: no, I understand thank you! That is pretty clear, so Varamyr a skinchanger right? not a skinchanger and a warg

So would we consider Bran to be a skinchanger rather than a warg now because, with the Three Eyed Crow, he's learned how to shift/change/warg/whatever into crows/ravens, Hodor, and the weirwood roots?

That's the terminology George uses in this interview. I take to mean someone like the Stark children or Varamyr, he have essentially tamed and gained control of their wolves.

So does that mean that Varamyr is both skinchanger and warg? That makes sense I guess, considering the "taming" thing. Thanks

A warg can skinchange into other types of animals. He just happens to be bound to a wolf or a dog.

I read an SSM where GRRM talked about the two, and I had understood there is a difference, that a warg couldn't get into other animals. If that's not the case, then I've had this wrong for a long time. Tks for pointing it out! :)

eta: are you talking about this (from the interview you linked):

"GRRM: A warg is bound to a wolf. Skinchanger is a more general term. All wargs are skinchangers, but not all skinchangers are wargs."

:lol: no, I understand thank you! That is pretty clear, so Varamyr a skinchanger right? not a skinchanger and a warg

No, actually I just saw it, after Dragonfish's post. I got it all wrong, it's the other way around! I knew I should have gone to bed ages ago! :wideeyed:

I find it very interesting that almost half (3) of the KG is with Rheagar in the South when war breaks out all over Westeros, and that they'd be there at Aerys command. I think it's possible that Rheagar has already assumed the throne, if not in name than in practice....

They aren't. We don't know that any of the KG are with Rhaegar at the time, though I think it is widely assumed Arthur Dayne was.

Hightower was still at KL with Aerys when Brandon turned up. I believe he was later sent by Aerys to find Rhaegar and make him Hand and CiC after Connington lost the Battle of the Bells and Aerys was fed up with the succession of useless Hands that he'd appointed.

Whent may have been south, or may have accompanied Hightower, we don't know.

Archived