Martin, Madden on Season 3

Westeros

MTV reporter Kara Warner had a chance to talk with George R.R. Martin and Richard Madden during the Emmys, and she received some choice quotes from both. Visit the site to read the transcript of the remarks, and see the video interviews below. Beware, spoilerish material below, though somewhat obfuscated!read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Actually some very nice questions on the part of the interviewer to George. She was very conscious of both fan expectations and seeming to be a bit of a fan of the books in general. I wish she'd ask when World is coming out though. I must have it!

Yeah, I want World as well. Wasn't it supposed to be released end of this year (or is that Lands)?

So that settles two big things!

Going by what Martin said, the referenced scene is a certainty this season.

And the next book, all the characters, the threads pulled back together.

Can't wait for "The World of Ice and Fire".

For those who can't see it, the transcript seems complete, but Richard Madden's quote is not quite that, he says

"I'm in it", he doesn't say all of it.

Meh, the one thing that annoys me is that they're making a huge deal about this 'RW' and after Martin's quote hinting it will have a similar reaction to Ned's death in Season 1, its just.. giving too hints and prepping the audience for something I kinda wish they had no information about..

Meh, the one thing that annoys me is that they're making a huge deal about this 'RW' and after Martin's quote hinting it will have a similar reaction to Ned's death in Season 1, its just.. giving too hints and prepping the audience for something I kinda wish they had no information about..

I agree about that.

I do hope that they will not make the entirety of Robb's story revolove around his relationship with Catelyn and the Volantene woman - in the second season, it sometimes looked like everybody has forgotten that there was a war going on. I do hope they will show him more discussing tactics with his commanders and similar. I am worried about it because in the interview they just mention his relationship with both women.

I agree about that.

I do hope that they will not make the entirety of Robb's story revolove around his relationship with Catelyn and the Volantene woman - in the second season, it sometimes looked like everybody has forgotten that there was a war going on. I do hope they will show him more discussing tactics with his commanders and similar. I am worried about it because in the interview they just mention his relationship with both women.

I'm expecting a lot 'how to get back the North'-story with Edmure and Brynden, and hopefully keep the 'oh god, this wedding might be getting dangerous'-story to a minimum. Just like they handled Ned's death. Everyone expected him to take the black, and wondered what would happen afterwards. Nobody expected what actually happened.

I doubt that even 5% of the non-reader viewing audience seek out interviews with the cast and crew, and/or research the show in-between seasons. So really, these things don't matter a whole lot.

Yeah, I want World as well. Wasn't it supposed to be released end of this year (or is that Lands)?

Lands this year (end of oct), World, and next Dunk & Egg, hopefully 2013?

I doubt that even 5% of the non-reader viewing audience seek out interviews with the cast and crew, and/or research the show in-between seasons. So really, these things don't matter a whole lot.

Precisely...

I'm expecting a lot 'how to get back the North'-story with Edmure and Brynden, and hopefully keep the 'oh god, this wedding might be getting dangerous'-story to a minimum. Just like they handled Ned's death. Everyone expected him to take the black, and wondered what would happen afterwards. Nobody expected what actually happened.

This would be cool, it would make the surprise so much bigger ... and so much sadder.

Archived