Confessions... Say what! v4

Night Gathers

I am hoping Young Griff gets a chance to prove he truly is a Targ once and for all.....and then gets roasted with dragon fire.

I hope JC runs in to shelter him....and roasts

I hope Varys secret ally is BloodRaven

I hope Sandor knocks off Franken Gregors helmet to reveal the head of The Red Viper.......or Grey Wind.

I was rooting for Jamie and Theon before they went redemption.

Ok this is my first try at doing a spoiler so i hope it works :(

I pretty much blame everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on Catelyn Tully Stark. I only tolerated her chapters because of Robb. I hate her more with each reread. Really....what did Littlefinger see in her? Know what it's like to find joy in the mist of utter sorrow and heartbreak? Well, at the end of the Red Wedding....I friggin smiled through my tears and found it.

But even that joy was ruined for me.....in a most brutal way. I really loved Dondorrian....and Catelyn still finds a way to steal him from me and weasel her way back into the story to commit more blunders and follies. (Did anything Catelyn ever did or attempted to do come out right in the end?) Stoneheart kills the whole BWB storyline for me.

Which leads me to confession 2, and perhaps a bit of a crazy prediction...'Brienne will rekill Catelyn and become the new leader of the Brotherhood without Banners.' Unlike Lady Stoneheart, I think Brienne can best restore the BWB and Thoros by leading them back towards a path of justice instead of the current path of vengance Stoneheart is taking them on.

So... so... i'm not the only one!? I'm so happy right now! I couldn't stand Lady Catelyn "but look at me, look how strong and clever I am" Stark from the start.

She was so mean with jon. And she impnapped Tyrion. And because of her he got beaten in that awfull cell in the Erye. And then after the RW she came back and again, because of her Brienne had to suffer and was almost hanged, and if that was not enough, she now is forced to choose between Pod or Jaime... and so on.

I never hated a fictional character as i hate Katelyn Stark.

Ok, I know she suffered too. I know. I know she lost almost all her family, i know, really. But to be honest, i don't care. At all.

So... so... i'm not the only one!? I'm so happy right now! I couldn't stand Lady Catelyn "but look at me, look how strong and clever I am" Stark from the start.

She was so mean with jon. And she impnapped Tyrion. And because of her he got beaten in that awfull cell in the Erye. And then after the RW she came back and again, because of her Brienne had to suffer and was almost hanged, and if that was not enough, she now is forced to choose between Por or Jaime... and so on.

Ok, I know she suffered too. I know. I know she lost almost all her family, i know, really. But to be honest, i don't care. At all.

I have stated in many of these forums almost everything that goes wrong in the land of Westeros can be tied directly back to Cat....Agree 100%

- I adore Ned so I turn a blind eye to his somewhat uncomplicated application of justice and understanding of morality. The fact that he's a lord with judge/jury/executioner powers only makes it worse. I think that if Jon or Arya or Sansa or Bran were ever to explicitly think anything negative about their father's handling of the war etc., I'd die a little inside even though they probably wouldn't even be wrong.

- I hate Littlefinger so I turn a blind eye to his somewhat more complicated application of justice.

- If I were to play the game of thrones, I would die.

- Every time someone condemns Sansa for being interested in "girly things" (bonus points for calling them moronic or some variation thereof) I want to claw my own face off. Sansa's far from perfect, but vilifying "girliness" is massively offensive, and I was fairly tomboyish as a child.

- Cat hatred wounds me deep. I think she's GRRM's most authentic character.

- Stannis is witty but rarely is he actually funny.

- Tyrion is only funny when he's pissing off deserving targets like Joffrey. I sympathized with JonCon's desire to smack him in ADWD A LOT.

- I think Dolores Edd's jokes are kind of lazy.

- I didn't like Daenerys by the end of AGOT, secretly hated her in ACOK and ASOS, and learned to like her again in ADWD after her story stopped feeling so incredibly contrived. Wouldn't object to her storyline being excised from the books though. She's the one character who doesn't feel real.

She was so mean with jon. And she impnapped Tyrion. And because of her he got beaten in that awfull cell in the Erye. And then after the RW she came back and again, because of her Brienne had to suffer and was almost hanged, and if that was not enough, she now is forced to choose between Pod or Jaime... and so on.

GAH!!!! look at my post above. I'm warning you.... I will slap you so hard....

Seriously though, where is the love? She is perfection itself. I have never loved a fictional character as much as Cat, except maybe Scarlett O'Hara.

- I adore Ned so I turn a blind eye to his somewhat uncomplicated application of justice and understanding of morality. The fact that he's a lord with judge/jury/executioner powers only makes it worse. I think that if Jon or Arya or Sansa or Bran were ever to explicitly think anything negative about their father's handling of the war etc., I'd die a little inside even though they probably wouldn't even be wrong.

- I hate Littlefinger so I turn a blind eye to his somewhat more complicated application of justice.

- If I were to play the game of thrones, I would die.

- Every time someone condemns Sansa for being interested in "girly things" (bonus points for calling them moronic or some variation thereof) I want to claw my own face off. Sansa's far from perfect, but vilifying "girliness" is massively offensive, and I was fairly tomboyish as a child.

