Doran Martell possible prologue in WOW?

houseHB

I think Winds will open up with Doran Martell's death sending Dorne into chaos. Doran Martell's death will give the Sand Snakes more flexibility on whether to put Dorne in all out war against the Lannisters. Also, it would put Arianne Martell who is on her way to see Aegon from the Winds sample chapter in more of a power position, after Quentyn's death.

I think Winds will open up with Doran Martell's death sending Dorne into chaos. Doran Martell's death will give the Sand Snakes more flexibility on whether to put Dorne in all out war against the Lannisters. Also, it would put Arianne Martell who is on her way to see Aegon from the Winds sample chapter in more of a power position, after Quentyn's death.

I agree that it would be a really interesting prologue, but a number of people have pointed out that the prologues so far have been in strict sequence: Beyond the Wall; southern maester; beyond the Wal; southern maester; beyond the Wall; so we should be due a Maester from the south for TWOW.

I agree that it would be a really interesting prologue, but a number of people have pointed out that the prologues so far have been in strict sequence: Beyond the Wall; southern maester; beyond the Wal; southern maester; beyond the Wall; so we should be due a Maester from the south for TWOW.

Pate wasnt a maester he was training to become one. You may be right since Pate was close enough to the maesters for the beyond the wall, then southern maester thing to work, but i think Pate's prologue was to introduce Oldtown/ Jaqen's return. So far the prologues that havent been beyond the wall introduce us to places we havent yet seen in the series (first time seeing Dragonstone and Oldtown). This makes me think that the prologue will be Willas or Garlan or Loras Tyrell defending Highgarden from Euron, or it will be someone from Casterly rock, or maybe Starfall (first three important places i can think of that we havent seen)

Arianne could be used to show Doran's death, it would be a wasted prologue. If I'd have to bet my money on it, I'd guess we'd be shown Euron attacking, with a demonstration of some new sinister thing about him,.

Maybe. I wouldn't rule out a Doran prologue though, if it does happen I think it'd more likely be Doran learning about Quentyn's demise and dealing with/shifting his plans to accommodate it.

Killing Doran would be interesting but I should point out that George RR Martin has already done a reading of an Arianne chapter "Arianne II" which would seem to indicate otherwise.

Yes Doran will die in the prologue, then he will rise from the dead and tell Arianne to meet Aegon.

• 3 weeks later...

As Doran have once said, the power of Dorne relies on people thinking that Dorne is powerfull.

I don't think that Dorne will actually play a part in the upcoming war beyond forging allignances based on the myth that the people of Westeros give to the Dornish military (thus offering some kind of protection to (f)Aegon).

Not that i'm saying that the Dorne characters will be irrelevant, far from that. Their power lies on deceit, politics and poison, not on a strong military backup.

As for who the prologue POV will be...I'm guessing a maester in Storm's End that witnesses Aegon revealing his existence to the world.

That seems really plausible. We've gotten some interesting Storm's End background from Cat, but I would love to learn more. The fact that it was built with wards that kept Mel's magic out really intrigues me. A maester there might be able to tell us more about the history of the castle (before dying of course).

I also like the thought of it being Highgarden with Willas or his maester fighting Euron Greyjoy. My only problem with this is that I am almost certain that Euron has followed Victarian and is near him in Slaver's Bay.

I agree with the formula that we will see a new location, but I can't think of anything interesting that will draw us to Casterly Rock/Lannisport. Our prologues not only show us a new location, but have also given us examples of magic that we are unable to get from our usual characters (Varamyr, Pate).

For Doran, I can't seem him as Prologue POV (especially as others have pointed out that Arianne makes not mention of her father dying) but perhaps as the Epilogue.

In Arianne's chapter in WoW, there was no mention of Doran's death

I hope not, I like Doran, He is a boring character but I'd like to see what GRRM have in store for him, since he been scheming since his sister died.

Archived