5 Things Which Will Happen in WOW

Hustle

I'm not 100% on board with #1-- though I really do love the beauty of the narrative arc it would create. That being said, I think Un-Cat might only have to get halfway to the Wall because Jon might be on his way south.

With Melisandre a devotee to the Red God, it is likely she knows about the ability to resurrect people. In the event that she can't do it herself, she may be aware of Thoros' ability to do so. Having bet on the wrong horse with Stannis, she may be ready to reinterpret the AA prophecy as meaning Jon, pack his body on some nice slabs of Wall ice, and haul his frozen behind South in an attempt to make contact with the Red Priest.

Number 1: UnCat Sacrifices her lifeforce to resurrect Jon Snow.

Reasons: Berric D was resurrected 7 times, and Uncat once. These are the only CONFIRMED characters to have been resurrected by the Lord of Light. UnCat has to be around for a reason. Her life has to have meaning other then just revenge. A vision of a hero battling the others with blue skin and red eyes could refer to Jon. Both UnCat and Berric remained with visable malformadies after being resurrected. I believe Jon is dead and will be kept in an ice cell, keeping him cold and turning his skin a cool blue. So far, the only charactor alive who we know can resurrect people is Thoros, (but we may be able to assume if Berric did it to Cat, UnCat could do it for another.) There is no reason we should believe Melisandre can do this for Jon. UnCat has to be here for a reason. I believe she will head to the wall and resurrect Jon, setting the stage for ADFS.

Number 2: Willas Tyrell and Arianne Martell will be married.

Reason: The heir to Highgarden and the heir to Dorne. Arianne is heading to meet Aegon and we learned from a WOW reading that Highgarden is sending forces to meet Aegon as well. To battle or to join? Both Highgarden and Dorne were loyal to the Targs during Robert's Rebellion, both Willas and Arianne are single and it is possible that a joining of these two will unite 2 of the 7 kingdoms behind Aegon. In book 3 we learn a great deal about Willas, why? We learn that Willas and the Red Viper sent messages back and forth between each other, why? I don't think Aegon and Arianne will marry, which leaves Willas as the most likely and intersting prospect.

Number 3: LittleFinger will die, as the Epilogue POV.

Other then Varys, who I believe will survive the entire series, he is the character who has motivations which can only be explained in a POV. Does he only desire a younger version of Cat? What are his ultimate goals? We can't trust what he says, so we will have to see what he thinks. Sansa has been beat up and degraded for 5 books, she will make her move in WOW. She will out LittleFinger, LittleFinger and be responsible for his death. Why this book and not the next? I don't see the final lines in ASOFAI being a minor-ish character. LF's purpose is to train Sansa to be a player, and her final test will be killing her former teacher.

Number 4: Ned Starks Mother is on Skaggos.

Little and less is known about Ned Starks mother. Little and less is known about Skaggos. In a series where there is so much made of family, why nothing on a character with such strong ties to so many key characters. She is living on Skaggos and has been sheltering Rickon and Osha for the last 3 books. So what? Why is she important? Two reasons. I believe she may not only be sheltering one of her grandchildren, I wouldn't be surprised if she was sheltering one of her children (Benjin Stark) I believe Ned Stark raised a child of one of his siblings and now Benjin Stark will take it upon himself to do the same. The other reason, more still needs to be explained on the magic which the Starks have. Some has been made of it, but I believe Ned Starks mother is the only person who can explain what Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Arya, and Jon have all experianced throughout the series.

Number 5: The Wall will Fall.

The watch now has no Lord Commander and there will be civil war, not to mention the wildlings causing trouble. Just from a story standpoint: how can there be conflict or danger when there is a huge wall blocking them. The wall will need to fall in order for the others to have any kind of threat on Westeros. It may be the horn or it could be a dragon, but by the end of the 6th book, the wall will come down.

While interesting I have to say I disagree with most of these.

Number 1: When Cat was alive she resented and disliked Jon because he was the physical representation and the outcome of the slight against her. The last words she spoke to him before he left for the Wall basically amounted to "I wish you were dead." Coupled now with the fact that she's somewhat mentally unstable and preoccupied with killing Freys, and with the fact that (as far as she knows) all her sons are dead and the only living son of her late husband is now the bastard she hated so much. Not to mention the fact that she'd need a reason to save him and I see none.

Number 2: The Tyrells and Martells hate each other. And it's been that way long before Willas was crippled by the Red Viper. True Oberyn does mention that he and Willas do correspond through letters but this is stated to being due to Willas' apparent gentle/kind personality and their mutual love for horses/horse riding etc.Apart from this the Tyrells and Martells still hate each other very much. And it doesn't make sense for Oberyn to concoct a marriage plan as he wasn't the prince of Dorne and Willas is still only heir. Mace Tyrell is still alive and well and even he's not the one who calls the shots for the Tyrell, Olenna Tyrell does and there is no indication that she likes the Dornish anymore than the others.

Number 3: Littlefinger dying is perfectly plausible. He's been biding his time for so long that him making a visible move in the next book isn't so unlikely. although the chances of him dying at the end are just as good as any other major character.

Number 4: It's true we don't know anything about Ned's mother. Name, house, how she passed etc. But that's all there is to it I think. Her being on Skaggos taking care of Rickon is a very, very large expansive stretch. Why is what I'd throw back at you. Why spend all these years on a apparently very hostile island? Why keep it hidden from one son and not the other (Ned shows no indication of his mother being alive in his POVs)? Not only that but that would mean that Osha and Rickon heading to Skaggos was not a random choice made of desperation but somehow a planned event or otherwise a pretty flppin' hue coincidence and that's just crazy. As to Benjen agreeing to raise one of Ned's children, do you mean to say that Jon is Benjen's child? Or that if Jon is in-fact Lyanna's son that it's Benjen's turn to raise a siblings child. Either way him being on Skaggos is pretty unlikely.

Number 5: The Others bringing down the wall seems like a likely occurrence and will probably happen.

Mace Tyrell is still alive and well and even he's not the one who calls the shots for the Tyrell, Olenna Tyrell does and there is no indication that she likes the Dornish anymore than the others.

No she doesn't. She was staunchly against the Tyrells marrying into the Lannisters and Renly's folly but was completely disregarded. We have this straight from her mouth.

My theories:

1. I think it will be Theon that is sacrificed to resurrect Jon. If they find his corpse, they will most likely burn it to prevent it from returning as a wight. At the same time, Stannis down south will probably listen to what Asha says, and kill him in front of a weirwood tree. A life for a life. And Jon wont burn anyway since he's actually Rhaegar's son.

2.It doesnt look too good for the Freys- being snowed in with a bunch of people who all hate them, and has already eaten 3 of their relatives.

3. Does Sansa still have the hairnet Olenna gave her?

4. Benjen is cold hands

Think a moment before you spill non-sense. Everybody will know that Jon is dead, If his body disappears and that is a big IF ti begin with because they burn bodies right away to avoid the chance of it being rising as a wight. Anyway the crows will figure out quickly enough that he has risen and both they and the wildlings have vivid memories that walking corpses are a bad thing, how long will it take before they track Jon down and destroy or exile him to the other side of the Wall? Plus Melissandre will be in troulbe if they discover that she can raise bodies just like the Others.

Keep in mind that technically Beric Dondarrion and later Lady Catelyn are/were UNDEAD even though they retained a bigger or lesser part of their former selves.

In my opinion either Jon survives the attack and heals or dies and remains dead.

Uncat is in Riverlands, Jon is at the Wall, Jon is not dead to be resurrect, he's alive, he's just unconcious and he warged out his body

maybe when Jon goes to the Riverlands he will meet uncat and she'll redeem herself, maybe he'll be the reason for her to redeem her attitudes as Cat

Lets clear it Targs burn as any other human.Dany not burning was a one time deal.

#1=Not possible.Think about it to ressurect Jon Uncat has to pass the guards and ı think they would be a little confused to let a walking corpse with a decayed face whose throat is split open for anyone to see walk around the Wall.And Mel would burn her before Uncat has even a chance to see Rickon (if davos brings him to wall)or Jon.

#2=No way

#3=If Cersei chooses LF as Hand then there is chance that Sansa to plot against him and gain power by revealing her true identity to Vale.

#4=This is like seeing Targs everywhere.I choose to believe Volantis on this one.And if Ned's mother was alive she would at least show up to see her grandchildren.She is dead deal with it people.They went to Skaggos because it is a well protected place for hiding and getting strong.

#5=Hope to see but not likely.Look Heresy threads about theories.

No she doesn't. She was staunchly against the Tyrells marrying into the Lannisters and Renly's folly but was completely disregarded. We have this straight from her mouth.

While it's true that she was against the marriage, it's still clear that she's the one who makes the moves for House Tyrell when it comes of the game of thrones. Mace being the male and thus lord of House Tyrell still means that he can do something if he wants it bad enough but the real political moves were thanks to Olenna.

1 - Stannis will win a battle. Finally.

2 - Most of the wildlings leave the wall, and the Night's Watch fall to the white walkers.

3 - Daenerys gains support of the guys khalasar, and go back to Mereen to get her supporters and dragons to go to Westeros.

4 - Sansa does something. (Hey it's vague but more than we can say about her in the last two books)

5 - Coldhands is Benjen Stark (this should really be my #1...)

1. Tormund and his Wildlings will join forces with Stannis in mutual determination to destroy the Boltons (Stannis for Winterfell, Wildlings for Mance)

2. Sansa will have control of the Vale

3. Aegon will take Kings Landing

4. Arya kills someone (vague)

5. Dany will win the battle in Mereen with help of the Khalasar and Victarion Greyjoy.

Your first theory was so good and then ... it went down hill.

Everyone had been assuming Mel but it is true only BwB group has been shown to have the power to ressurect. And it makes perfect sense for the story once you realize it. It would be the perfect act of atonement for Cat, who I think is a very good and noble person pushed to the edge of her ability to cope. By that self sacrifice she would be overcoming her own bitterness and disappointment with the world. There has been a lot of focus on Jaime, the Hound, and others seeking redemption and while I find Jaimes a bit iffy and the Hound as more sincere, Cat is clearly someone I could see capable of getting over herself.

The Tyrells play hardball and already control the crown, they will not give that up easily. Would LF or Varys relinquish power just to make new friends? No, and neither will Olenna. Maybe, Willas has his own plan in place, but I don't recall anything that would indicate that to be true.

Perhaps LF will be an epilouge. I have a hard time seeing him surviving the series as his best skills are manipulating a corrupt society and so his natural environment is about to get rocked once hard reality reshapes it. By reality I mean the Others are coming, and the war that will bring.

What would Jon's mother being Skagos do for the story? Given the number of times GRRM brings up the question of Jon's parentage, its an important subject. R + L = J not only is hinted at throughout the series to the point its 90+% certain but also is intertwined with several narratives. Instead its going to just be a character and land introduced in the sixth book!? That would be out of left field and I can't see it adding much.

Its hard to imagine the Wall can survive much longer, no doubt.

It is Eddard's mother on Stagos, not Jon's, Jon's mother is Lyanna, long dead.

Theory 2: Wilas Tyrell is one of the most interesting unitroduced charaters in the series. The Lannisters are on the verge of extinction. Tommen and Myrcella will both die, my theory is Tommen first followed by Myrcella after Cersie trys to crown her queen. Lancel, most likely, won't survie the 6th book and also there is the little matter of Devan Lannister's wedding which will most likely be Red Wedding 2. The Tyrells would be smart to wed the dragons and then Dorne.They wouldn't have any real enemies left. Littlefinger controls the Vale and consiquently the Riverlands and North through Sansa. Willas Tyrell, heir to Highgraden and Arianne Martell, heir to Dorne...makes a lot of sense.

Theory 3: Who's motivations are the biggest secrets for non POV...Littlefinger and Varys...perhaps Illyrio or even the three-eyed crow, but Littlefinger will not be a POV character because he is only intersting because we don't know why he is doing what he is doing. The differance between Varys and Littlefinger is that I believe Varys will survive the series and LF won't. Will LF die in the Epilouge in the 7th book, maybe, but I imagin the final part, final chapter of the 6th book, which will set the stage for the 7th will be Sansa becoming a true player of the Game of Thrones...perhaps even echoing the Cersie quote from book one "When you play the game of thrones you win or you die." before Littlefinger is killed.

It is Eddard's mother on Stagos, not Jon's, Jon's mother is Lyanna, long dead.

Theory 2: Wilas Tyrell is one of the most interesting unitroduced charaters in the series. The Lannisters are on the verge of extinction. Tommen and Myrcella will both die, my theory is Tommen first followed by Myrcella after Cersie trys to crown her queen. Lancel, most likely, won't survie the 6th book and also there is the little matter of Devan Lannister's wedding which will most likely be Red Wedding 2. The Tyrells would be smart to wed the dragons and then Dorne.They wouldn't have any real enemies left. Littlefinger controls the Vale and consiquently the Riverlands and North through Sansa. Willas Tyrell, heir to Highgraden and Arianne Martell, heir to Dorne...makes a lot of sense.

Ooops! I read it as Jon's mother and figured I wasn't going to read another one of those again! My bad. I don't know if we need an explanation on Stark's warging anymore than we need more on Beyond the Wall wargs.

And that's a very busy book to change the political outlook so drastically and then have a peace plus wedding arranged.

While it's true that she was against the marriage, it's still clear that she's the one who makes the moves for House Tyrell when it comes of the game of thrones. Mace being the male and thus lord of House Tyrell still means that he can do something if he wants it bad enough but the real political moves were thanks to Olenna.

Olenna's real political moves pale in comparison to the alliances Mace has made against Olenna's will. He decides alliances and moves forces.

• 2 weeks later...

Theory 1: Jon Snow, as of the new app, died at Castle Black. So, there is slightly more evidence that Jon is indeed, dead. In the same app there is speculation that Melisandri is not as powerful as she may claim to be. Her chapter in ADWD also hints at her abilities not being as strong as she claims. We have seen 3 red priests in the books so far with special abilities...Morrquo, Thoros, and Melisandri...and all have showcased powers the others havn't. I believe that Thoros's powers stem from the weirwoods that incompase the Hollow Hill. I don't believe that Melisandri can just resurrect Jon, I believe that it will take some kind of interferance from Thoros to get Jon back...and I don't think anyone thinks Jon is gone for the remander of the series. So... either Melisandri, Ghost, and a couple others bring Jon to the Brotherhood without Banners, probably encountering a large pack of wolves along the way...or Uncat, Thoros, Gendry(with kingsblood) and the rest of the Brotherhood heads to the wall.

Theory 3: Littlefinger, in my opinion, needs to die by the end of the series. I think GRRM would be missing out on an amazing oppurtunity to not showcase specific characters in the Epilouges of the final two books. Littlefinger and Varys, Epilouge characters of books 6 and 7...be pretty awesome. I agree, this is probably the weakest of my 5 theories.

Theory 4: Ned's mother, Lady Stark...come on...there needs to be more. We have learned about 10 generations of Targaryans and have entire family trees on minor characters...and nothing on Ned's mother. She is on Skaggos, most likely alive, if dead then her family if on Skaggos. That is why Luwin told Osha to take Rickon here, to be with his blood family. I don't know what we will learn in the Davos chapters...I have a crackpot theory that Davos meets up with Aeron and the drowned men...but we will learn about Ned's mother by the end of the series.

Theory 5: More sure then ever...maybe it will be Euron riding a dragon.

Number 1: UnCat Sacrifices her lifeforce to resurrect Jon Snow.

Number 2: Willas Tyrell and Arianne Martell will be married.

Number 3: LittleFinger will die, as the Epilogue POV.

Number 4: Ned Starks Mother is on Skaggos.

Number 5: The Wall will Fall.

#1 I think it would be poetic, yes. And not impossible either. Cat dislikes Jon for fairly pragmatic reasons based on the limited information availabe to her - even if he could be reasonably counted to remain loyal her children, there's no guarantee that his children would while there is quite a bit of evidence in Westerosi history that legitimized bastards can cause a world of trouble for the main branch down the line. Those pragmatic reasons may no longer apply, when Cat obtains better information. She might well learn about Arya from Jaime and about Jon's intention to ride out with a wildling host to rescue her from Bran via weirwood (assuming that Mormont's raven spies for Bloodraven and keeps those two updated on Jon). Dynastic concerns probably take a backseat to questions of mere survival right now and it might occur to her that Jon can be a better protection for her surviving children than whatever she has become now could be. If she's still thinking straight, that is.

Not quite convinced about the logistics though. UnCat still has a lot of stuff to do in the Riverlands (RW2.0) and while I do believe that Jon will spend the majority of the next book officiallly "in a coma" while warging Ghost (and potentially exploring the Lands of Always Winter), I don't really see them reuniting at the Wall. No particular textual evidence (apart from Dany's vision battling ice zombies at the Trident), but I just have a hunch that the climactic battle will take place in the Riverlands, so I see the BWB probably staying there, and I'm not sure how far UnCat would get on her own. Of course she could take at least Thoros with her (she would have to to have some vouch for her with Mel; otherwise I don't really see her getting access to Jon's corpse; the Black Brothers might be historically prejudiced against the Walking Dead) But Thoros never wanted to revive her in the first place and seems increasingly wary of her. His main motivation was never loyality to the Starks, but rather justice for the smallfolk in the wartorn Riverlands. I'm not sure he would be up for such a quest.

#2 Not yet. I think a Tyrell/Martell alliance is the best hope for longterm stability for the realm (it's even part of my signature), but it's too soon in the narrative. First, the Tyrell's attempt to gain influence over the Baratheons has to fail in a sufficiently spectacular manner. Olenna might be smart enough to see the failure coming and advise to cut the losses by jumping ship in time, but I'm afraid Mace cannot be convinced so easily. There are probably some pretty painfull defeats in store for the Tyrells before that.

#3 Eventually, I'm sure of that. But maybe not quite yet either. I disagree that we absolutely need a LF POV to gain some insight into his motivations. I don't think that what he told Sansa about his plans with Harry-the-Heir is entirely true, but I do think he is getting rather careless in her presence and will reveal more and more of his actual agenda to her as part of his 'mentoring'-programme. He seems to have a great need to show off what a clever guy he is in front of Sansa and that will be his eventual downfall.

I do think he is one of the major players and I think he's on the ascent right now. We'll watch him rise a lot higher yet before we'll see him fall.

(I agree that of the two, Varys is the one more likely to get away with his life... the little fish keep on paddling....)

#4 I can't see it, but your guess is as good as mine. Ned's POV did not give me the impression that he considered his mother still alive and I don't see a reason why she would be hiding from them, but maybe they just were not that close or something. Theon doesn't think much of his mother either. I do think that the hidden relatives are getting a bit old by now though.

#5. Yep. Ice-Zombies at the Trident. The Wall will fall. Or maybe it won't, and someone will open the gates for the Others. But any way, I predict a proper Other-invasion by the end of TWOW.

Think a moment before you spill non-sense. Everybody will know that Jon is dead, If his body disappears and that is a big IF ti begin with because they burn bodies right away to avoid the chance of it being rising as a wight. Anyway the crows will figure out quickly enough that he has risen and both they and the wildlings have vivid memories that walking corpses are a bad thing, how long will it take before they track Jon down and destroy or exile him to the other side of the Wall? Plus Melissandre will be in troulbe if they discover that she can raise bodies just like the Others.

Keep in mind that technically Beric Dondarrion and later Lady Catelyn are/were UNDEAD even though they retained a bigger or lesser part of their former selves.

In my opinion either Jon survives the attack and heals or dies and remains dead.

Well I guess the main argument is that the ressurection of Jon would be presented by Mel in the framework of the AA- legend - a reborn hero, rather than one of the walking dead - which would probably make it easier to swallow for the Queen's Men. It's entirely in line with their religious expectations.

How the Black Brothers and Wildlings would react to it is a different question. They may well try to burn him, but if he's actually AA/a secret Targ, it might not work, which should be sufficient to disprove the theory that he's a wright. (For the record, I'm aware that Targs are not generally fire-proof, but they apparently can be for special occassions, see Dany; this one might well be one of those). If the resurrection happens as many envision it - Jon rising from his pyre, just like Dany rose from hers - they might be sufficiently impressed and convert to Rhollorism.

It's an interesting objection though. I do think it would be better for various reasons if Jon's resurrection was not the kind of big spectacle most readers seem to envision, mainly because it might make Mel and Rhollorism too powerful. If Jon is indeed resurrected rather publically by Mel or UnCat (who got her UnLife from a Red Priest too) and officially proclaimed AA and then goes on to actually defeat the Others, how would Rhollorism not be the dominant religion after the War for Dawn? Somehow I just don't see that happening. So either Jon is not ressurected at all (remains dead or survives without magical intervention), is resurrected publically but doesn't defeat the Great Other (but joins him instead, as the heresy-threads would have it) or is resurrected secretly/in a way that leaves his actual alive/undead status somewhat ambiguous.

Of all this possibilities, I like the last one best. It wouldn't be that difficult too accomplish. Right now he's on the brink of life and death - Mel might usher his body to safety, profess to nurse him back to health, disallow any visitors and just never tell anybody if he's actually dead for a while. When he finally comes back, for all the others may know, he was always just temporarily unconscious.

Mel might have good reason to keep the ressurection a secret: Flip-flopping on the saviour-figure would require her to reveal her multiple deceptions with regard to Stannis and undermine her credibility. Once you start lieing it can be difficult to stop. People often go to great lengths to maintain their lies. Of course Mel will prioritize her cause, but why not keep Stannis as the figure-head and support Jon in secret?

1. Melisandre could resurrect Jon simply because she is stronger than Thoros of Myr, plus she hinted that she will help Jon with something. And I don't think that Catelyn will help Jon out of all her children who need help.

2. Mace Tyrell would die before giving up his daughter's crown, we see him in TDWD epilogue with the council planning on fighting off the threat after the trial.

3.I believe he is too important and too cautious to die. I think there will be a point where Littlefinger will sit on the Iron Throne, after all he is behind most of the major events in the series since before it even started (Like lord Jon's Arryn death), I also think he is a possible BlackFyre, and the story about his father being a braavosi sellsword is just a cover up story, but that could just be me :dunno:

4. Why would she be alive and not living in winterfell?

5.The wall will fall in last book if not in the next one

1. Melisandre could resurrect Jon simply because she is stronger than Thoros of Myr, plus she hinted that she will help Jon with something. And I don't think that Catelyn will help Jon out of all her children who need help.

2. Mace Tyrell would die before giving up his daughter's crown, we see him in TDWD epilogue with the council planning on fighting off the threat after the trial.

3.I believe he is too important and too cautious to die. I think there will be a point where Littlefinger will sit on the Iron Throne, after all he is behind most of the major events in the series since before it even started (Like lord Jon's Arryn death), I also think he is a possible BlackFyre, and the story about his father being a braavosi sellsword is just a cover up story, but that could just be me :dunno:

4. Why would she be alive and not living in winterfell?

5.The wall will fall in last book if not in the next one

Why are people so obsessed with the Blackfyres? Littlefinger a Blackfyre? C'mon.

Archived