- Stannis is witty but rarely is he actually funny.

- Tyrion is only funny when he's pissing off deserving targets like Joffrey. I sympathized with JonCon's desire to smack him in ADWD A LOT.

- I think Dolores Edd's jokes are kind of lazy.

- I didn't like Daenerys by the end of AGOT, secretly hated her in ACOK and ASOS, and learned to like her again in ADWD after her story stopped feeling so incredibly contrived. Wouldn't object to her storyline being excised from the books though. She's the one character who doesn't feel real.

:grouphug:

1. Ramsay, Roose, Euron, Daenerys, Theon (pre-Reek), Jaime (pre-hand loss) are some of my favourite characters

2. I don't care that Theon and Ramsay killed the Miller's kids

3. I can't stand Arya. She is one of my least favourite characters. I find her character irritating and the only reason that I like her chapters are because of the interesting characters she meets.

4. I don't care that Theon took Winterfell

5. I don't care about the Red Wedding, I wanted either Stannis or the Lannisters to win.

6. I hate Aeron, not because he is boring, but because he is a jackass. First he complains that "No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair!" about a thousand times, and then calls for a Kingsmoot, because he thinks that will stop Euron from becoming king. When Euron wins fairly, he condemns the people that chose him, and claims the Kingsmoot is invalid.

7. I don't love to hate Ramsay. I genuinely like Ramsay as a character, and I think he can be hilarious sometimes (“A rat?” Ramsay’s pale eyes glittered in the torchlight. “All the rats in the Dreadfort belong to my lord father. How dare you make a meal of one without my leave.”). Also, I wasn't disturbed or revolted like many people were by Ramsay and Jeyne's bedding.

But but but Sansa is stupid/vapid/weak/passive/traitorous/mean/insipid/shallow/insert insult here...

Just joking :leaving:

Sansa is 14....i excuse her vapidness more....and as she grows...she grows.

CAT is a grown woman....and being a zombie shows no signs of changing!

Ohh I deeply hate Dany everytime she calls Ned "The usurper's dog".....stupid girl, I'll smack you...nobody talks like that about my Nedzzz :whip:

I finally realized Sansa is my favorite Stark! I love her, and the haters can suck it. I like the others too though. I find it hard to understand how anyone could dislike Bran, and I think his chapters are really interesting. I do wish some of the predictions about Rickon would keep in mind that he is only 5 or 6.

Sansa Stark is my honey badger.

- Tyrion is only funny when he's pissing off deserving targets like Joffrey. I sympathized with JonCon's desire to smack him

Truth. You speak.

New confession: I think the women in the series are both the strongest characters and most strongly written in the series.

I used to appropriately dislike Tywin's cold treatment of Tyrion - people should love their children dammit or pretend to, and then I read their scenes together in ASOS, and realized that in Tywin's place I would want to slap Tyrion silly every time he opens his mouth, screaming something like "I am trying to have a serious conversaton with you here, stop with your lame jokes, you're not that funny, can I say a word without you trying to come up with punchline, we don't have time for this crap, shut up shut up shut up!"

Tywin should have had done that, too, all that silent seething was no good for his health.

Obviously stuff with Tysha and the rest is still horrible. But dealing with Tyrion on regular basis had to be incredibly tiresome.

I think it was smart and understandable of Freys to try and to get in good faith with Lannisters. Why die for stupid Robb who betrayed them. I only dislike them because they didn't have to enjoy killing people so much, and could spare much more. However, between killing Robb and some horrible end of their own house, of course Robb had to go.

Robb's separatist crap is borderline criminal. He had to be stopped. Thanks for prolonging brother killing civil war, dude, all so you could put a piece of gold on your head and call yourself a king, AND tear apart a country in the process.

Any person who wants to rule needs to have a vision of what exactly that is they want to bring to their realm. See Ibsen's "King's Materials" for reference. Otherwise, screw them.

I found him increadibly annoying when he threw another hissy fit a-la "I am not your boy!" or "Don't call me Robb, I am your king!". Oh how I wish somebody replied "No, clearly you're an old lady" or "Ok, nephew, I shall call you King Susan".

My sympathy for any adult in power who contributes to war and doesn't try for peace is limited.

If I were Cersei, I'd try to kill Robert a long time ago. Screw wife beating rapists.

I say, go Cersei for not bearing children of a man she couldn't stand. It's her body.

If I were in Catelyn's shoes, I would never forgive Robb for trying for a throne over trying to save his sisters. It was an opposite of what his law-abiding, family loving father would want. And supposedly a war was started because of Ned.

I want Tyrells to win Game of Thrones. (I know it's not happening). Lannisters are too crazy and full of pathos. I want some down to earth, reasonably evil villains to get it.

GAH!!!! look at my post above. I'm warning you.... I will slap you so hard....

Seriously though, where is the love? She is perfection itself. I have never loved a fictional character as much as Cat, except maybe Scarlett O'Hara.

I shall wear this as a badge of honor.

I don't understand Cat haters. How do you walk around without a heart? What kind of witchcraft it this?

But i have a heart, i swear. It's just that i don't hold her dear to it...

Archived