If HBO hypothetically decided to do a flashback to robert's rebellion the cast would be.....

Arianne Stark

Not Liam for Hoster. Hoster seems more like a hothead in his descriptions, only lending his swords to the cause on the bethrothals of his daughters, and disparing of Tansey in the end. Liam plays even-keel, level headed masters, a Jon Arryn. Hoster is someone who can scream angry, be a powerful fighter, with a touch of shrewd and can act as a mentor (yet dislike) Littlefinger.

Not Liam for Hoster. Hoster seems more like a hothead in his descriptions, only lending his swords to the cause on the bethrothals of his daughters, and disparing of Tansey in the end. Liam plays even-keel, level headed masters, a Jon Arryn. Hoster is someone who can scream angry, be a powerful fighter, with a touch of shrewd and can act as a mentor (yet dislike) Littlefinger.

I am more oriented towards "Willow" discussion with Lysa, I seriously find Liam's voice nice for such a thing. I wanted Liam for Rickard but I found him too "soft" for such an act and I placed Bernard Hill at first on Hoster spot, but I found it more "correct" to swap them. *KAZZING* What about Hugo Weaving as Hoster?

BTW your opinion on others.

How is not joining a rebellion until you have marriage assurances a 'hotheaded' thing to do? It's precisely the opposite.

I'm not sure what you meant be disparing. I'll take a guess and assume: Despairing, in this context that goes neither one way or the other, a lot of fathers would feel remorse for killing off their grandchild.

Brandon Stark: Eoin Macken (he looks PERFECTLY like Brandon)

Elia Martell: Q’orianka Kilcher (she's perfect for Elia)

Lyanna: Young Liv Tyler

Robert: Henry Cavill (he's too old but he's the best I found)

Rhaegar: Harry Lloyd again HAHAHA I just can't picture a great actor to be Rhaegar, and as Harry look great with the purple eyes and the white wig I pick him.

Harry Lloyd isn't a bad idea. It would be interesting to see two characters who look very similar be portrayed in two dissimilar manners.

Somebody suggested Catherine Zeta-Jones as Elia Martell... sorry but she is far too busty to fit the character. I'm quite positive she is described as flat-chested.

Personally, I'd love to see Michael Fassbender as Ser Arthur Dayne.

This is also my first ever post here.

Nikolaj is so perfect for Jaime that I can't imagine any other actor taking on the role, although they would obviously have to.

Yeah but if they did have to recast, Oakes really has the look of a young, arrogant and cocksure Jaime.

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/eozqTshHmi1T4I63whomRA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/blogs/the-juice/davis-oakes.jpg

• 2 months later...

Rhaegar Targaryen- Ryan Gosling

Lyanna Stark- Emma Stone (with dark hair of course)

Ned Stark- Josh Dallas

Jaime Lannister- Alex Pettyfer

Cersei Lannister-

Brandon Stark- Michael Fassbender

Ashara Dayne- Bryce Dallas Howard (with dark hair)

Robert Baratheon- Henry Cavill

Aerys Targaryen- John Malkovich

Rhaella Targaryen- Glenn Close

Elia Martell- Hannah Simone

Arthur Dayne- Benedict Cumberbatch

Catelyn Tully- Amanda Seyfried (with red hair)

Ser Gerold Hightower- Liam Neeson

Oswell Whent- David Wenham

Lord Rickard Stark- Bernard Hill

Howland Reed- Kevin Connoly

Barristan Selmy- Martin Freeman

Malkovich as Aerys Targaryen.....interesting.

Here's my cast. Many of you might not agree with it but, hey I'm not a casting director or anything!

I agree that Henry Cavill should be Bobby Baratheon.

For Ned, I don't know why but I think Liam McIntyre from Spartacus would do a good job. IMO Chris Hemsworth would be way too pretty for the role.

Definetly Jonathan Rhys-Meyers as Rhaegar, though I don't know how he would look in that wig. Orlando Bloom is too much of a wet blanket.

I'm a big Jared Harris fan, so I'd like him as Jon Arryn or Hoster Tully. He is an excellent character actor so he would do great with either.

Kevin Zegers and Isabel Lucas as Jaime and Cersei respectively.

Gary Oldman to play The Mad King. No questions asked! Jeremy Irons would be good too though.

Luke Evans would be good for Brandon Stark.

I don't know why nobody has ever said this but, Pierce Brosnan as Rickard Stark will be excellent.

As for Elia, I think Catalina Sandino Moreno would do a good job.

Not sure about Lyanna Stark, but I guess Eva Green is the best choice at the moment. IMO she's a little too old for the role. But if 31 year old woman (Natalie Dormer) can play a 17-18 year old (Margaery) in the show, then I suppose you can do that too.

They can keep Conleth Hill, Julian Glover, Ian McElhinney and Charles Dance as Varys, Pycelle, Ser Barristan and Tywin respectively, since I don't imagine them at all to look younger. Dance and McElhinney though could use a little bit of make up.

And one that just popped into my head right now, Ray Stevenson as Gerold Hightower.

I think we can agree Rhaegar is by far the most difficult character to cast. The way he is described to me it sounds like he should be a combination of the following.

- Very handsome, probably a touch feminine like Orlando Bloom, seems like all the Targs are

- While it says he was a gallant fighter, I think he was on the thin side, probably not extremely muscular

- Young probably early 20s actor

- Have a certain melancholy intrinsic to their character

- Mystery to their look

That being said I haven't seen any actors suggested I really like for the role yet.

If science can find a way to resurrect Heath Ledger, we could make him Rhaegar Targaryen. I like Fimmel though.

The only person I ever envisioned as Aerys while reading was Bill Nighy.

Robert Baratheon - Kevin Durand

Rickard Stark - Brian Cox

Eddard Stark - Sean Bean

Brandon Stark - Paul Levesque

Lyanna Stark - I would have said Lena Headey had I never watched Game of Thrones, but I'll go with Katie McGrath because Headey is perfect and I saw someone else say McGrath.

Robert - Henry Cavill

Eddard - Chris Hemsworth

Lyanna - Eva Green/Liv Tyler

Rhaegar - Orlando Bloom

Jon Arryn - Liam Neeson

Aerys II - Jeremy Irons

Rickard Stark - Viggo Mortenson

Brandon Stark - Richard Armitage

Benjen Stark - Liam Hemsworth

Elia Martell - Morena Baccarin

Jaime - Alex Pettyfer

Cersei - Amanda Seyfried

Catelyn - Bryce Dallas Howard

Stannis - Jared Leto

Tywin - Daniel Craig

Ashara Dayne - Gemma Arterton

Barristan Selmy - Benedict Cumberbatch

Arthur Dayne - Chris Evans

Hoster Tully - Martin Freeman

Crazy, I know. At least I didn't pick people like Michael Cera for Littlefinger, or Jonah Hill for Varys.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived